Good Loop Player/Slicer VST?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

Hi Everyone,

I just bought the Big Fish Audio Funk Horns 2 in the Black Friday sale. I also have a number of other instrumental loop packs I have collected over the years. Can you please recommend a good loop player VST that will automatically slice the loops, allow me to rearrange them, change the pitch of individual slices, time stretch, etc.? I have several good Kontakt instruments that do this (George Duke Soul Treasures, Samplephonics Slice Machine), but am looking for something similar in VST format as I am running this on an older machine that struggles with Kontakt. Any thoughts you might have would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Looperator is an effect, it can slice a recorded buffer, but not a file.
Egoist can slice loops though.

Also UVI Workstation and Ueberschall Elastik [edit: seems Elastik can't load non-Ueberschall stuff].

Thank you everyone! I forgot that I own Egoist, and registered for Geist Lite on Beat's website. I am going to give both of these a try and see how it goes. Meanwhile, waiting for a copy of Redux to turn up in the Marketplace :).

Thanks again!

Oooooooo necrophiliaaaaaa :singer:

I'd hope they'd be sorted for a sampler by now
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”