Kontakt 6 new features

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
User avatar
drzhnn
KVRist
454 posts since 1 Jan, 2013 from Saint-Petersburg, Russia

Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:24 am

killahpl wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:53 am
Can anybody help me out?
I gave up and finally bought it today. The content that comes with it:

- Retro Machines MK2
- Analog Dreams
- Ethereal Earth
- Hybrid Keys
- Kontakt Factory Library

You decide whether it's worth $400 or not. Personally, I only needed the Kontakt itself and I got it for $250, because I have Tonsturm Whoosh (for Reaktor Player) and NI thinks that's a good reason to give me a crossgrade discount. Go figure... I guess any other library for Kontakt Player or Reaktor player that comes with a serial number will give you that discount.

killahpl
KVRer
27 posts since 14 Feb, 2019

Re: Kontakt 6 new features

Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:19 pm

drzhnn wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:24 am
killahpl wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:53 am
Can anybody help me out?
I gave up and finally bought it today. The content that comes with it:

- Retro Machines MK2
- Analog Dreams
- Ethereal Earth
- Hybrid Keys
- Kontakt Factory Library

You decide whether it's worth $400 or not. Personally, I only needed the Kontakt itself and I got it for $250, because I have Tonsturm Whoosh (for Reaktor Player) and NI thinks that's a good reason to give me a crossgrade discount. Go figure... I guess any other library for Kontakt Player or Reaktor player that comes with a serial number will give you that discount.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply. Could you please also give me a hint as to what's included in this "Kontakt Factory Library"?

DarkStar
KVRAF
8944 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Re: Kontakt 6 new features

Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:30 pm

DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...

User avatar
drzhnn
KVRist
454 posts since 1 Jan, 2013 from Saint-Petersburg, Russia

Re: Kontakt 6 new features

Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:31 pm

Kontakt Factory Library content is rather old actually. It's still usable to some extent but hardly impressive.
Here's the PDF manual.

Image
Image

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
18143 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: Kontakt 6 new features

Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:34 pm

drzhnn wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:24 am
I guess any other library for Kontakt Player or Reaktor player that comes with a serial number will give you that discount.
Yes, that's the crossgrade price if you have any Kontakt Player library (NOT Reaktor Player).

User avatar
drzhnn
KVRist
454 posts since 1 Jan, 2013 from Saint-Petersburg, Russia

Re: Kontakt 6 new features

Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:48 pm

EvilDragon wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:34 pm
drzhnn wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:24 am
I guess any other library for Kontakt Player or Reaktor player that comes with a serial number will give you that discount.
Yes, that's the crossgrade price if you have any Kontakt Player library (NOT Reaktor Player).
Aha! Good to know. I just checked and indeed I have Arcane for Kontakt Player which is free and comes with a serial number. But I'm 100% sure that after adding Kontakt to the cart the crossgrade discount description was about Whoosh, and I thought it was strange :?

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
18143 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: Kontakt 6 new features

Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:13 pm

Yes, not all free KP libraries are eligible for the crossgrade. Forgot to mention that :)

User avatar
ChamomileShark
KVRAF
1534 posts since 12 May, 2004 from Oxford, UK

Re: Kontakt 6 new features

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:56 am

I would think it's the Factory Library which hasn't changed since Kontakt 4(?) Off the top of my head that is split into Orchestral, Band, Choir, Ethnic. Fairly basic stuff and I tend to use 3rd party libraries myself.

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRAF
2556 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Re: Kontakt 6 new features

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:13 am

EvilDragon wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:13 pm
Yes, not all free KP libraries are eligible for the crossgrade. Forgot to mention that :)
But the free Drumica from Sennhiser does! Just get that. I got Komplete significantly cheaper by going from Drumica to Kontakt to Komplete and that during a sale...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”