Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Tappistry
KVRian

648 posts since 2 Aug, 2017, from San Diego, CA

Postby Tappistry; Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:13 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

bharris22 wrote:I noticed that there are a lot of people selling iZotope Music Production Bundle 2 over the past few days. Is there any particular reason why? In other words, if you purchase a new Ozone 8 license with an upgrade price, can you sell the underlying MPB 2? Or are people just tired of iZotope for some reason?

I have Ozone 4 and Alloy 2, and was thinking about upgrading to the MPB2, but if one of the new bundles is much better, maybe I will save for that instead. However, I tend to think I would be fine with MPB2 with the previous iterations of each program (i.e., Ozone 7, Neutron 1, etc.), given the price difference between MPB2 and the latest and greatest bundles.

There are more than a few folks who spent quite a bit on MPB2 just recently. My guess is folks are a bit miffed at the upgrade price (I’m one of those). Go read the O8N2 thread in the Effects sub forum.
rockhopper
KVRist

120 posts since 31 Oct, 2015

Postby rockhopper; Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:39 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Backsnack wrote:There are more than a few folks who spent quite a bit on MPB2 just recently. My guess is folks are a bit miffed at the upgrade price (I’m one of those). Go read the O8N2 thread in the Effects sub forum.

I'm one of those, and I contacted iZotope and got this reply:

Thanks for reaching out and for the feedback! Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 feature a wide variety of new features, including our state of the art Tonal Balance Control. However, we understand the concerns regarding the price of our products, and will be happy to pass along feedback to our product management team. We thank you for using iZotope products, and feel free to reach back out with further questions or feedback.

As I own the Music Production Bundle 2 and RX Advanced (plus a few more) I'd still have to pay $299 just to get Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 (as I have everything else in the bundle), So I'm also one of those who is considering selling my iZotope products.
lnikj
KVRAF

1730 posts since 23 May, 2005, from the North Cornwall coast

Postby lnikj; Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:44 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

rockhopper wrote:
Backsnack wrote:There are more than a few folks who spent quite a bit on MPB2 just recently. My guess is folks are a bit miffed at the upgrade price (I’m one of those). Go read the O8N2 thread in the Effects sub forum.

Thanks for reaching out and for the feedback! Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 feature a wide variety of new features, including our state of the art Tonal Balance Control. However, we understand the concerns regarding the price of our products, and will be happy to pass along feedback to our product management team. We thank you for using iZotope products, and feel free to reach back out with further questions or feedback.

As I own the Music Production Bundle 2 and RX Advanced (plus a few more) I'd still have to pay $299 just to get Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 (as I have everything else in the bundle), So I'm also one of those who is considering selling my iZotope products.

"Reach out" is one of their favourite phrases. The Bradbot used to use it all the time in communications about Iris. Can't stand it personally.

I own a lot of their products but they have changed for the worse as a company. I am still apoplectic about Iris becoming abandonware.

They'll never get another penny out of me; I'll make do with the versions I've got until they stop working.
rockhopper
KVRist

120 posts since 31 Oct, 2015

Postby rockhopper; Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:03 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

lnikj wrote:
rockhopper wrote:

As I own the Music Production Bundle 2 and RX 6 (plus a few more) I'd still have to pay $299 just to get Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 (as I have everything else in the bundle), So I'm also one of those who is considering selling my iZotope products.

"Reach out" is one of their favourite phrases. The Bradbot used to use it all the time in communications about Iris. Can't stand it personally.

I own a lot of their products but they have changed for the worse as a company. I am still apoplectic about Iris becoming abandonware.

They'll never get another penny out of me; I'll make do with the versions I've got until they stop working.
mgw38
KVRian

891 posts since 26 Jul, 2015, from Philadelphia

Postby mgw38; Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:58 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

I wouldn't read too much into it. There are a number of reasons why somebody might end up with a leftover MPB2 license after some cross-/upgrade. Miffed, yes. But would you actually sell it for a loss, just because you are miffed?
Ryan99
KVRian

528 posts since 29 Nov, 2011

Postby Ryan99; Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:03 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

vstbuzz wrote:VSTBuzz: 80% off “The Acoustic Samples Guitar Bundle” (VST/AU/AAX) - Normally €377 now €79!

