I am done with Spitfire Audio’s Labs.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

very broken, and this is not me

I never liked the company. they won't get any money from me going forward, wasting all this time. I'm irritated because it broke with me doing nothing with it at all since I last repaired.

You delete the presets and patches folders, quit out/come back and repair all LABS.
this downloads but does not install, Now manually install something and it should fill the others in.
Last edited by jancivil on Thu May 06, 2021 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I appreciate that they built their own playback engine, so that you don't need any payware like Kontakt to play the free libraries, yet I don't understand why they cannot simply fix those issues with freshly installed, but missing libraries etcetera? Someone who can code such a library manager app should also be able to identify and fix bugs.

As far as I can remember I got their old Lab series Kontakt instruments (10 or stg) for 5£ (special offer once) and all of them are still working fine. When the new player was introduced I downloaded a few free ones and tried to install them..ka boom..errors started coming up etc (win8.1 x64)
Never could get it to work - gave up. I'm ok with the old stuff...works..All the years and they never updated the GUI ....so tiny everything is - I have no idea how serious musicians manage to use all their stuff..
The amount of libraries there is crazy - and I guess profits are too....
...I'm surprised Christian Henson hasn't got an electric spitfire to travel back & fourth between
London & Scotland...pollution wise I'd stay from spitfire audio faaaarrrr away.. :!:
- now having the The Colussus - 12oscillator "thing" - I wonder how many times it'll be used to
create a cool new-age cinematic spitfire audio trailer or a ` BBC tune`... :clap:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Well shame so many have experienced such issues :?

Ive been using Labs and BBC SO Discover for quite some time and never ran into problems. I really like their download manager too, but most importantly their sounds have added massive value to my humble setup and inspired me a lot. I love Soft Piano to bits, and the orchestra plugin is a great learning tool. Their youtube content is fantastic quality.

All in all I really like what Spitfire is doing and hope they can fix the tech side.

I finally got Spitfire Audio Labs running reliably on my Windows 10 Reaper DAW today. The problem I was seeing was that Reaper would crash every time I tried to remove an instance of Spotfire Audio from a track. I had tried multiple restarts on the PC but that had no effect.

To fix it I did the following:
- download and install the newest version of Spitfire Audio App: 3.2.20
- reset my computer (this step may not have been necessary)
- run the Spitfire Audio app and allow it to update each of the individual "instruments" I had previously downloaded.

I'm now able to have multiple tracks with Spitfire Audio and I can remove and re-add instances of the VST. I played with it for a couple of hours and no Reaper crashes.

I also thought I was the only one having these problems. I got tired of repairing this software every time I tried to use it. So I uninstalled it along with that free orchestral library they have. It's so weird how it continues to break for no apparent reason.

They should format them for Kontakt Player.

I do appreciate the free sounds though.

GusGranite wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:08 am They should format them for Kontakt Player.

It's not about the format. Their sample player is fine. What sucks is their library manager app that screws up installations all the time.

I've found it buggy, constant repairs and often losing the GUI altogether (reinstall needed). The free LABS are a nice collection of sounds but I'm a very flippant user, not committed to them, found alternatives easier enough (eg. claustrophobic(?) piano for Decent Sampler, works fine every time).

GusGranite wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:08 am They should format them for Kontakt Player.

Um, no. Player requires paying NI, so kind of missing the point as a free library. The old ones (some of which I have) were available for Kontakt for a small fee (which went to charity).

I have already suggested to them they need a 'repair all' button, as doing it a library at a time is painful.

I've never had problems. I use FL Studio not Live or Reaper though.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:21 amUm, no. Player requires paying NI, so kind of missing the point as a free library.
Still The Free Orchestra from ProjectSAM is, guess what, free. And works in Kontakt Player.

https://projectsam.com/libraries/the-free-orchestra/

Could be an agreement between NI and ProjectSAM though, since ProjectSAM has other paid libraries for Kontakt Player.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

thing is some of these are entirely unique-sounding, there is no easy replacement
trumpet fields, frozen strings...

I actually expected it to not be broken this time

No amount of “repairing” or reinstalling solved my crashing issues.

I don't get any crashing, just not being able to see all the libraries. Trying to repair one at a time currently, I can see why people would give up.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”