Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got Xenon for $23 directly from PSP with my discount, make sure not to use paypal there as they will
rob you for $2-3, and yes its definitely paypal doing that rather than Digital River.

-Cheers

Yes, I'm sorely tempted by the Xenon promotion.
But I already have Elevate, Elephant, bx_XL V2, Limiter6 GE and Barricade v3 :0
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

How is this compared to waves l2 ?

Matthewrymarz wrote:How does it xenon compare to ozone?
Yeah, looks like a bargain but if I already have something comparable, it's not quite the bargain it looks.

Is this needed if one owns FabFilter L1 or L2?

dandezebra wrote:Is this needed if one owns FabFilter L1 or L2?
Needed is such a relative term. Fabfilter L2 is from December, Xenon is almost 10 years old. I have Fabfilter L2 which I use in pretty much any limiting situation. Still picked up Xenon. It has a really loyal following it seems, and at 25-ish bucks there is not much that can go wrong. :wink:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

ATS wrote:
rifftrax wrote:Unreal that Xenon is $30. Possibly the only limiter besides Sony's Oxford that can compete with Elephant.

I have tons of limiters and Xenon is the only one I use.
How is Xenon compared to IK Stealth Limiter?

I see Melda are doing MXXXcore at 50% off (so €50) - just a reminder for anyone who doesn't realise that you can do some powerful stuff even with just the core version.

You can use multiple instances of the modules, the crazy extensive modulation, and its baked in multi-band structure to build interesting delays using core's "delay tap" module, and build powerful mono-synths by combining multiple oscillator modules (like mpowersynth this does additive too) and extensive range of filter types - you even get a decent arp to play it with even in just the core version.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:I see Melda are doing MXXXcore at 50% off (so €50) - just a reminder for anyone who doesn't realise that you can do some powerful stuff even with just the core version.

You can use multiple instances of the modules, the crazy extensive modulation, and its baked in multi-band structure to build interesting delays using core's "delay tap" module, and build powerful mono-synths by combining multiple oscillator modules (like mpowersynth this does additive too) and extensive range of filter types - you even get a decent arp to play it with even in just the core version.
Are there presets for the MXXXcore version, too, or are the preset just for full version only.

Harry_HH wrote:
OneOfManyPauls wrote:I see Melda are doing MXXXcore at 50% off (so €50) - just a reminder for anyone who doesn't realise that you can do some powerful stuff even with just the core version.

Are there presets for the MXXXcore version, too, or are the preset just for full version only.
You get the same presets as the full - but if the preset uses modules that aren't part of core they do the same "added noise" thing that you get if you demo normal (non mxxx) melda plugins. That means pretty much all of them do that - but once you wrap your head around how to build stuff in mxxx it's pretty easy to make these things.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:

You get the same presets as the full - but if the preset uses modules that aren't part of core they do the same "added noise" thing that you get if you demo normal (non mxxx) melda plugins. That means pretty much all of them do that - but once you wrap your head around how to build stuff in mxxx it's pretty easy to make these things.
But isn´t that the case with all the plugins: once your wrap your head around how to build stuff, it will be easy etc. The presets are there to make your life easier and to give you a starting point.
The problem with this kind of "organic" plugings, where you can add modules, is that the preset system should be intelligent, taking the organic nature in to consideration. How to do that, there may be several alternatives.

Sure, but you need the components and structure there to be able to build it - and there's the level of commitment necessary to get to the end result.

The learning curve for mxxx isn't that steep compared to something like reaktor, so I guess I should have said: "it's pretty easy to wrap your head around how to build stuff in mxxx"

But yeah, melda could have done a lot more to showcase what mxxxcore can do "as is", rather than using it as a sales tool for additional elements.

Well, said, your last sentence.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:Sure, but you need the components and structure there to be able to build it - and there's the level of commitment necessary to get to the end result.

The learning curve for mxxx isn't that steep compared to something like reaktor, so I guess I should have said: "it's pretty easy to wrap your head around how to build stuff in mxxx"

But yeah, melda could have done a lot more to showcase what mxxxcore can do "as is", rather than using it as a sales tool for additional elements.
I went ahead and grabbed it to play with it, since someone else was kind enough to post a referral code here for an additional discount.

I agree that Melda could do more to MXXCore more of a separate product, because at first glance, it just seems to be overshadowed by its big brother when you start going through the presets. "You need this, this, and this module for this preset" over and over again is annoying.

To save time if you want to build a synth, here's a very quick overview of how to get something up and running (just an osc and an envelope controlled filter):
empty preset > click EDIT > add oscillator > add filter below it
click midi button (bottom right) > notes > enable > double click param 1 > band 1 > oscillator 1 > frequency
in modulators section > click box in MOD 1 to turn on > click where it says MOD 1 to open it > ENVELOPE > Mode=Midi > tick and double click param 1 > band 1 > filter 1 > min frequency > (make sure range mode=full range) > edit the envelope parameters attack/decay etc
arp is bottom left of the meters and subsystems section

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”