Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Max369 wrote:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Incredible Deal!

New Bundle at Humble Bundle

1. Samplitude Pro X2 Silver
MSRP: $299

2. SOUND FORGE Pro 11
MSRP: $399.95

3. ACID Pro 7
MSRP: $149

4. MAGIX Video Sound Cleaning Lab
MSRP: $49.99

5. ACID Music Studio 10
MSRP: $59.95

6. SOUND FORGE
Audio Studio 10
MSRP: $59.99

7. MP3 Deluxe 19
MSRP: $49.99

8. Music Maker EDM Edition
MSRP: $29.99

9. Soundpool: Deeper Shades of House
MSRP: $19.99

TOTAL: US $30

https://goo.gl/rYJYq2
:harp: :hail:

shonky wrote:
Astralp wrote:
shonky wrote:Noticed the Humble Bundle deal being mentioned here and had a look. Only really interested in Sound Forge Pro, having used a predecessor many years ago as a sample editor for my EMU E4K and later the emagic PC version of Logic. Does this really add much that I can't already do with Ableton 10 or any other DAW as it seems that audio editing within programs has evolved considerably since my Logic days and was wondering if this adds any additional utility to what I already own?
I'm biased because I've used SF for a long long time and it's the most important tool for what I do, but nothing I've used comes near to the workflow of SF for me but that's maybe more because it's ingrained. In terms of unique features, it has a built in scripting engine where you can make your own scripts if you have a little programming experience it's fairly easy to adapt existing scripts. This alone has saved me many hours when making changes to huge amounts of files with repetitive tasks, you can make your script process a folder.

I use SF most days, it's indispensable in my life, and whilst Wavelab is much nicer on the eye, more modern etc... the workflow doesn't do it for me at all, although I do use it for some tasks when necessary. $30 is an absolutely crazy price for SF, give the demo a try. So there you go that's my take on it.
Thanks for the reply (and the current group buy :) ). Don't really have any scripting knowledge and had forgotten about batch processing which could potentially be very helpful but the question I asked was what would it add outside of scripting and batch processing that I couldn't get from Ableton. I remember using acoustic mirror quite often but now I could do what that does with most convolution vsts so unsure as to what additional value I'd get from SF.
Sorry I don't use Ableton so couldn't help with that, but yes there is also the Batch Processor built in that doesn't need any scripting. I haven't used Acoustic Mirror for years, in fact I'd forgotten about it..

Finally, the Maag EQ 4 on sale when I have my coupon. I don't even know why I want it, I just have the EQ2 and hate not having the complete set. It's a sickness of the mind.

Anyone have any thoughts on the EQ 4? I already pulled the trigger, but it's good to hear what other people think the best uses it has.

dangayle wrote:Finally, the Maag EQ 4 on sale when I have my coupon. I don't even know why I want it, I just have the EQ2 and hate not having the complete set. It's a sickness of the mind.

Anyone have any thoughts on the EQ 4? I already pulled the trigger, but it's good to hear what other people think the best uses it has.
I use it quite frequently on the master chain. Primarily for giving the track some air. I like it for its simplicity. The Maag EQ4 and the Fabfilter Pro-Q are the only two non-stock EQs I use.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Yet Maag EQ2 has that extra Air band ;)

I ended up going for the Audioplugin.deals Ueberschall bundle last minute. If you are on the fence on that like I was, give it another look. This is an outstanding collection. I always liked the Elastik player but having some sound meat to go with it opens up a completely new dimension.

Fleer wrote:Yet Maag EQ2 has that extra Air band ;)
Yup, but the extra bands in the Maag EQ4 usually come in handy for some little extra tweaking so I never reach for the EQ2.

mgw38 wrote:I ended up going for the Audioplugin.deals Ueberschall bundle last minute. If you are on the fence on that like I was, give it another look. This is an outstanding collection. I always liked the Elastik player but having some sound meat to go with it opens up a completely new dimension.
+1
Creativity unbound :tu:

Side note: Acid Pro 7 is really a lot of fun, I bought it recently during the valentines day sale
to qualify for the free upgrade to version 8. Great sketch pad if nothing else.

Computer Music is on sale for 30% off on Zinio.

Just remember after you buy it to go back and change the continuous service or it will charge you regular price next year to update your subscription. Zinio is great, if you have a subscription, they will just add the new one to the old. Pocketmag which does Music Tech, will give you 2 subscriptions. :dog:

Hey, does anyone know if Acid Studio r Acid Pro 7 will let you make acidized loops? Because that might be worth it. Otherwise, I already have SoundForge Pro 11, Samplitude Pro X3 and SpectraLayers Pro 4 from that bundle from Magix. Though if it allows the Sound Forge upgrade, $30 might be worth it.....
Last edited by dzilizzi on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dzilizzi wrote:
Hey, does anyone know if Acid Studio r Acid Pro 7 will let you make acidized loops? Because that might be worth it.
Yes, absolutely, you can in Acid Pro 7 (easily), probably the studio as well (dunno).

pekbro wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
Hey, does anyone know if Acid Studio r Acid Pro 7 will let you make acidized loops? Because that might be worth it.
Yes, absolutely, you can in Acid Pro 7 (easily), probably the studio as well (dunno).
Thanks! Acid loops are great to work with - similar to rex loops. So if I can make my own, that is great. :tu:

pekbro wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
Also Soundforge can creare ACID loops
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
pekbro wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
Also Soundforge can creare ACID loops
Thanks! I was looking into how to do it and found that Soundforge does them as well. But according to the Magix forum, not as easily as Acid does.

mgw38 wrote:I ended up going for the Audioplugin.deals Ueberschall bundle last minute. If you are on the fence on that like I was, give it another look. This is an outstanding collection. I always liked the Elastik player but having some sound meat to go with it opens up a completely new dimension.
I agree with you. I also got the Ueberschall bundle and it's really great. Lots of sounds and I'm having fun with it.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”