Algonaut unleash Atlas 1.4 to the wild. The best AI drum sampler gets more powerful!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas

Alright, here we are 2 months later! I wonder if it'll be out soon.

I know this is an indie developer (maybe even just one person?), but I am pretty disappointed as a customer. He teased this feature over a year ago, implying they were already well underway on building it back when 1.4 came out in April 2019 and it would be ready fairly soon afterwards. I was looking at both XO and Atlas at the time, and I liked that the Algonaut dev seemed engaged with the community with big plans to keep improving it which was part of why I bought it. In hindsight it seems like he's not actually putting in that much work on this software anymore after all. Which is fine, it's just the misleading expectations that make this annoying. He should at least come into forums like this and answer user questions once in a while if he wants to build a good reputation for this brand.

poolontheroof wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:13 pm Alright, here we are 2 months later! I wonder if it'll be out soon.
there was a post on the algonaut public beta group on facebook saying that 1.5 was nearly ready to go from internal beta to public beta - so he is obviously still actively working on it.

jdnz wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:00 pm
poolontheroof wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:13 pm Alright, here we are 2 months later! I wonder if it'll be out soon.
there was a post on the algonaut public beta group on facebook saying that 1.5 was nearly ready to go from internal beta to public beta - so he is obviously still actively working on it.
Well, all we know is he is now actively working on it again. It still kinda seems like he hyped it up as getting close to done in April of last year, then put it aside for almost a year and is now finishing it up these past couple of months. All I'm saying is it would have been nice if he had just communicated some major delays and been straightforward about it since he had already started selling people on a big update coming soon.

Anyone heard anything?

I ve demoed both, XO and Atlas, they have both pros and cons.
Last edited by Najimad on Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Where is the update?? I hope the dev could come clear and explain a few things and give as a hint about the process and the plan .

I've been waiting a while for news from devs as well!

I’ve owned the Atlas since it release.
Rather disappointed to the way the ”AI” works, i.e. the ability of mapping the kit in the way it made sense.
I’ve really tried - but no use for me, so far.
E.g. the Live factory racks are much more useful.
BTW, I own half of dozen drum studios and machines, at least 20 libraries, i.e. I have base to compare.

Remains to be seeing, if the company’s strategy was just ”take the money and run”, or a serious, long term developer.

Atlas should improve at least 300 % to redeem all the promises.

Hi everyone, Atlas dev here. I've just given an update on the Algonaut public beta Facebook group and I'll copy-paste it here.
---------------------------------------------
Atlas 2.0 is now in private beta with a small group while the last few features get finished and the major bugs get flushed out.

I realize it's been a long time since I gave a progress update and I apologize for that. I've been waiting to do an announcement here until I was more sure of a release date since I know that's what everyone is really interested in. I've also held back on previews a bit because this is a public group with competitors as well as fans in it. Once we near release that doesn't matter anymore. For now the release date still remains as 'when it's ready' but we're on the last leg.

There's a lot of cool new stuff in this update (like really, a LOT). A solid mix of brand new major features and older requested improvements. Building all this has been the hardest project in my career but also the one I'm most proud of.

Once I've fixed everything that's coming up in the private beta, Stage 2 will be to widen the group a little bit. Priority will be given to existing Atlas owners and those that can contribute in a professional sense (eg. creating presets). Previews will happen in Stage 2. Stage 3 will be more of a typical public beta.

Thanks for all the support so far. Honestly I feel grateful every single day for the people that have purchased Atlas and have allowed me the opportunity to keep creating and improving it.

Matt

Great news! Thank you very much for letting us know. Looking forward to the release!

Was looking for some drum sequencing options so thought I'd check to see how Atlas 2.0 was going and... Will be interesting to see the official announcement but Algonaut have a new website going up with some details on Atlas 2.0. https://algonaut.audio/. (It looks to be redirected from their old site).

Haven't played with the plugin in a while (thanks Ableton), but the info from the website shows that the new version includes:
  • Drum sequencer including step timings, polyrhythm
  • Midi output
  • Sample editing
  • Improved Galaxy map and content browser
And a reasonably low price for an upgrade from version 1 to 2 once released. (I'm spoilt by other developers upgrading for free :D ).
Am looking forward to trying this one out.

I was able to test the Atlas 2 beta and I have to say that for me Atlas is the best drum-sample plugin.

BuddySpencer wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:20 pm I was able to test the Atlas 2 beta and I have to say that for me Atlas is the best drum-sample plugin.
If Atlas is the best in the genre, the level is really miserable.
I’ve owned the Atlas since its release, tried several times with different sound content - with very bad results.

Harry_HH wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:45 pm
BuddySpencer wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:20 pm I was able to test the Atlas 2 beta and I have to say that for me Atlas is the best drum-sample plugin.
I’ve owned the Atlas since its release, tried several times with different sound content - with very bad results.
What exactly did you try and in which area did you get bad results? Do you mean the assignment of the specific sounds to the categories?

BuddySpencer wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:53 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:45 pm
What exactly did you try and in which area did you get bad results? Do you mean the assignment of the specific sounds to the categories?
” What exactly did you try.”
1.Map the kit piece sounds
2.Create usable kits via the Atlas
3. Save kits
4. Create and use Midi grooves/fills

” which area did you get bad results?”
See the previous areas 1-4.

The Atlas ”AI” is a joke - the ability to recognize and map sounds is lousy.
The end results are 95 % useless.

I’ve really tried. I have used really good and coherent sound libraries. But the way Atlas
”AI” does the mapping is in most of the cases not even close usable. And what worst, you can’t manually edit and make the kit better.

There should be a mashine learning option, where the user could teach the AI
making better mappings.

These were just the top of the iceberg of the shortages in Atlas.

In my opinion the Algonaut guys haven’t even tried. They have abandonet the product - taken the money and run away.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”