Worrying about using old samples and the legal ramifications...

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dunno, compose some shit for a change...

^^^ For who? For What? For why? Unless you pay off the lawyers nobody is listening, and they sure as hell ain't dancing anymore. edm killed music.

everyone IS tweaking around in their basements and bedrooms, because everyone owns the same shit, and making the same tracks. Now it seems they've found another of my favs. in another thread. unfortunate... i'll have to find something else...again.

Lay off the drugs…

Passing Bye wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:23 pm Lay off the drugs…
ive long ago come to the conclusion, dasher3po as i call him, is a bot, with a virus. meaning he's gone rogue now and randomly pops up on forums all over, saying the same words

and somewhere, they make sense

not here though.

elxsound wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:09 am The discussion is nice, but yeah... cringe worthy because it was like verbal vomit.

The end result is not bad. Interesting at least.
I don't think it was cringe worthy verbal vomit lol. Why is it that when someone chooses to speak their mind, in an elaborate way it's considered verbal vomit? Should I stick to two liners or a couple of sentences because that's the excepted norm on social media nowadays? 😒. The very reason i stopped posting on social media like Facebook etc. is because everyone is so f**king dumbed down, and it's why I chose forums.

And for the fella who wrote "compose for a change" I'm going to say, piss off 😆 90% of composed music out there today is generic, boring, and they all sound the same. Sampling offers a different landscape, and a better texture if you can flip it right. This is why, to me, Hip Hop will forever be the greatest genre. Especially Hip Hop that uses samples circa 50s - 80s. Imagination > composition.

Memsterrr wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:12 pm And for the fella who wrote "compose for a change" I'm going to say, piss off 😆 90% of composed music out there today is generic, boring, and they all sound the same. Sampling offers a different landscape, and a better texture if you can flip it right. This is why, to me, Hip Hop will forever be the greatest genre. Especially Hip Hop that uses samples circa 50s - 80s. Imagination > composition.
Sampling same shit from few decades ago is nothing new either, it's already being done to death, it's as generic as it gets, but whatever keeps your boats floating. Please don't do anything new, just repeat same shit all over again thousand times, imagination to the fullest :ud:

I like being a kissed out red floatboat
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:34 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:23 pm Lay off the drugs…
ive long ago come to the conclusion, dasher3po as i call him, is a bot, with a virus. meaning he's gone rogue now and randomly pops up on forums all over, saying the same words

and somewhere, they make sense
:lol:

sampling the shizzum outa this thread!!!

Boom bap iz not dead!

JeffLearman wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:12 pm
Personally, I applaud the the originators of music like hip-hop who used samples and turned the original clips into something completely different (even though I'm not a fan of that style of music myself.)  In some cases, IMHO, they went too far and copied musical sections without permission.  But in many others they just used sounds, embedded in a completely different landscape and dramatically altered.  in my mind, there's a fuzzy gray line.

I think that's about right. It's all about creativity, context, and intent. :tu:

:hihi: I'm a fan of Ivan

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”