Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sheesh! These sales make things more difficult, don’t they?
counterparty wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:So, one should wait....either ReVoice upgrade with ARA, or Melodyne 5, with a better quality pitch correction. :party:
I own Melodyne 3 editor and plugin, never upgraded to the Melodyne 4, because the core of the software, quality of the vocal pitch correction was not improved at all.
I could upgrade my Melodyne 3 to 4, just because of the ARA and versatile polyfonic editing, but as we can see in the above sales price chart, you pay the same money of upgrading the earlier versions (Studio 1 etc.). I think the upgrade price 3->4 should be lower than that, e.g. $ 69. With the JRR discount, that would be lucrative.
I´m afraid that when the Melodyne 5 comes (soon?), the upgrade price for the ver. 4 owners are the same as for the earlier version, as here in this case.
I think that Melodyne 5 will come soon too - they tend to do these big sales so that they can get as many people as possible to give them as much as possible for the old version and get them on the upgrade train :party:

I have songs that I'm working on at the moment that Studio could be useful for - currently I'm using Waves Tune (which is like keyhole surgery wearing oven gloves). I'm tempted to get Studio 4 now and upgrade to 5 when it comes out rather than waiting for a sale on 5 or a Revoice sale. Probably not the best value for money, but... :borg: :phones: :party:

Anyway, thanks for your comments.

Harry_HH wrote:
Fleer wrote:I guess Apple is eying Melodyne.
Here’s hoping Studio will be part of Logic Pro.
That would fit. Celemony sell first the Melodyne on sale to all pc-users, and then sells the whole company (product) to the Apple, which will finnish the pc version development and kill it.
Exactly same as the Emagic did with the Logic, years back, when they showed the middle finger to their loayl clients, which helped to build up the company 1990 onwards.
Business is business, and Moses is Moses. :party: :evil: :scared:
Hm… Sounds like Celemony does sales on a semi-regular basis. At least, there was a very similar sale six months ago (from Black Friday to New Year’s Eve).

But the timing is somewhat interesting as it’s not really linked to any particular event. They announced ARA 2 at NAMM 2018, so they’re likely to release an update.
https://rekkerd.org/celemony-announces- ... -in-logic/

What if Celemony were in fact prepping for Melodyne 5? The upgrade from 4 to 5 is likely to negate the advantage of this sale. Kind of a “bait and switch” strategy (which sounds like something inMusic Brands would do).
But the situation is quite different if Apple were to buy Celemony (no idea how likely that is, but it’s an intriguing thought). Apple takes a while to integrate these acquisitions in their products (CamelPhat and CamelSpace only came to LPX a few months ago, though Alchemy has been part of LPX and MainStage for a while). Before Apple releases updates, the sales of the original products stop abruptly (as when Camel Audio stopped selling its plugins). So, if Apple were to buy Celemony, there might be value in having a cross-platform version of Melodyne before that happens.
Of course, there’s no way to tell if such an question might happen.

Got Melodyne Essential bundled with Tracktion Waveform (which, itself, was bundled with the ROLI Lightpad Block). Haven’t used it much, but the monophonic recognition is quite impressive. Not that interested in pitch correction per se but, as an ethnomusicologist, very interested in high quality transcription. Also, something really fun is to convert some sampled loops of acoustic instruments to synth versions.
After playing with Melodyne Essential, bought Waves Tune (as part of the Vocal bundle). Unlike Melodyne Essential, it allows for MIDI Export, which is my main use case. The whole system is quite clunky (agreed with the oven mitt analogy). And, of course, neither Waves Tune nor Melodyne Essential does polyphony.
After getting the Apple Pro Apps bundle for Education (200USD, including Final Cut Pro X…), did some experiments with Flex Pitch in LPX. Much more seamless than using the Waves plugin, obviously. The pitch-tracking algorithm is pretty decent but not as good as Melodyne’s.

So, at this point, really not sure what to do. No intention of getting Studio, but Editor does sound pretty good. The three key features, in my case, are: polyphony, audio-to-MIDI, and “scale detective”. Still, 150USD is a big chunk of change for something which may only get limited use. At least, it’s not an impulse buy for me.

