Is Sample Modeling dead?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is no way to contact Sample Modeling anymore, their contact page is not working.

I was going to contact the company with the following text, but since the contact page is down I´m stuck in limbo.

"Hi!
I own your Trumpet and Sax brothers instruments. I was about to also invest in your other Kontakt based sample instruments, but since the quarrel and mysterious agreement with the SWAM-company, I´m a bit worried if you really will continue to support your Sample Modeling libraries. When was it last time you released a product/update to your existing Sample modeling products? What are your plans for the future? Will you really continue to support the Trumpet, Trombone, Horn/Tuba and Saxophone brothers instruments?
Judging by your website, where your contact page is out of order (!), I get the impression that there is no future with Sample Modeling and the company and that you just keep the website up for appearances sake. -- Please, take no offense, I think this is a fair question before any investment/purchase and please correct me if I´m wrong.
Sincerely, XX"

Anybody know what´s up with the company?

It's called Audio Modeling now.

This entity is not concerned with Kontakt instruments. I have a license for Mr T Tenor Sax, it hadn't seen an update for some time before the Swam move. I believe you're SOL here, I hate to say.

No, I´m talking about Sample Modeling, not Audio modeling (the SWAM company). That´s two different companies, AFAIK. It seems it is with Audio modeling things are happening, if I´m not mistaken, and that the remaining Sample Modeling is inactive -- and dead?

From Audio Modeling web site:
"We are pleased to announce to our customers, retailers and all friends that Audio Modeling and Samplemodeling have overcome any misunderstanding with mutual agreement and mutual satisfaction, and defined any relationship with Mr. Peter Siedlaczek, Mr. Giorgio Tommasini and Samplemodeling.
Samplemodeling has ceased the distribution of Audio Modeling / SWAM products starting from November 22nd 2017, at 1 pm, with the sole exception of “The Sax Brothers” product whose distribution will cease on May 31st 2018, and will continue to operate on the market with its own and 3rd party products."

nordickvr wrote:From Audio Modeling web site:
"We are pleased to announce to our customers, retailers and all friends that Audio Modeling and Samplemodeling have overcome any misunderstanding with mutual agreement and mutual satisfaction, and defined any relationship with Mr. Peter Siedlaczek, Mr. Giorgio Tommasini and Samplemodeling.
Samplemodeling has ceased the distribution of Audio Modeling / SWAM products starting from November 22nd 2017, at 1 pm, with the sole exception of “The Sax Brothers” product whose distribution will cease on May 31st 2018, and will continue to operate on the market with its own and 3rd party products."
Yeah, I´ve read that a while ago. But it doesn´t really answer any of my questions. It´s easy to make an announcement, but it takes a bit more to impress me when there is not too much activity on their site and the contact page is down.

If I was Sample Modeling, I would quickly make sure not to make the impression that I was bought out and am running away with some money from a dead end deal and am leaving an abandoned website to get money for scrap abandonware from unaware customers.
Last edited by hebex on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

hebex wrote:No, I´m talking about Sample Modeling, not Audio modeling (the SWAM company). That´s two different companies, AFAIK. It seems it is with Audio modeling things are happening, if I´m not mistaken, and that the remaining Sample Modeling is inactive -- and dead?
Well, the post below my first one clarifies this somewhat, but Audio Modeling did grow out of Sample Modeling, and it's all been SWAM engine for years now. The point I was trying to convey to you is that Kontakt support of that stuff is over.

jancivil wrote:The point I was trying to convey to you is that Kontakt support of that stuff is over.
That´s exactly what I´m worrying about. But since the Swam engine part of the company has left, perhaps the remaining Sample Modeling guys will merrily continue with the Kontakt thing, as what I interpret they say in their "announcement". Or maybe not.

The entity that remains appears to have abandoned SWAM or agreed it was the purview of Audio Modeling.
I occasionally to to the site and you're right, nothing that isn't Audio Modeling is happening for some time.

https://www.samplemodeling.com/en/contact.php

worked for me just now

I need installer (.nki and samples) for Mr T, actually...

Hebex, Jancivil & others,

Sorry for the late reply, but we discovered this thread by chance only now. We noticed that in this thread there are relevant insinuations needing a clarification.

