A VST sampler that samples?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

Serato is a popular one.

Bliss was already mentioned. VST sampling video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jdt3K6gLYs

Renoise Redux

Slicex and Simpler are my two favorites. The former in FL the latter in Live.

Want old-school sampling? 112db's Morgana can actually sample with samplink.

Will give a plus 1 for Renoise Redux.
Intel 12700H, 16gb 3700Mhz DDR4 RAM, 1TB Crucial PCIe4 NVME, Hiby FC3 DAC/AMP, Windows 11 22H2. DAW nomad.

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

pdxindy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:53 am
enroe wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:51 pm "A Vst-sampler that samples" - what should be the advantage?

Case 1: I bounce a section in the DAW as a wav file and drag
this file onto the sampler with the mouse. Voila - the sample is in
the sampler!

Case 2: I mark a section in the DAW and press the "sample"
button on the sampler. And yes: the sample is also in the sampler
this time.

But what is the difference between case 1 and case 2? Why not
just drag the wav files into the sampler and that's it? Isn't the
sampling function of software-VST-sampler completely superfluous? :?
Suppose you are creating a multi-sample, or a drum kit. You can automate the process. For example, Geist can sample and I can play multiple different hits one after the other and Geist saves them as individual samples and distributes them on the pads.

Some samplers can also resample themselves so no need to first record it to a track.
What software samplers can resample themselves?

I've read that FL DirectWave can "directly" sample VSTs but I don't know if it's like Bliss.

I recently needed to sample live with remote Midi control. For that purpose Voltage Modulars Sampler II module served me well. Hit record and immediately play the recorded sample on the keyboard… I’d call it mouseless sampling…

arkmabat wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:58 am I've read that FL DirectWave can "directly" sample VSTs but I don't know if it's like Bliss.
They have a common ancestor in that they were both originally developed by Arguru (that is the predecessor of Bliss, Highlife) and I think originally the Audio sampling/VST sampling functionality was similar but Highlife became Bliss and has been developed significantly since then by DiscoDSP.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

In addition to Redux, Renoise samples VSTs, as well. On sale (not by me) on the Sell & Buy forum here for 35 GBP. Plus, you get an inspiring DAW to boot.

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:10 pm
arkmabat wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:58 am I've read that FL DirectWave can "directly" sample VSTs but I don't know if it's like Bliss.
They have a common ancestor in that they were both originally developed by Arguru
Oh wow! Had no idea; thanks for sharing this.

Edit.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”