8dio Adagietto?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
User avatar
topaz
KVRAF
4224 posts since 15 Jul, 2001 from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:38 am

I will decide that boy.
mgw38 wrote: To be honest, at this point I am just screwing with you. ;)

Complaining is one thing, but you have been rambling over dozens of pages on multiple sites for two weeks now. There is a moment where you need to let it go.

bigcat1969
KVRian
1348 posts since 30 Jul, 2013

Re: 8dio Adagietto?

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:40 am

I'm just pointing out what I have observed as someone with some slender knowledge of sampling and instrument making. I haven't observed issues with the scripting so I'm not going to comment on them. In my own experiments with autochord, arps runs, convo reverb and anything tracking key-presses in my Kontakt orchestral instruments I've tried to keep a close eye on whether or not I'm seeing speed issues or excessive CPU load and frankly have observed only mild hits. With fairly standard use of 8Dio strings I'm not observing excessive CPU load, though it is higher than some other instruments and I wouldn't put dozens of instances up at once nor try to do extreme speed.

I have done a few reviews and I find I need to try to clear my mind, make comparisons to other competitors and real instrument performances. If I go in with an agenda, the review is worthless. I have no axe to grind with 8Dio and am simply trying to offer a hopefully informed opinion on an opportunity to buy strings with limits and flaws that also have a superior tone.
Image

GearNostalgia
KVRist
255 posts since 28 Dec, 2017

Re: 8dio Adagietto?

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:32 pm

mgw38 wrote:The 8dio thread seems to be more of a personal vendetta than anything else. 8dio had actually offered the OP to refund the purchase on a public forum. But he continues to claim that they would not refund and rambles on. So, the concern has to be taken with a grain of salt.

8dio follows a slightly annoying licensing strategy. They just watermark their products and, as a result, need to be vigilant when it comes to pirated copies. The watermarking strategy does not allow them to disable a license once it is issued. So they follow an extremely strict no resale/no return policy. And they monitor every warez forum, take any pirated copy they find offline, and disable the accounts of anybody whose libraries were shared. That strategy is causing some people a lot of grief, especially when their libraries end up being torrented without their own fault.
Hi. Yes everything on web needs to be taken with some grains of salt. Personal vendetta. Yes, of course it is. I was clear with that from the start. As I wrote in one of my ramblings(I can't deny that I am not very good at keeping this short either) I missed that post where they claimed to be open to reasonable claims and could not refund me cause they were only 99% which customer I was since I was so anonymous on a forum(well aint all anons on forums?). I instantly felt that they tried to make this my fault because I had not contacted them in a normal way. I don't think they ever intended to make a refund. I found it insulting cause I made so many attempts in their suggested channels before I came to terms with the fact that they would not make any kind of effort to offer me the slightest compensation. And it was not until after that I thought I could perhaps warn some others not to make my same mistakes.

Wish I had known that piece of wisdom you shared here in your last sentences a month ago, seems accurate and lgical. I think that would have made me cautious enough to stay away from 8Dio.

I am not saying that nobody should buy this product or any other product with rigid EULA, but I hope that nobody does without knowing that if the product have flaws don't expect any kind of compensation. I am sad that priracy has led into this sad relation between developers and their actual customers(which they seem to regard more as potential pirates than potential long time buyers).

Your advice about taking things with a few grains of salt is also very sound when looking at demos. Demos are not complete representations of the content and quality.
Last edited by GearNostalgia on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GearNostalgia
KVRist
255 posts since 28 Dec, 2017

Re: 8dio Adagietto?

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:36 pm

bigcat1969 wrote: I have done a few reviews and I find I need to try to clear my mind, make comparisons to other competitors and real instrument performances. If I go in with an agenda, the review is worthless. I have no axe to grind with 8Dio and am simply trying to offer a hopefully informed opinion on an opportunity to buy strings with limits and flaws that also have a superior tone.
That is nice. That is the best kind of information. Neutral reviews of good and bad. That is essential for assessing products with ridig EULA's so we can be well informed of what bad sides we need to cope with as we part with our cash forever.

Terrafractyl
KVRist
347 posts since 15 Nov, 2005 from Melbourne Australia

Re: 8dio Adagietto?

Post Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Well thanks to who ever started this thread. Reminded me of the special, got Adagietto and then got carried away and bought adagio violins and a few others as well....

Ive always thought the tone of these libraries was quite special, and now I can attest. Top work 8dio!!!

And to the nay sayers, I find your obsessing over Adagietto's lack of ability to play 160 bpm ostinato quite hilarious. Do you even know what Adagietto means?
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

anomandaris1
KVRist
271 posts since 26 Nov, 2009

Re: 8dio Adagietto?

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:52 am

You already have semi-decent libraries. Better save for some high-end/more playable/more articulations string library (by 8dio or other developer - there are new/bigger libraries released every year. I think Adagietto was just a cut down version of the Adagio library).

Armagibbon
KVRian
695 posts since 20 Apr, 2017

Re: 8dio Adagietto?

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:54 am

Terrafractyl wrote:And to the nay sayers, I find your obsessing over Adagietto's lack of ability to play 160 bpm ostinato quite hilarious. Do you even know what Adagietto means?
It means they playin sh*tfaced right? Concertmasters like... yea hold up gotta down a keg for this part lmao

User avatar
topaz
KVRAF
4224 posts since 15 Jul, 2001 from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Re: 8dio Adagietto?

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:05 am

Yes and I also knew what spicatto meant when I purchased them for $300 +

No reasoning with angry trumpsters though.

Even after 8DIO acknowledges the issue still gonna get angry trolls.

Armagibbon wrote:
Terrafractyl wrote:And to the nay sayers, I find your obsessing over Adagietto's lack of ability to play 160 bpm ostinato quite hilarious. Do you even know what Adagietto means?
It means they playin sh*tfaced right? Concertmasters like... yea hold up gotta down a keg for this part lmao

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
16102 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: 8dio Adagietto?

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:26 pm

Terrafractyl wrote: Do you even know what Adagietto means?
Do you?

Diminutive of 'Adagio'; in a score it indicates play it lighter than you would Adagio.
EG: Mahler from his 5th symphony. The actual indication of speed there is 'Sehr Langsam', very slowly.
I think if Adagietto is the indication it means less slow than Adagio.

I wonder if the tremolos aren't supposed to be tremolos as well, because that's moving too fast to be real Adagietto, yeah?

A library doesn't play, it is samples that are triggered by MIDI note-ons to play. So is it your argument that only Tempo Adagietto (which isn't yet defined, particularly) is possible because they used this word? Strikes me as ludicrous if I think about it for a second. You seem desperate to make someone else seem stupid, which is something 8DIO is bringing out here at KVR recently for some reason. It's kind of sad, really.

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
16102 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: 8dio Adagietto?

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:36 pm

mgw38 wrote: I also found that if I freeze a track, the randomness disappears.
That's hilarious. Yeah, it's frozen now. The round robins/the random selection of round robins therefore can't happen. You like this so much you did it in two threads. It's great that you love this one, but someone seems to have found round robins that do things they didn't expect. I can neither confirm or deny, nor would I care to; I have no dog in the hunt either thread except for REASON.

I'm not on anybody's side or against anybody as a person. But some weird shit has been happening and I'd like to blame 8DIO if only because I don't like 'em. :D

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”