processing audio records and sensors

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please excuse me if this is not the right place to post it, i'm new in the audio field, so excuse my lack of knowledge.

I'm trying to do target recognition using the target acoustic signal. I tested my code in matlab, however, i'm trying to simulate that in C to test it in tinyOS using sensor simulator.

In matlab, i used wav records (16 bits per sample, 44.1 sample rate), so for example, i have a record for a certain object, lets say cat sound which of 0:01 duration, in matlab that will give me a total of 36864 samples of type int16 ,and size 73728 bytes.

In sensor, if i have [Mica2 sensor: 10 bits ADC (but i'll use 8 bits ADC), 8 MHz microprocessor, and 4 Kb RAM. This means that when i detect an object, i'll fill the buffer with 4000 samples of type uint8_t (if i used 8 KHz sample rate and 8 bits ADC).

So, my question is that:

- In matlab i used a large number of samples to represent the target audio signal(36864 samples), but in the sensor i'm limited to only 4000 samples, would that be enough to record the whole target sound?

And could you kindly advice me with any link that may help me to understand that.

Thank you very much, highly appreciate your advice

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”