sounds.com

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Interesting to see that NI have also acquired LoopLoft and their founder will be the Sounds.com lead. I've had some decent stuff from LL so I think it probably bodes well for this venture.
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/native-ins ... loft-40052

don1thedon wrote:Interesting to see that NI have also acquired LoopLoft and their founder will be the Sounds.com lead. I've had some decent stuff from LL so I think it probably bodes well for this venture.
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/native-ins ... loft-40052
I'm not quite sure how to respond to that, mostly it seems to be inducing a bit of a chuckle....

Is Sounds.com royalty free after your subscription runs out? That's what in my opinion sets Noiiz apart from many of the other ventures. It's a tiny detail but pretty damn important in many situations.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:Is Sounds.com royalty free after your subscription runs out? That's what in my opinion sets Noiiz apart from many of the other ventures. It's a tiny detail but pretty damn important in many situations.
According to the terms you have a perpetual license to anything you download. So, yes, it stays royalty free even after you cancel the subscription.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Is the content of Sounds currently as large as that of Noiiz? Is there a way to download all of the loops within a given collection at once? Finally, could someone please include a link regarding the companies whose loops/sounds are included in the subscription?

Thanks!

bharris22 wrote:Is the content of Sounds currently as large as that of Noiiz? Is there a way to download all of the loops within a given collection at once? Finally, could someone please include a link regarding the companies whose loops/sounds are included in the subscription?

Thanks!
From what I can see sounds.com has about 540k sounds and Noiiz about 500 packs. So I would guess they are somewhat comparable in size. I don't think they have a list of companies anywhere and they also do not seem to have a function to download an entire pack.

But browsing access is free. So you can always check that out yourself. :wink:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Thank you :).

As much as I am not interested in this service personally, NI doing this is a gamebreaker. They have half of market share and this thing is integrated with their software and hardware, which means soon everybody in the world will be using the same loops, sounds and construction kits. This should cut many noob question about "where to get best hiphop / dubstep loops" - right here. Just like anybody else.

Just as now everybody in the world of trance uses exactly same shaker FX :smack:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”