Decisions, decisions…

Harry_HH wrote:
That would fit. Celemony sell first the Melodyne on sale to all pc-users, and then sells the whole company (product) to the Apple, which will finnish the pc version development and kill it.
Exactly same as the Emagic did with the Logic, years back, when they showed the middle finger to their loayl clients, which helped to build up the company 1990 onwards.
Business is business, and Moses is Moses. :party: :evil: :scared:
That would be pretty lame if Apple did that. I did some Googling and didn’t see any sort of article about this rumor?

I have Melodyne Essential for now. Turns out Melodyne version 4 is 2 years old now. Thinking about picking up Editor at some point, but it might be best to wait until version 5 comes out if the upgrade pricing is the same across versions.

The sale of Melodyne could be related to the release of Studio One 4 next week, since Studio One 3 has ARA integration.

Noticed Eventide's Physion going for $49 at Audiodeluxe for their Imsta Festa sale. Melda's multiband plugs all seem to be able to do this transient/tonal split - does Physion add anything much to the idea that makes it worth getting?

For those who mentioned using a download manager for getting KHDSO, which downloader did you use? DownThemAll is no longer working... And doing it manually is so f*cking tedious..

iZotope released a new video for VocalSynth 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPngUQwS ... e=youtu.be

ErBen wrote:For those who mentioned using a download manager for getting KHDSO, which downloader did you use? DownThemAll is no longer working... And doing it manually is so f*cking tedious..
I just manually did them in Firefox. The server supports multiple active downloads, so it wasn't so bad.
A well-behaved signature.

counterparty wrote:Thanks - it helps to hear from people who have experience of both. I saw that shootout (if it is this one), and the results were fairly mixed - the difference between the highest and lowest rated was 10%.
I agree with your assessment. Even though I think ReVoice sounds better, it’s not nearly enough of a difference to make me switch from Melodyne. Melodyne with ARA is a revelation!

Enkerli wrote:So, at this point, really not sure what to do. No intention of getting Studio, but Editor does sound pretty good. The three key features, in my case, are: polyphony, audio-to-MIDI, and “scale detective”. Still, 150USD is a big chunk of change for something which may only get limited use. At least, it’s not an impulse buy for me.
Yes, Editor is the one to get for ARA. Studio is compatible but does not provide anything extra in ARA, AFAIK.

ErBen wrote:For those who mentioned using a download manager for getting KHDSO, which downloader did you use? DownThemAll is no longer working... And doing it manually is so f*cking tedious..
I think I used DownThemAll but I needed to fiddle around a bit to get it collect the links correctly.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Obviously the only reason for the sale is that the awaited ARA2 is coming. The update will be free ( tho
I don't know the details: Grace period etc.) Anyway, it's developed with partners like Presonus in the background so i guess you'll have to keep dreaming. :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
Obviously the only reason for the sale is that the awaited ARA2 is coming. The update will be free ( tho
I don't know the details: Grace period etc.) Anyway, it's developed with partners like Presonus in the background so i guess you'll have to keep dreaming. :hihi:
Depends what you are dreaming.
But we can continue, in any case...

P.s. ARA2 for the Live approaches mine, in this connection, but as mentioned in this thread, that's in vain... :evil:

Harry_HH wrote:
murnau wrote:
Depends what you are dreaming.
But we can continue, in any case...

P.s. ARA2 for the Live approaches mine, in this connection, but as mentioned in this thread, that's in vain... :evil:
He? Please in English again: I don't have a clue what you trying to say. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Dear Plug-in developers,
Enough with the monsters, gender-benders and vocoders. What I really need is something to transform my awful nasal & lispy voice into a professional pop singer's voice. Is that too much to ask for? :p

Has anyone compared Melodyne Editor/Studio to Isola Pro FX?

e@rs wrote:Tempted by the PB BigKick sale in the KVR Marketplace. Never bought anything from there; do they offer the option to pay with PayPal?
Also check out this Explorer 4 deal if you own 3 Rob Papen plugins as you get a lot of plug-ins for the money. https://www.timespace.com/products/rob- ... 2014458378

A lot of the plug-ins I already had equivalents of in Sonar Plat & Komplete 8 or other VSTs, but I had been lusting for a kick generator and Raw for quite some time so it was a great deal. I probably didn't really need Raw if I just programmed Z3ta with distortion plugs, but the value is in the included presets!

I really like Kick 2's clickable waveform for making laser kick sweeps but Rob Papen Punch BD has up to SIX sample/synth layers! I think I will eventually end up getting Kick 2 as well as some of the kicks I programmed in my short two-week trial sounded awesome.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”