Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I feel the same way about Sandman Pro. I've got stacks of delays already but I really like the Unfiltered modulation setup. I spent my voucher on Fault already and picked up the Lindel pre-amp for $9 too so I'm gonna have to skip it for now. I really hope they relist everything after christmas and do some sort of extra cart voucher thing like they did a few months back though.

Do you guys think it is worth it to upgrade to Sampletank 3?
It is only $99 at the moment.

Examigan wrote:Do you guys think it is worth it to upgrade to Sampletank 3?
It's a big "it depends". What else have you got? What do you want out of it? The chances are you will be doubling up on sounds given ST3 is not all that flexible compared to the other sample players on the market now.

Couldn't resist the Vegas 14 Edit bundle, was already looking to get Movie Studio.

Anyone have any luck with the installation? It just unpacks and disappears into oblivion for me. I contacted support and they rightaway said they have server problems but I don't even see an interface.

Edit: It's working now.
Last edited by salvodaze on Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh and by the way ProjectSam's Christmas sales and (if any) goodies are probably coming later today. They already sort of confirmed there will be a Christmas sale again and just announced their website will have 2 updates within today.

Gamma-UT wrote:
Examigan wrote:Do you guys think it is worth it to upgrade to Sampletank 3?
It's a big "it depends". What else have you got? What do you want out of it? The chances are you will be doubling up on sounds given ST3 is not all that flexible compared to the other sample players on the market now.
I have a lot of plugins already. I guess it is just GAS...but the new interface looks nice from what I have seen online. I don’t have Kontakt, but I have many UVI plugins including Falcon, plus AIR’s Structure and a few others sample-oriented plugins. Most of the plugins I have are regular “synth” types of plugins versus the sample playing variety.

ATN69 wrote:
Also wanna take a chance to mention that Plugin Alliance finally have the delay "Sandman Pro" for sale today, and tomorrow if I remember correctly. It's $29 and I had a $25 voucer so I got it for $4. Nice deal! did I need another delay? Not really, but it was too good to pass :P
So you don´t pay any VAT in your country? Lucy you.
In addition, I think that the present Sandman owners should get the upgrade Sandman Pro cheaper than those who do not own the Sandman. This is not the case, its $ 29 + VAT = about $ 36 for the present Sandman owners. But who cares, I just commented the "sale", once you mentioned it.

Examigan wrote:I have a lot of plugins already. I guess it is just GAS...but the new interface looks nice from what I have seen online. I don’t have Kontakt, but I have many UVI plugins including Falcon, plus AIR’s Structure and a few others sample-oriented plugins. Most of the plugins I have are regular “synth” types of plugins versus the sample playing variety.
The interface is nicer than the old one but it's not really all that much different structurally. You've still got a number of "why IK? Why do you do this to yourself? You spent all that money on good samples, why saddle them with this?" design decisions. I don't mean graphically, just how it works. You've got things like macro knobs you can't change and remarkably limited sound-design options that aren't much more flexible than what you get in a lot of UVI Workstation libraries (and not a patch on Falcon). Bizarrely, it only just got aftertouch support.

But. The built-in effects are very good though things like sympathetic string resonance for the pianos do give older CPUs a thorough kicking. The core samples are reasonably strong - though you are faced with the question of "Is it $99 stronger than the Structure factory library?". It works nicely as a multitimbral module or for setting up keyboard splits for live use or jamming, and is quick and easy to use. So a lot hinges on whether you lean more to production or to instrumentalist.

Sampletank used to be a great way to "get to the sound" in the least possible clicks. ST3 is still accessible, but there is a layer of complexity added on with all the new features. But then again, the new stuff is pretty cool. Real editable drum kits in every flavor with built in MIDI loops. In fact, MIDI loops for a bunch of different instruments (bass probably being the most useful). New FX and routing options. And, of course, some great new sampled instruments with no memory limitations as in past versions.

The addon sample instruments (Accoustic Guitar is my favorite) are pretty good too, but the included library has some real gems, as well as surprises. Great patches in every category, as well as a very nice set of pianos.

Even if you already own a bunch of stuff, for $99 it's a very nice addition to your arsenal. [If you collect drum vsti's like I do, it's worth it just for that. Tons of kit and rhythmic possibilities in a very nice package.]

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

pheeleep wrote:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product ... igner.html

Quote: “Have you noticed that you even get the SPL "TRANSIENT DESIGNER" as a second EXTRA plugin (the original Analog Code TD version!) with the DXC installer? It will be in your plugin list after installing the DXC automatically!”
Doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Anyway, Drumxchanger, in a sense is two Transient Designers bundled...

A word to the wise on that Humble Bundle deal: a while back (years) Magix changed the terms of their EULA on the SoundPools such that they can't be used in commercial productions.

Don't know if it's that way now but if you do end up picking up the bundle, check the EULA on the SoundPool.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Harry_HH wrote:
ATN69 wrote:
Also wanna take a chance to mention that Plugin Alliance finally have the delay "Sandman Pro" for sale today, and tomorrow if I remember correctly. It's $29 and I had a $25 voucer so I got it for $4. Nice deal! did I need another delay? Not really, but it was too good to pass :P
So you don´t pay any VAT in your country? Lucy you.
In addition, I think that the present Sandman owners should get the upgrade Sandman Pro cheaper than those who do not own the Sandman. This is not the case, its $ 29 + VAT = about $ 36 for the present Sandman owners. But who cares, I just commented the "sale", once you mentioned it.
Yeah, there is no VAT here so I am quite lucky in that way. I had some cases where I was charged VAT even if I should not pay VAT, and I heard all kind of explanations to why.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

soundbylaura wrote:A word to the wise on that Humble Bundle deal: a while back (years) Magix changed the terms of their EULA on the SoundPools such that they can't be used in commercial productions.

Don't know if it's that way now but if you do end up picking up the bundle, check the EULA on the SoundPool.
Good point, especially for a pack so obviously soundtrack-themed. From the blurb from "Stranger Synths":

All audio files are available in lossless WAV format (16 bit/ 44.1 kHz/ Stereo) and can be used without a license for non-commercial
purposes.
Pro licenses for Soundpools can be found at catooh.com.

I say pass on ST3. I had it and sold it. The upgrade was not worth the years of waiting for it.

Harry_HH wrote:So you don´t pay any VAT in your country? Lucy you.
Apparently, they don't charge VAT if you buy it straight from the Unfiltered Audio website.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”