1) Is Samplemodeling dead ? Not really. Samplemodeling is up and running as before. We are working hard on developing several breathtaking instruments and plugins. Understandably we can't disclose the details.

2) I occasionally to to the site and you're right, nothing that isn't Audio Modeling is happening for some time. There is a misconception here, since Audio Modeling has been founded only very recently, as of May 2017. You probably refer to the SWAM instruments, created by Stefano Lucato & Emanuele Parravicini in close collaboration with Samplemodeling. We decided to temporarily suspend the creation of new Kontakt-based instruments to avoid interference with this new line of products. That's why no new, Kontakt-based instruments have been offered in the last three years.

3) There is no way to contact Sample Modeling anymore, their contact page is not working. This is simply untrue. Hundreds of customers were in touch with us since the beginning of the year. None reported communication issues.

4) If I was Sample Modeling, I would quickly make sure not to make the impression that I was bought out and am running away with some money from a dead end deal and am leaving an abandoned website to get money for scrap abandonware from unaware customers.

Hebex, this is a serious accusation, and if we were you, we would be more cautious before insinuating your "impressions". Can we ask how did you get this idea? Was your sentence written in good faith? In any case, facts are that Samplemodeling has not been bought out, we are not running away with anybody's money, we did not abandon neither our website nor our customers.

5) The point I was trying to convey to you is that Kontakt support of that stuff is over. This sentence is unclear to us. Do you mean that Samplemodeling does no longer provide technical support? Since the SWAM team went their way (November 23rd, 2017), our staff replied to 405 customers emails, acting as a first and second level support, that is, providing pertinent information and attempting to directly solve technical issues. All questions have been replied usually within a few hours, and not later than on the next day.
In conclusion, rest assured of the following facts:

1) Samplemodeling is alive and well.

2) Our worldwide appreciated brass instruments are our property, are on sale from our website, and will remain on sale.

3) Our worldwide appreciated technical support will continue to be provided to all Samplemodeling customers.

4) New, revolutionary true Samplemodeling products are on their way.

For a direct contact please use our contact page, or our support email address info[at]samplemodeling.com

Sincerely,

Dr. Giorgio Tommasini and Peter Siedlaczek

Well, my fault if the assertion is in fact wrong, but as for me I have multiple requests for the Mr T files going back to late 2016 which only seemed like dead air to me.

It's really sad that for my ears both Sample Modeling and Audio Modeling are very silent since they split up.

I do have and daily use for live playing products by both of them (Kontakt based and Swam based) and both are excellent !!!

Unfortunately I (as a Breath controller user, others ways to use the software - mockup composing and Wind Controller - are not affected) am hit by a glitch with the Trumpet product by SM and they confirmed the problem and promised fixing it with the next release, but they claim to be busy with new stuff and seemingly fixing this issue does not have much priority. Anyway: I did get rather timely response in their forum and so I did not need to send E-Mails.

Regarding Audio Modeling I am totally cut off from the flow of information, as I don't use Twitter or other social Media, and as of now, they were not able to set up a decent forum. When sending an E-Mail I did get immediate answers. (BTW.: they also claim to be working hard on new products.)

While IMHO the split was a very bad idea regarding effectiveness of product developing and customer support, we supposedly can hope for innovative high quality products from either site in the foreseeable future.

-Michael
Last edited by mschnell on Wed May 02, 2018 6:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

This split scared me a bit at first, but it hasn't caused me any serious problems. I was a bit worried before as I had previously purchased instruments from SampleModeling that were transfered to AudioModeling, and seeing them disappear from both SampleModeling's website and KVR was a bit worrying, but it was quite simple to re-register them with the same serial number on AudioModeling's website and I've since been able to download updates for them with no problems.

I guess each group has different desires. It seems SampleModeling prefers Kontakt instruments and AudioModeling would rather make SWAM instruments. I just hope they don't waste too much energy trying to duplicate what the other is doing or fighting with each other over who has the rights to sell what. Let's hope they continue to both produce great instruments, as they are some of the finest, most playable instruments around.

Uh... I almost forgot about this old fair, but a bit pessimistic post... well it's so nice to see in 2019 and 2020 we had a clear evidence that NO, Sample Modeling wasn't dead at all.

The opposite they seems to be pretty active on both the product development and marketing side. Long life to them...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5TiPJ ... ZfmvxE8Zuw
FV

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”