Arturia Analog Lab 3 Pianos

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

2 short demos featuring some Arturia Analog Lab 3 Piano presets. Besides Arturia KeyLab Essential, I also used a Kronos 88 to showcase the full range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaGVl4TfZ3I
Last edited by In The Mix on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2 short demos featuring the Arturia Piano V both with 61 and 88 keys controllers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oHIkOXhbZE

Thank you for posting these videos.

Do you find there to be any difference in the sound of the pianos included in the Lab and the ones sold separately as Piano V? I don't have the Lab, but I do have the Piano V.

Does the Lab version have different controls? I can't quite read all of the text beneath the sliders and knobs in the Lab version, but I think I can see text that says Mic 1 Pan, etc. The Piano V version doesn't have these controls, so I'm curious if there are other controls that are missing in the Piano V version.

It's kinda the other way round - The Analog Lab presets have some selected macros/controls taken from the main synths themselves. So in that Mic 1 Pan instance, on the Piano V itself there's a whole Mic Setup section:

I find these pianos quite good, perhaps underrated? I don't much like Arturia'a electric pianos but these seem well done.

These aren't sampled though, so this post shouldn't be in the sampling forum...

yeah, its not bad for what it is. I recently started tinkering with it a bit as it was included with my V 6 upgrade. I was always looking for a more modern sounding piano VST and had my eye on NI's Unacorda for the longest time. I skipped the black friday deal NI had on their stuff and jumped on the Arturia one. I find Piano V quite good. It's more versatile than the Gentleman that comes with my Komplete version. It's not quite as distinctive as Unacorda but it does the job.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

mcbpete wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:30 pm It's kinda the other way round - The Analog Lab presets have some selected macros/controls taken from the main synths themselves. So in that Mic 1 Pan instance, on the Piano V itself there's a whole Mic Setup section:

Right! Analog Lab definitely offers less control.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:33 pm I find these pianos quite good, perhaps underrated? I don't much like Arturia'a electric pianos but these seem well done.

These aren't sampled though, so this post shouldn't be in the sampling forum...
You're right. I should've posted them in the soft/instrument section. Can it still be moved to the proper section?

telecode wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:35 pm yeah, its not bad for what it is. I recently started tinkering with it a bit as it was included with my V 6 upgrade. I was always looking for a more modern sounding piano VST and had my eye on NI's Unacorda for the longest time. I skipped the black friday deal NI had on their stuff and jumped on the Arturia one. I find Piano V quite good. It's more versatile than the Gentleman that comes with my Komplete version. It's not quite as distinctive as Unacorda but it does the job.
Not bad at all as an entry level piano. I own both but personally for me it's hard to compare NI pianos with Piano V. Excluding Hybrid Pianos and of course Unacorda's sound design presets, NI pianos have a more acoustic quality. Piano V sounds more processed.

This time I recorded another demo for Arturia Piano V2. It contains 2 videos, one with Keylab 61 featuring the American Grand and Kronos featuring the Japanese Grand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CdfZFSUAdM

The new version of the Arturia Piano V2 is very nice.

Here is an audio demos of the new Arturia Piano V2 with some custom presets:

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... ano-demo-2

More audio demo HERE.

PatchAdamz,

Yes, that sounds really good!

In The Mix wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:27 am
telecode wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:35 pm yeah, its not bad for what it is. I recently started tinkering with it a bit as it was included with my V 6 upgrade. I was always looking for a more modern sounding piano VST and had my eye on NI's Unacorda for the longest time. I skipped the black friday deal NI had on their stuff and jumped on the Arturia one. I find Piano V quite good. It's more versatile than the Gentleman that comes with my Komplete version. It's not quite as distinctive as Unacorda but it does the job.
Not bad at all as an entry level piano. I own both but personally for me it's hard to compare NI pianos with Piano V. Excluding Hybrid Pianos and of course Unacorda's sound design presets, NI pianos have a more acoustic quality. Piano V sounds more processed.
What is an entry level piano?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:49 am...
What would an entry level instrument be ...you think?
Last edited by In The Mix on Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In The Mix wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:27 pm
v1o wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:49 am...
What would an entry level instrument would be ...you think?
I’ve never heard of an entry level piano.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”