Soniccouture favourites?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martinjuenke wrote:xtended piano is inspiring.
+1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

jsp1979 wrote:
The plucked piano in Xtended Piano is one of my favorite sampled sounds that I own. Love it.

+100
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Ep73 and Broken Wurli are must-haves.

I have the Hammersmith Pro, and it is probably the best V-Piano I have. I got that and the Conservatoire around Xmas, buy 1, get one free. Very happy with them.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

In the end I bought almost everything I was interested in. I bought the Deconstructed EP, The Broken Wurli, The Grand Marimba and Xtended piano.

What did you guys get?

I got the Wurli, Clav, and smaller Hammersmith.

I got box of tricks and array mbira. I'll never use the vocal pads in BoT, however. I'm in the 3% of people that find imogen's voice insufferable

Stollmeister wrote:There is a Soniccouture sale at NI right now. I already have their Box of Tricks, and I am very impressed with it. What are some of your favorite libraries from them? My budget is limited, so I can probably only buy one or two libraries. They have so many cool libraries so it is hard to choose. What are your favorite libraries from them? Which, if any, libraries are you guys buying?

Their Ep73 Deconstructed and their Broken Wurli are tempting, but I already have the Scarbee stuff. Would you say that the Soniccouture libraries are substantially better than the Scarbee?

I
For straight ahead Rhodes sound I prefer the Scarbee since the lower notes of the EP73 keyboard are kinda messed up and have no bass to them. It sounds like they are broken. The upper registers have great character though. But the EP73 has lots of really interesting alternatives in how it was recorded, like the plucked and bowed etc, which all sound great. So it's a very versatile library. I do like the SC Wurli the ebst for Wurlis as well, with or without broken speaker turned up. Otherwise I do like their Gamelan and skiddaw stones, though they are both very distinctive, and Glassworks is pretty cool.

I have the same problem too!
I ended up buying most of the on sale instruments a couple of weeks back and now my challenge is to find a way to use them in a song. I may have lost sight of that with the excitement of listening to the audio demos! I might also be in danger of being considered a fanboy!

I've had a few NI issues to sort through since then so haven't really got through too many of them yet but so far my top 3 (damn more like 4) are the Ondes, Ondioline, Clav and the Attic. I love those old synth sounds and have been looking for a Clav with just the right tone for quite a while for a particular song I've had in my head for ages.
Although I really like the Scarbee Clav, many of the presets on SC Clav were closer than anything I could do with Scarbee, that's even before any of the fine tuning that I'll inevitably end up doing. That's no criticism of the Scarbee either, its still a really good plugin just didn't have quite the right sound for that particular song!
I find the SC plugins have heaps of character to the sound that often gets missed in other plugins.
For em the real test is how long before I end up forgetting about the mechanics of operating the plugin and just play with the instrument? Which is afterall the whole point of buying them for me!

Hey martinjuenke... was it a missing xml file that they sent you to drop into the service center folder? If it was that happened to me too! A minor inconvenience like you say though as they quickly sorted it out for me!

Haunted Spaces is quite interesting

martinjuenke wrote:Haunted Spaces is quite interesting
Haunted Spaces is awesome! I just bought the Ghost Planet Sound Pack
which is excellent as well.

pekbro wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:Haunted Spaces is quite interesting
Haunted Spaces is awesome! I just bought the Ghost Planet Sound Pack
which is excellent as well.
I think about it as well. 19 bucks seem to be a reasonable price. Some presets in their intro video are a bit Ian Boddy cliche (these wooshes for example) but the package as whole may be worth it.

Glassworks is huge here.
73 Deconstructed
Broken Wurli
Wassolou Balafon
Grand Toy Piano

Geosonics

Pan Drums
Skiddaw Stones
Tingklik

I'm also interested in Haunted Spaces. I have Geosonics, and it seems like another great sounding ambiance product.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”