More information at: http://vstbuzz.com/deals/80-off-acousti ... -vstauaax/

For the ecological buyers, here's a recycled deal from another dealer some time ago...
dzilizzi
KVRian

779 posts since 20 Sep, 2013, from California

Postby dzilizzi; Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:17 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

ATS wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
soundbylaura wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Output goes subscription, "buy now pay later":

https://output.com/blog/buy-now-pay-later-paypal-credit

I don't think it's a subscription plan, I think it's a credit-payment plan, like a credit card. Once you pay off the balance, you own it.

This is not bad if you pay it off in 6 months. I've done this with Sweetwater. Yes I could pay it in full, but free credit is like a discount. I set up auto payments and don't worry that I'm going to mess it up. :wink:

yeah just make sure you pay it off within 6 months you all because ALL that interest from day 1 hits you all at once the day after 6 months.

Yes, this is the important thing I learnt when I was young. It is easy to divide the total by six and make sure the payments are early. But you have to be on top of it. Nowadays it is pretty easy because you know right away how to access it to pay it off. When I was younger, you had to wait for the first bill to arrive to set up payments. If you missed it, you were SOL.

It is also a good way to set up a credit history, as you make payments but aren't hit with interest if you properly pay it.
mgw38
KVRian

891 posts since 26 Jul, 2015, from Philadelphia

Postby mgw38; Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:29 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Speaking of paying in installments. I think the MeldaProduction rent-to-buy program is pretty neat. They give you credit for the things you already have. Great plugins and the GUI really came around nicely.
Numanoid
KVRAF

25907 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:34 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

A possible follow up to that floppy based Kontakt lib: Sound Iron Cube, should make Dilbert happy, or anybody else digging office supplies :D

http://bit.ly/2yZyBUJ
jsp1979
KVRAF

2808 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Postby jsp1979; Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:36 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Ryan99 wrote:
vstbuzz wrote:VSTBuzz: 80% off “The Acoustic Samples Guitar Bundle” (VST/AU/AAX) - Normally €377 now €79!

For the ecological buyers, here's a recycled deal from another dealer some time ago...

This time it's a little cheaper, though. :wink:
Ryan99
KVRian

528 posts since 29 Nov, 2011

Postby Ryan99; Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:52 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

jsp1979 wrote:
Ryan99 wrote:

This time it's a little cheaper, though. :wink:

Yes, a big 6$ savings. It's usually cheaper when it's refurbished :D
Tappistry
KVRian

648 posts since 2 Aug, 2017, from San Diego, CA

Postby Tappistry; Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:20 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

mgw38 wrote:

I wouldn't read too much into it. There are a number of reasons why somebody might end up with a leftover MPB2 license after some cross-/upgrade. Miffed, yes. But would you actually sell it for a loss, just because you are miffed?

That's the not the only reason I'm attempting to sell mine. I just found some other tools that I like better and that I know won't be charging $300 every 6 months - year to upgrade. :)

At this point I'm only using one product in the bundle outside of the individual licenses that I have already: Nectar 2 PS and VocalSynth.
Fleer
KVRAF

3550 posts since 22 Aug, 2014, from Boston/Cambridge

Postby Fleer; Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:37 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

At those prices, I would definitely prefer a FabFilter bundle.
Best sound, best GUI, best upgrade policy.
bftucker
KVRian

1073 posts since 30 Apr, 2004, from Louisville, KY

Postby bftucker; Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:02 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

paterpeter wrote:FYI, I wanted to take advantage of the current Falcon deal and was looking for the best price....A great deal IMO!

Thanks for posting news of this additional discount available at AudioDeluxe. I passed on Falcon last winter and was "on the fence" this year. I had, after all, just bought Vintage Vault 2 (downloaded but not yet installed). The extra discount however knocked me off! Well, there goes the money budgeted for the fantastic November/December deals I know will soon be coming. Of course, maybe the $100 voucher and the release of U-he's Repro 5 will somewhat compensate for what I must forgo.
바보
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2553 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:28 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

mgw38 wrote:

+1
And I've never understood if anyone can think developer changing the pricing, if you write a letter to the support. Or do you expect getting a personal better price, "just for you", if you complain about the unfair pricing? This may be the case with companies such a IKM, I've noticed, but can't be a common practice.
Giving feedback is OK, and best feedback you give with your money, don't buy the company's product.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)

FEATURED
48% Off
SpeakerSpeaker Modelling
by AudioThing
  $19.00
Add A Review My KVR
Was $19.00; Save $9.25 until 30 Jun 2018!
Interview: Zach Carothers of Portugal. The Man
Advertisements