Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
jsp1979
KVRAF
 
2814 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Postby jsp1979; Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:46 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

mgw38 wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:
soundbylaura wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Output goes subscription, "buy now pay later":

https://output.com/blog/buy-now-pay-later-paypal-credit


I don't think it's a subscription plan, I think it's a credit-payment plan, like a credit card. Once you pay off the balance, you own it.


As best I can tell, they're simply letting you know you can click the paypal credit button.


It established a personal line of credit with a bank and comes with all associated advantages and disadvantages. Don't use that lightly. Needing a loan to buy software is generally a red flag for your purchasing behavior.


Yes, I agree. I'm was just pointing out that it is not a new plan by Output. They're just pointing you to a lender.
jsp1979
KVRAF
 
2814 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Postby jsp1979; Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:47 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

rockhopper wrote:
systmu wrote:YOLO!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm going to get that uvi falcon. Any suggestions on Which banks to get with my 2 free Falcon expansions? And does anyone know how long the $100 voucher is good for? Thanks


Based on mine:

As a special 'Thank you!' we're giving you a $100 / 100€ voucher good towards any sound library at uvi.net.
...
This voucher is non-transferrable and is valid for a single purchase within the next two months.


Pro tip: Use the $100 voucher while UVI has its Black Friday deals to maximize your value. :D
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
25907 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:50 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

mgw38 wrote:Don't use that lightly. Needing a loan to buy software is generally a red flag for your purchasing behavior.

But for most things in life we live on credit, buy a house, buy a car, we don't save up for it first, and then buy it.

For those wanting to make a living out of making/producing music, why should they have to save up for it first, before being able to get access to a tool?
User avatar
murnau
KVRAF
 
5573 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Arkham Asylum

Postby murnau; Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:16 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

mgw38 wrote:It established a personal line of credit with a bank and comes with all associated advantages and disadvantages. Don't use that lightly. Needing a loan to buy software is generally a red flag for your purchasing behavior.


Must be some poor pigs out there. I totally agree with your comment.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.
User avatar
Zombie Queen
KVRAF
 
4376 posts since 1 Aug, 2005, from Warszawa, Poland

Postby Zombie Queen; Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:37 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Numanoid wrote:we don't save up for it first, and then buy it

I do.
User avatar
thejonsolo
KVRAF
 
1894 posts since 13 Apr, 2008, from Charleston, SC

Postby thejonsolo; Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:10 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Voucher is good through mid December of this year.
dzilizzi
KVRian
 
780 posts since 20 Sep, 2013, from California

Postby dzilizzi; Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:22 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

soundbylaura wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Output goes subscription, "buy now pay later":

https://output.com/blog/buy-now-pay-later-paypal-credit


I don't think it's a subscription plan, I think it's a credit-payment plan, like a credit card. Once you pay off the balance, you own it.

This is not bad if you pay it off in 6 months. I've done this with Sweetwater. Yes I could pay it in full, but free credit is like a discount. I set up auto payments and don't worry that I'm going to mess it up. :wink:
User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
 
5584 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA

Postby ATS; Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:54 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

dzilizzi wrote:
soundbylaura wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Output goes subscription, "buy now pay later":

https://output.com/blog/buy-now-pay-later-paypal-credit


I don't think it's a subscription plan, I think it's a credit-payment plan, like a credit card. Once you pay off the balance, you own it.

This is not bad if you pay it off in 6 months. I've done this with Sweetwater. Yes I could pay it in full, but free credit is like a discount. I set up auto payments and don't worry that I'm going to mess it up. :wink:



yeah just make sure you pay it off within 6 months you all because ALL that interest from day 1 hits you all at once the day after 6 months.
Rockerpreneur
KVRer
 
29 posts since 15 Aug, 2017

Postby Rockerpreneur; Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:59 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Anyone knows does VSL usually have promos on Black Friday?
Ryan99
KVRian
 
528 posts since 29 Nov, 2011

Postby Ryan99; Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:19 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

ATS wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
soundbylaura wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Output goes subscription, "buy now pay later":

https://output.com/blog/buy-now-pay-later-paypal-credit


I don't think it's a subscription plan, I think it's a credit-payment plan, like a credit card. Once you pay off the balance, you own it.

This is not bad if you pay it off in 6 months. I've done this with Sweetwater. Yes I could pay it in full, but free credit is like a discount. I set up auto payments and don't worry that I'm going to mess it up. :wink:



yeah just make sure you pay it off within 6 months you all because ALL that interest from day 1 hits you all at once the day after 6 months.


US only.. no more news...
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
 
8607 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:34 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Zombie Queen wrote:
Numanoid wrote:we don't save up for it first, and then buy it

I do.


I do too. But I understand the societal norm these days is to get it [whatever the mind desires at any moment] now, deal with the consequences later. So I understand I'm a rarity.

Actually the fact that so many of these rent to own setups are occurring tells me this is more the norm than anything.. sadly.
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
 
5584 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA

Postby ATS; Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:42 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

VitaminD wrote:
Zombie Queen wrote:
Numanoid wrote:we don't save up for it first, and then buy it

I do.


I do too. But I understand the societal norm these days is to get it [whatever the mind desires at any moment] now, deal with the consequences later. So I understand I'm a rarity.

Actually the fact that so many of these rent to own setups are occurring tells me this is more the norm than anything.. sadly.


This sounds funny but honestly I think cell phones are to blame. Seems most pay for their phone and cell service together by the month. I think this is one of the first things people but in life so right away they are used to paying things over time.
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
 
8607 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:54 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

ATS wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
Zombie Queen wrote:
Numanoid wrote:we don't save up for it first, and then buy it

I do.


I do too. But I understand the societal norm these days is to get it [whatever the mind desires at any moment] now, deal with the consequences later. So I understand I'm a rarity.

Actually the fact that so many of these rent to own setups are occurring tells me this is more the norm than anything.. sadly.


This sounds funny but honestly I think cell phones are to blame. Seems most pay for their phone and cell service together by the month. I think this is one of the first things people but in life so right away they are used to paying things over time.


Maybe.. but I think it might go back further than that.. with the advent of credit cards (and easy to obtain credit).

Now you don't even have to have money to buy something.. you just pull out the plastic and voila you have it NOW. Which is fine, if you are capable and actually do pay off your balance before accruing interest fees. But it seems most people do not.. in some cases to the point that they have credit cards to pay off other credit cards. It snowballs.

People are generally just really bad at personal finance I've found.. I think largely because they don't actively teach this in public schools. And our instant, got-to-have-it generation today says you deserve it.. treat yourself.

Having this tied to a smartphone with online shopping just makes it even more dangerous. Don't even have to make the effort to get to a physical store these days. Which was somewhat of a barrier to some purchases..
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
25907 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:53 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Friday the 13th looks to be good this month, with the Plugin Alliance sale starting :pray:
User avatar
bharris22
KVRian
 
1337 posts since 2 Mar, 2010

Postby bharris22; Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:05 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

I noticed that there are a lot of people selling iZotope Music Production Bundle 2 over the past few days. Is there any particular reason why? In other words, if you purchase a new Ozone 8 license with an upgrade price, can you sell the underlying MPB 2? Or are people just tired of iZotope for some reason?

I have Ozone 4 and Alloy 2, and was thinking about upgrading to the MPB2, but if one of the new bundles is much better, maybe I will save for that instead. However, I tend to think I would be fine with MPB2 with the previous iterations of each program (i.e., Ozone 7, Neutron 1, etc.), given the price difference between MPB2 and the latest and greatest bundles.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)