Free 65 meg drumset soundfont!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pretty good sonfont(gasp!)

nice type of garage rock band sound

it has its use...every genre has its own drum sound ...this one is good for garagy 60ies rock
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

CypherOne wrote:teeksonicj
teksoonic
techsoonike
teksonicc
teszonik

f**k it, I give up...
:lol:

Thanks SyferWun
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Chugga Chugga wrote:Try this guys 'n' gals. Off my own webspace, it'll be up for a few days but i can't do it for much longer than that, depending on how many downloads I get... :wink:

livekit7_SF2.zip
Weird... I downloaded it from you and I've got a file 40,037,509 bytes long that doesn't appear to be a ZIP file to my unzipper...

Okay, I used jar (the Java archive tool) and it said:
Ick! 0x5c865bdd
but created a SF2 file 65,791,104 bytes long. I'll see if it loads into sfz. Yup -- all seems fine. It might be worth reZIPping the file, though.
Last edited by pljones on Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hmmm.. Win XP reads and unzips without complaint. I'll re-zip it though and upload again. It'll be online for the rest of the weekend. :wink:
Chugga says "Turn it up!!!"
For extra epointz - quote "ChuggaChugga" :D

That doesn't surprise me -- MS have a policy of not distressing the user with minor errors, whereas the 7z author would rather the user knew when something might be broken. Sun take the middle line, letting JAR complain without failing.

Can you confirm the uncompressed file size I got?

By the way, I ran a few tests:

Code: Select all

Compression
none    65,791,104
sfark   24,755,841
sfpack  24,763,821
7z sfx  30,091,218
bzip2   31,348,268
gzip    38,198,476
7z zip  38,497,271
I'd recommend BZip2 as the best freely-available cross-platform compression... (unless 7z's been ported).

Just checked this out with SFZ+.

Hmmm ... a really sweet kit. Mucho thanks to Jeff the SF creator and Chugga Chugga for hosting this rather large file.

I imported it into EXS24 for a squiz at the sample layout too - plenty of layers in there too.

Just listening to the various kit versions in the supplied SF I get the impression the mix of OVH hats and direct hats etc varies from kit to kit. Can you give any more info on what you have done with the various kits?

Regards,
Eg

I'll have the sfz mappings up "shortly" (hit a minor problem with cutoff frequency translation) and you'll be able to see the innards very easily.

(I'll post the working ones if I get through without fixing the problem above.)

I'll also be posting alternative mappings of the "full mix" kit.

Geoff: it's a very nicely made kit with a lot of effort clearly expended on it. Thank you! :-)

Just listening to the various kit versions in the supplied SF I get the impression the mix of OVH hats and direct hats etc varies from kit to kit. Can you give any more info on what you have done with the various kits?
Certainly.

There is a lot of power in the way you mix a drumset. I attempted to create "presets" in the soundfont so you would have a larger variety of drum sounds to choose from. Basically I adjust the mix between the overhead mics to the proximity mics. If you bias the mix towards the overhead mics, you get more of a live sound to it. Biasing the mix towards the proximity mics will give you a more 'close-up' presence to the sound.

I use the drumset for a large variety of music. For example, I like using 'Epic Kit' for those bigband funk kind of songs. I use 'Snappy Kit' for cheezy pop songs. 'Fusion Kit' is modelled after the sets used in Wayne Shorter and Mike Stern sort of songs. For 'Funk Kit', I attempted to imitate the old 70's vinyl kits, but I'm not too pleased with the snare sound. It'll take a bit more adjusting. And then, skipping down the list, 'Hip Kit' -- that's one of my favorites. It has a nice, deep tone to the snare, and I put a bit of attack on the hihat to make it sound like the drummer is hitting the hihat across the rim rather than on top with the tip of the drumstick.

Anyways, glad you like it.

This guitar soundfont is going to blow you out of the water. :)

pljones wrote:That doesn't surprise me -- MS have a policy of not distressing the user with minor errors, whereas the 7z author would rather the user knew when something might be broken. Sun take the middle line, letting JAR complain without failing.

Can you confirm the uncompressed file size I got?

By the way, I ran a few tests:

Code: Select all

Compression
none    65,791,104
sfark   24,755,841
sfpack  24,763,821
7z sfx  30,091,218
bzip2   31,348,268
gzip    38,198,476
7z zip  38,497,271
I'd recommend BZip2 as the best freely-available cross-platform compression... (unless 7z's been ported).
Uncompressed file size is 62.7mb (65,791,104 bytes).

I used WinRAR to extract it too and that didn't have problems either.. :? strange.. anyway, I have re-zippped it using XP's own method and am uploading it again now.. Bzip2 seemed a little esoteric for me. :oops:

Hey thanx...forgot i was registered at this site. :oops: I'll give it a try later today and let you know what i think.

peace! 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Okay, first cut of the sfz mappings is up.

(To save bumping: the alternate mapping is there now too.)
Last edited by pljones on Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

egbert wrote:Just checked this out with SFZ+.

Hmmm ... a really sweet kit. Mucho thanks to Jeff the SF creator and Chugga Chugga for hosting this rather large file.

Regards,
Eg
'Tis an honor to serve.. :oops:

Latest soundfont -- Thrash Blues Guitar!

http://www.sf2midi.com/index.php?page=sdet&id=6475

It's a pretty specialized sound, but I hope you'll find it useful.

Pukeweed wrote:ok, who registred the asdf/asdf account :D
Saved me the hassle of making a new one, I guess! :lol:
haha thanks for the tip- I always forget to check for things like that....

Here's a demo I made of all my soundfonts (though the bass guitar in the demo is the Sonic Implants Spector Slap Bass soundfont)

http://herculeaneffort.adventuredevelop ... ntdemo.mp3

Soundfonts used:

- Reggae Guitar (find it at sf2midi.com)

- Thrash Blues Guitar (find it at sf2midi.com)

- Sonic Implants Spector Slap Bass (buy it from sonicimplants.com)

- Live Kit 7 (find it at sf2midi.com)

- Ultimate Guitar Kit (temporary title, currently unavailable)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”