Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: If you can't explicitly narrow down what you've interpreted from that statement, then the statement is not as explicitly stated as you have chosen it to be.
Huh?
The only thing guaranteed and as stated by others previously is that your previous purchase guarantees you to receive the lowest price. End of story.

The moment you start focusing on smaller portions of that statement is the same moment you've taken things out of context.
I'm not focusing on "smaller portions of the statement." It's a sentence FFS, and one that makes a statement about the future. It's english and states quite clearly that the offer in the present is the best offer that you will "ever" receive, which is a statement about future offers, in particular, that they will not be better.

I don't what you're rambling on about. That's a natural and reasonable interpretation of that sentence. The only reason I quoted the verb was to point out that it is explicitly future tense. Had they said "our best offer ever for you for the new V6 is" then the tense would be ambiguous and could be freely interpreted to mean "to date."

Personally, I think that it's just frenchman writing english, i.e., poorly, and they will certainly offer a lower price in the future, however, I don't believe that my reading is particularly alien and you can be sure that people who purchased at the higher price are going to vent about it here.

ghettosynth wrote:
elxsound wrote: If you can't explicitly narrow down what you've interpreted from that statement, then the statement is not as explicitly stated as you have chosen it to be.
Huh?
The only thing guaranteed and as stated by others previously is that your previous purchase guarantees you to receive the lowest price. End of story.

The moment you start focusing on smaller portions of that statement is the same moment you've taken things out of context.
I'm not focusing on "smaller portions of the statement." It's a sentence FFS, and one that makes a statement about the future. It's english and states quite clearly that the offer in the present is the best offer that you will "ever" receive, which is a statement about future offers, in particular, that they will not be better.

I don't what you're rambling on about. That's a natural and reasonable interpretation of that sentence. The only reason I quoted the verb was to point out that it is explicitly future tense. Had they said "our best offer ever for you for the new V6 is" then the tense would be ambiguous and could be freely interpreted to mean "to date."

Personally, I think that it's just frenchman writing english, i.e., poorly, and they will certainly offer a lower price in the future, however, I don't believe that my reading is particularly alien and you can be sure that people who purchased at the higher price are going to vent about it here.
Wow.

You are choosing to interpret it as the current offer being the best offer.

BUT, the sentence can also be interpreted as indicating that you will always receive the best offer because you own a previous version.

There's nothing poorly written about the sentence especially if it is purposely written as a vague statement for marketing purposes.

Fleer wrote:Here we go again ;)
Woohoo! :party:

Anyone else having a hard time getting ahold of PluginBoutique lately? I submitted an EDU discount request and they haven't responded for days.

Gonna have to wake up really early to get them on live chat, since I'm on the west coast and they're in the UK. (They also seem to conveniently shut down their chat even before 5:30 their time.)

elxsound wrote: You are choosing to interpret it as the current offer being the best offer.
I'm not "choosing" anything, I am expressing what I think is the reasonable interpretation that most people who are concerned are applying to this. I'm really not sure why you're overreacting TBH.
Your previous version entitle you to the best offer you will ever receive.
The misspelled "entitle" is as sent. So, yes, there is at least one thing poorly written about this sentence. However, it is an oddly/poorly constructed sentence if it does not refer to future offers. Your interpretation is generous with respect to English grammar, that isn't what those words mean.

ghettosynth wrote:
elxsound wrote: You are choosing to interpret it as the current offer being the best offer.
I'm not "choosing" anything, I am expressing what I think is the reasonable interpretation that most people who are concerned are applying to this. I'm really not sure why you're overreacting TBH.
The misspelled "entitle" is as sent. So, yes, there is at least one thing poorly written about this sentence. However, it is an oddly/poorly constructed sentence if it does not refer to future offers. Your interpretation is generous with respect to English grammar, that isn't what those words mean.
Expressing what you think... followed by stating what I wrote is not what those words mean. Hmmm....

There is no overreacting just headache. Just headache. If you don't see it, I can't help you. No one can. It just can't be done, ever. Really, nobody can help you, but of course you wouldn't be seeking help here either so these words must just seem oddly and poorly constructed.

elxsound wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Expressing what you think... followed by stating what I wrote is not what those words mean. Hmmm....
You aren't following the entire conversation, I suggest that you go back a few pages. Those words don't mean what you claim, however, I do think that is what Arturia is trying to imply, through a poorly constructed sentence.
There is no overreacting just headache. Just headache.
If this is giving you a headache, then don't respond, it's not difficult.
If you don't see it, I can't help you. No one can. It just can't be done, ever.
Really, nobody can help you, but of course you wouldn't be seeking help here either so these words must just seem oddly and poorly constructed.
LOL! WTF gave you the idea that "I" was seeking help? You seem to be confused, again, I'd suggest reading more and talking less.

mementus wrote:Hi guys,

do you know when there will be another SoundToys Sale, please?
They seem to have them a few times a year. Last year their spring sale was in April and that was the first sale following their Holiday sale in December.

On Edit: (Sorry, I thought the sale extended into January, but it ended on the 31st of December)

ghettosynth wrote:
elxsound wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
You aren't following the entire conversation, I suggest that you go back a few pages. Those words don't mean what you claim, however, I do think that is what Arturia is trying to imply, through a poorly constructed sentence.
There is no overreacting just headache. Just headache.
If this is giving you a headache, then don't respond, it's not difficult.
If you don't see it, I can't help you. No one can. It just can't be done, ever.
Really, nobody can help you, but of course you wouldn't be seeking help here either so these words must just seem oddly and poorly constructed.
LOL! WTF gave you the idea that "I" was seeking help? You seem to be confused, again, I'd suggest reading more and talking less.
I'm not the one confused.

But there's a place for you when you need it.

I'm predicting the Arturia V collection upgrade will be around $99 this summer. It's no problem, I can wait. And if not, well hey, I have better ways to spend $199, as (IMO) Arturia isn't at the forefront of virtual synth technology.
A well-behaved signature.

Final upgrade price for v4 was $69. Even crossgrade. That'll be my call.

It will be on VSTBuzz in two years for $39.99

Deal :tu:

JerGoertz wrote:I'm predicting the Arturia V collection upgrade will be around $99 this summer.
That fits their past pattern. I never saw the $69 deal so I suspect that only popped up once at the very end. Fleer, did they send an email for that?
It's no problem, I can wait. And if not, well hey, I have better ways to spend $199, as (IMO) Arturia isn't at the forefront of virtual synth technology.
Or, or writing ad copy either, it seems.

It was a coupon offering the full v4 at $69 to everyone with a few Arturia products. Even hardware and iOS apps counted. Didn't have any of the Collection instruments myself, but they allowed me to crossgrade from an iOS app, Spark Dubstep (I got for $1) and Minilab. Date was January 6, 2016.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”