Loading fxp for Sonic Charge Cyclone

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have downloaded the huge Yamaha TX16W sample library compilation called the Aeolian fxp (https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/594 ... 6w-library).

My problem is, I have never used .fxp files and don't understand how to load them!

According to the ReadMe file, I should:

1. Load an instance of Cyclone onto a track in your DAW, and maybe insert a splash of reverb after it.

2. set the track input to "MIDI:All Channels"

3. arm the track and turn monitoring on ...

4. import one of the .fxp files ... and play :)
But Magnus Lidström, the maker of Cyclone, wrote on the Cyclone forum:
Sorry, but Cyclone itself does not have a function to import .fxp files, you need to do it through your DAW.
So, how do I do this?

I use MuLab today. If I try to drag one of the .fxp files from the Preset library, I can't drop it on a new track or so. I have also installed both Cyclone and the TX16WX, and neither is accepting the .fxp files (or at least I haven't got them to do it).

So... how do I load the samples? And IF I need a TX16W clone, should I stick to Cyclone or should I use TX16WX? The reason I ask is that the latter i still updated on a regular basis, whereas Cyclone hasn't been updated since 2013.

(I am not interested in the sampling capabilities, just after the sounds of this library.)

Thanks a lot if you can clear this out for me!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

The Aeolian fxp will only load in cyclone,no idea about loading fxp in mulab,but you'll get a quicker response over in the forum on how to load them

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=79

Ok, thanks. Was not sure of what the appropriate forum was as I don't really know what is wrong. :)
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Hi! I just downloaded Cyclone today and I tried using the fxp but nothing works. How can I load them with FL Studio?
EDIT: Never mind, figured it out
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

Hi... I'm Aeolian, I compiled that zip collection, and since I use Reaper, I documented the reaper method for loading fxp files... but most DAWs are quite similar in this regard (ie most have an "import/load fxp" option at the top menu of the plugin window somewhere)

Glad you got it sorted... Im posting this in case other readers, who are not sure about loading fxps, come upon this thread :)

I've since added a small update to the collection, cyclone will now display the disk name if you hover the mouse over the floppy drive... ATM, it will just display "blank", regardless.

I can upload this small update if anyone's interested?

Needless to say, I didn't create any of these disks... I just compiled them.
Prestissimo in Moto Perpetuo

Melkor wrote:Hi... I'm Aeolian, I compiled that zip collection, and since I use Reaper, I documented the reaper method for loading fxp files... but most DAWs are quite similar in this regard (ie most have an "import/load fxp" option at the top menu of the plugin window somewhere)

Glad you got it sorted... Im posting this in case other readers, who are not sure about loading fxps, come upon this thread :)

I've since added a small update to the collection, cyclone will now display the disk name if you hover the mouse over the floppy drive... ATM, it will just display "blank", regardless.

I can upload this small update if anyone's interested?

Needless to say, I didn't create any of these disks... I just compiled them.
Hi, I'm interested in the "small update". I feel as if there isn't enough sample disks for the Cyclone no matter how many there are lol.

Melkor wrote:I can upload this small update if anyone's interested?
HI, Aeolian, I am interested too! Your collection very nice. Thank you!

Here you go :)

https://ln.sync.com/dl/77590ad70/zd2rbi ... 5-x8wyy6hk

Like i said earlier, this collection is essentially the same as before, but now the floppy drive will display the actual disk name, instead of "blank.img".... i did this because i kept dialling up killer sounds, and then forgetting which disk/fxp i had loaded!

Latest favourites are the "YE 42 String Section" disk, the NuEdge demo disk has a killer new age pad, the R&D-UK "Synth Group - Various Textures" disk has a performance called "JARRE_UN" that has to be heard to be believed, another called "WATERSPA" .... The R&D Viola disk ....SynthZone "Emulator OrchChords", "Alembic Bass" and "Symphoni".

Melkor wrote:Here you go :)

https://ln.sync.com/dl/77590ad70/zd2rbi ... 5-x8wyy6hk

Like i said earlier, this collection is essentially the same as before, but now the floppy drive will display the actual disk name, instead of "blank.img".... i did this because i kept dialling up killer sounds, and then forgetting which disk/fxp i had loaded!

Latest favourites are the "YE 42 String Section" disk, the NuEdge demo disk has a killer new age pad, the R&D-UK "Synth Group - Various Textures" disk has a performance called "JARRE_UN" that has to be heard to be believed, another called "WATERSPA" .... The R&D Viola disk ....SynthZone "Emulator OrchChords", "Alembic Bass" and "Symphoni".
thanks a bunch!

Many thanks! Useful work, necessary collection!

No problem... I did the fxp library because I wanted to use it myself, and any other users with a penchant for ancient samplers and libs, may as well give it a spin too :D

If anyone wants to mirror it, go right ahead.

The biggest showstopper for cyclone, is the 16 note polyphony, which is OK for most sounds, but fails on layered, stacked sounds, and fast drum kit passages.

If you are actually brave enough to edit any of the disks/fxps, via the cyclone GUI, make sure you save your creation under a new name, so you don't overwrite the fxp/disk.

Hi Guys! First of all let me just say thank you so much for the cyclone! just discovered it today and running the .img files was a just so smooth. After discovering some corrupted files fortunately I've found the new collected pack by Aeolian. Sadly I've spend the entire Sunday trying to run these fxp files in Ableton 10/LPX!! (that includes changing the info plist text, moving the fxp to presets folder etc.) tried vst so as AU. Nothing helped. Is there any way to explain it to me or to show me a step by step guide...? It really got quite frustrating though!! All the best!!

ok vst works on Ableton. its the folder (load preset or bank) next to the floppy in the device title bar. Still don't know how to convert to aupreset. Rewire won't allow Live (LPX master) to use external plugins though vst would be enough.

Anyone know if there's 90s rave vocals on here?

No vocals on there really,few choirs,oohhs & aahhs

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”