Good enough settings to make sample library ?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Naming the files serially instead of detecting pitch is a good idea. It wouldn't have worked well for my initial project (Rhodes) because I didn't sample completely evenly (skipping funky notes and sampling more in certain areas.)

Oh, another thing the chopper does is it ignores any samples that are shorter than a given length. That way I was able to hit a key, see if it hit my target peak level, drop it immediately if I failed, and just try again. That was a huge time saver.

JeffLearman wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:27 pm Naming the files serially instead of detecting pitch is a good idea. It wouldn't have worked well for my initial project (Rhodes) because I didn't sample completely evenly (skipping funky notes and sampling more in certain areas.)

Oh, another thing the chopper does is it ignores any samples that are shorter than a given length. That way I was able to hit a key, see if it hit my target peak level, drop it immediately if I failed, and just try again. That was a huge time saver.
Grid-Slicing is indeed a good Idea (to be honest not mine), but it does only (really) work in an automatized Environment.

Create a Midi Track, xNotes per Octaves -1 to +7, each 1 Bar long + 1 Bar Distance between the Notes, adjust the Project Tempo to determine the Sample length, "export as Audio" and create x*Octaves Slices of equal Length afterwards (File Lenth / x * Ocatves), cut the Silence, Mapping, export Audio Files with Rootkey+Rootkey Number in the Filename.

A well thought and appoved Workflow - but quiet annoying with a While, even if it´s already automatized ;-)

What you describe above sounds quiet professional to me. You didn´t do that just to sample one Rhodes Piano, didn´t you?

And have you ever tried Cubase´s Slicing? It seems that your Script is working on a higher Level than Steinbergs!

Yeah, I did it just to sample my Rhodes, back in say 2006. But I've used it a lot since then to make samples of my digital pianos so I can use the sounds in a DAW without the keyboard present. I haven't used any other tools. And I forgot about this stuff -- hopefully I'll get to it sometime this week.

GRUMP wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:09 am ...
OK, I finally posted it. See my thread:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=553712

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”