Best piano vst

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^^^
The Russian Goudenov on quality control and productivity stated:
"perfectionism is the enemy of profitability"
I am sure that perfectionism is an enemy to a lot more.

edit: Hey, it's good enough! :lol:
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fully agree! Thanks for your reply.

telecode wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:17 pm
BERFAB wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:17 pm
telecode wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:46 pm
If you can manage to get a copy of SampleTank3 (not SampleTank 4!) -- it has a really decent sounding sampled grand piano VST at the very decently low price of free.
What is the patch name of the piano you are referring to, please?

Cheers
-B
It's just one instrument. The icon says it's a sample of a German grand piano. I'll send a screenshot.
Thanks telecode. The reason I ask is because years ago, my go-to piano was a Sampletank 2 patch. I never found it again in ST3 or 4. I now use the Mellow Grand Piano patch in Halion 6 as my go to, but I'd like to A/B it with your suggestion.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:39 pm
If you can manage to get a copy of SampleTank3 (not SampleTank 4!) -- it has a really decent sounding sampled grand piano VST at the very decently low price of free.

Cheers
-B
It's just one instrument. The icon says it's a sample of a German grand piano. I'll send a screenshot.
Thanks telecode. The reason I ask is because years ago, my go-to piano was a Sampletank 2 patch. I never found it again in ST3 or 4. I now use the Mellow Grand Piano patch in Halion 6 as my go to, but I'd like to A/B it with your suggestion.

Cheers
-B
you can still download old SampleTank Se from IKM. When I login I see Sample Tank SE 3 and 4. You might be able to see ST SE 2 as well.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:00 pm
BERFAB wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:39 pm

Cheers
-B

Cheers
-B
you can still download old SampleTank Se from IKM. When I login I see Sample Tank SE 3 and 4. You might be able to see ST SE 2 as well.
I have all my old Sampletank 2 content. That's not my issue. ST2, as you know, had a limited sample size for all its instruments. As other options with richer sample bases proliferated, ST2 just didn't keep up. When ST3 came along, I tried to find something comparable there, but didn't. So I'm very curious as to what you have found.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

an-electric-heart wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:07 pm Last time I looked for pianos I remember having a hard time finding pianos that are a bit more modest, everybody just does Steinways, I want just a normal upright, the kind a normal person would have in their home, not beat-up or out of tune, just a modest upright piano. I know N.I have a couple of uprights, but they're pretty character-ish.
Although it’s tagged as a fantasy library, Production Voices’ The Halfling has a surprisingly normal-sounding upright at its core - it seems to be a smaller model (hence the idea for the library I guess) but doesn’t have that bar-room twang a lot of upright libraries do and it’s not an expensive, deep sound. There are some clean demoes on their Soundcloud page.

Sampletekk’s Vertikal is another option: bog-standard piano but not beaten up. It does however have an odd metallic clunk on the F below middle C. I’ve stretched the E below over the two notes and deleted the clunky samples in the version I use.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”