Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sqigls wrote:From the bargains thread...
Fleer wrote:Well, I would appreciate if that chat thread would pop up in my emails like a normally subscribed thread. It doesn’t. Time and again it decides to stay mute and hide. Not cricket.
https://youtu.be/uaU4V8JYdSs
LOL! Cassius Clay was a bad motherf**ker.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-R1h2Df3Nrc

soundbylaura wrote:
I also do not consider it a bargain because if I bought it even for $39 I'd be wasting my money. But I understand other people consider it a bargain.

Done with this.
This is what I was saying when I first made the comment that started this. I don't make music that uses these types of samples. I'd be better off putting my $39 towards the KH brass bundle.

dzilizzi wrote:I don't make music that uses these types of samples. I'd be better off putting my $39 towards the KH brass bundle.
That's cool, and I fully understand that Sample from Mars isn't for everyone. But I challenge anyone to go listen to a hits station or playlist and make a list of the songs that don't use a drum sample or a synth.

The point being there are many usable sounds in the collection. If you're already set, or doing something different, then more power to you.

Some pretty nice electronic drum samples from Samples from Mars. Getting some ideas to layer them with acoustic drums in Superior Drummer 3. :tu:

Also, I'm pretty sure I had one of the lo-fi old school keyboards they sampled when I was a kid. I think we sold it in a garage sale for some inconsequential amount of money many years ago. :lol:

They had their "All Drumsamples Bundle" for $29 in the past and i remember well that i thought: "Wow!! What a bargain!". Now seeing this "All Samples Bundle" for $39 i'm not so sure anymore i was right back then! :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Can anyone tell me what and when the best possible prices have been for these libraries so far:

1. Spitfire symphonic woodwinds

2. NI Symphony Series Percussion

Thank you!

I'm not sure about Spitfire, from what I've seen their discounts are pretty rare although no doubt someone else here could tell you more.

NI just did a BF sale. They'll likely have a New Year and Easter sale although the next major one should be their Summer of Sound in June.

axb312 wrote:Can anyone tell me what and when the best possible prices have been for these libraries so far:

1. Spitfire symphonic woodwinds

2. NI Symphony Series Percussion

Thank you!
If you are interested in something from Spitfire, put it on your wishlist with them. They sometimes have sales based on the wishlist. It usually isn't much though. Maybe 10% or something.

ghettosynth wrote: I'm not talking about "bad samples." This time of year there are plenty of free or almost free HIGH QUALITY samples and I already have gigabytes of samples that I haven't had a chance to use yet as well as terabytes of samples that I've had for years. So please don't presume that you know what kind of samples that I'm talking about. But, let's be clear, this is a matter of taste. I don't really care how you sample an 808 or a 909, I have great samples of those coming out of my ears. There's just only so much you can do to sample instruments like that and that's not what I'm looking for and that's what I meant. With synth samples, I don't use them at all unless there's something interesting going on and I don't mean that you've run them through some other "high quality studio gear."
My apologies, for some reason I was visualizing years worth of free Computer Music samples piling up in a corner, which was a mistake. But I do disagree on you about the quality of the 808/909s. Ableton's built in samples feel a bit drab, but the SFM samples are deep if you push them. Their MPC samples are really, really nice also, and I love the 909 Loops From Mars.

Maybe you don't want them, I completely understand, but I (and others) certainly hear a difference, especially at the more saturated end of things. If you HAVE to have an X0X, then I think you can't do better than Samples From Mars, but you can absolutely do worse.

On the other hand, I couldn't tell you the difference between a good orchestral sample and an ok one, so I guess it's ok for everyone to have an opinion :)

Just noticed Dimitry Sches' Diversion is 62% off at VST Buzz, does anyone know how much duplication there is between this and Thorn in terms of functionality? Always thought it a very good sounding synth but was thinking "no more synths" after Black Friday.

If you've got Diversion, and like it, get Thorn.
If you've got Thorn, and like it, Thorn it is.

ghettosynth wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
pixie.army wrote:Sounds From Mars is selling their entire catalog for $39 right now:

https://samplesfrommars.com/products/al ... -from-mars

Over $1000 worth of libraries for $40. Ridiculous deal - they make some awesome stuff, especially vintage synth / drum libraries.
The bargain hunter in me screams buy this now!!!!! The owner of way too much stuff that I don't use says "no more stuff you don't need" Bargain hunter is starting to win the fight. :lol:
Yeah. I turned it down and I sticking to that. The problem is that samples don't get used near as much as you think that they will, especially drum and synth samples. I've already downloaded multiple gigabytes of samples that were free almost free from multiple vendors this season, none of which I've yet to use.
Read your other posts. It does help if anyone thinks about making an impulse purchase like this. I have an endless supply of one shots that I can load up any time.

Plugin-Alliance Bassdude at 19$ is what I'd call a bargain. I love that plugin.. it's my favorite guitar amp from them so I couldn't resist coming here and recommending it.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Sample from Mars is a killer deal. I like them a lot because they haven’t been over processed which is a good thing unless you are an amateur who wants super loud, super processed stuff for you latest EDM banger.

I get the point about having too many samples which is why I trashed all my computer music freebies a while ago and only use stuff from Sample from Mars, Wave Alchemy and Raw Cutz now. For the weird and wonderful YouTube and Spotify are the only other libraries you’ll ever need if you spend some tim getting to know the countless audio restoration tools available.

bmanic wrote:Plugin-Alliance Bassdude at 19$ is what I'd call a bargain. I love that plugin.. it's my favorite guitar amp from them so I couldn't resist coming here and recommending it.
Thanks for the heads-up. I got their email, but hadn't checked it yet. I almost bought Bassdude at around half price not so long ago. I bought the limiter too, just for fun. Minus the December code I got both for $13. Nice and fun

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”