Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
schmerzschlag
KVRer
7 posts since 11 Oct, 2017

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:03 pm

Harry_HH wrote:
don1thedon wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
SolarAxix wrote:
D.Wako wrote: Unfortunately the plugin doesnt seem to install to the Win 10 64 bit, not in my DAW so far, anyway.
I have sent a note to the developer support of the problem. I wonder if anyone with the same OS has faced this dilemma, too. :?:
Installed to my 2x laptops both W10 64 just yesterday. Not used yet but tested in Studio One 4 ok.
None of my Win 10 computers installed the plugin with the installer. Finally I got a response from the developer, who sent me the. dll file, I put it manually to my vst folder.
Wasted a couple of hours (plus nerves) with the installer, but manual instamling worked.
I've had the same problem (Windows 7, Ableton Live 10); the installer didn't work. I just unzipped the installer-exe with 7zip and manually put the VST-dll in my plugin folder. Seems it worked. Plugin shows up in Live and works. Didn't use the plugin so far though. Just a short test to see, if it works at all. :)

Harry_HH
KVRAF
2920 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:57 pm

schmerzschlag wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
don1thedon wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
SolarAxix wrote:
D.Wako wrote: Unfortunately the plugin doesnt seem to install to the Win 10 64 bit, not in my DAW so far, anyway.
I have sent a note to the developer support of the problem. I wonder if anyone with the same OS has faced this dilemma, too. :?:
Installed to my 2x laptops both W10 64 just yesterday. Not used yet but tested in Studio One 4 ok.
None of my Win 10 computers installed the plugin with the installer. Finally I got a response from the developer, who sent me the. dll file, I put it manually to my vst folder.
Wasted a couple of hours (plus nerves) with the installer, but manual instamling worked.
I've had the same problem (Windows 7, Ableton Live 10); the installer didn't work. I just unzipped the installer-exe with 7zip and manually put the VST-dll in my plugin folder. Seems it worked. Plugin shows up in Live and works. Didn't use the plugin so far though. Just a short test to see, if it works at all. :)
Good to know I'm not alone with this, I recomm you sent feedback to the developer, anyway, he doesn't seem to be on the map at all.

What comes to the plugin itself, this is one of those remains to be seing, if any use of it.

The logic is here and there rather strange: e.g. if you choose C major scale, and tritonus, system gives you C and F.
In my books, the tritone for C is F#.

It seems that the "scale" doesn't allow any notes not included to the scale, although you add new intervals.

Tomgu
KVRist
154 posts since 8 Sep, 2014

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:35 am

Harry_HH wrote:
The logic is here and there rather strange: e.g. if you choose C major scale, and tritonus, system gives you C and F.
In my books, the tritone for C is F#.

It seems that the "scale" doesn't allow any notes not included to the scale, although you add new intervals.
That is probably the point - You select a key, and whatever you play will sound good. I didn't check, but maybe there's a chromatic scale for playing the tritonus (or if not, does the custom scale feature help there?)

Something I was planning on trying: Connecting the MIDI output to different VST instruments, for example, one with a bass pattern, one with a pad, one with an arpeggiator, maybe one with a drum loop. One finger orchestra! Then, playing melodies with another MIDI instrument. Maybe using the different channels in Obelisk for different song sections. Finally, recording the MIDI for further editing.

User avatar
krabbencutter
KVRist
317 posts since 12 Jul, 2013

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:52 am

Kurdish Mayfield wrote:
jbarish wrote:
dangayle wrote:
markhw wrote:Oh holy hell. I just picked up Waves Hybrid bundle for $24. Thanks everyone, you are all saints in mine eyes! :party:
The Hybrid bundle is the only Waves package I've ever been slightly interested in. Is it actually good?
It's definitely $24 good!
Ill second that ...I got the H Comp and H Delay as part of the Horizon bundle...both are fantasic
+1 from me. H-Series is one of Waves more modern bundles and absolutely worth it imho. And at 24$ it's worth it for H-Reverb alone. H-Reverb can be a bit CPU intensive, but the sound quality makes up for that. I also really like that it has a collapsed view, which makes it easy to set up. If you want to take a look under the hood, their In-Depth Tutorial is worth watching https://youtu.be/Hp1AuSMIZOg
Oh and it's also 5.1 in case you're working in Post :D
H-EQ gives you lots of options and Waves also added control smoothing, band solo and a zero latency Lite-Version for live use in 2017.
H-Comp is cool, too and don't be shy to try it on the Mixbus. But be aware that the different analog modes can change the sound quite drastically and are not affected by the dry/wet knob.
I build stuff for REAKTOR, just in case anyone cares :party:

schmerzschlag
KVRer
7 posts since 11 Oct, 2017

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:30 am

schmerzschlag wrote: I've had the same problem (Windows 7, Ableton Live 10); the installer didn't work. I just unzipped the installer-exe with 7zip and manually put the VST-dll in my plugin folder. Seems it worked. Plugin shows up in Live and works. Didn't use the plugin so far though. Just a short test to see, if it works at all. :)
Harry_HH wrote:Good to know I'm not alone with this, I recomm you sent feedback to the developer, anyway, he doesn't seem to be on the map at all.
Indeed, since the issue does not seem to be that uncommon, I'd sent them a mail.

Hopefully I will be able to test the plugin this week. First look was a bit confusing, but I have a weak spot for this kind of plugin. ;D

I'm a bit on the fence for Soundtoys Crystallizer. It's not that interesting to me, but maybe it would lower bundle upgrade pricing a bit and it's that damn cheap today.

Leichenschmaus
KVRist
115 posts since 1 Oct, 2014

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:28 am

Is there a free voucher for Plugin alliance around? ;)

User avatar
sqigls
KVRAF
3075 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:40 am

schmerzschlag wrote:
schmerzschlag wrote: I've had the same problem (Windows 7, Ableton Live 10); the installer didn't work. I just unzipped the installer-exe with 7zip and manually put the VST-dll in my plugin folder. Seems it worked. Plugin shows up in Live and works. Didn't use the plugin so far though. Just a short test to see, if it works at all. :)
Harry_HH wrote:Good to know I'm not alone with this, I recomm you sent feedback to the developer, anyway, he doesn't seem to be on the map at all.
Indeed, since the issue does not seem to be that uncommon, I'd sent them a mail.

Hopefully I will be able to test the plugin this week. First look was a bit confusing, but I have a weak spot for this kind of plugin. ;D

I'm a bit on the fence for Soundtoys Crystallizer. It's not that interesting to me, but maybe it would lower bundle upgrade pricing a bit and it's that damn cheap today.
forever kicking myself i was broke during the $29 echoboy sale :(

User avatar
dangayle
KVRian
737 posts since 30 Mar, 2014

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:38 am

sqigls wrote: I'm a bit on the fence for Soundtoys Crystallizer. It's not that interesting to me, but maybe it would lower bundle upgrade pricing a bit and it's that damn cheap today.
forever kicking myself i was broke during the $29 echoboy sale :(
I hope you got in on the $10 “little” plugins deal they had. That plus a pricing glitch bagged me the full bundle for $74, lol.
Last edited by dangayle on Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harry_HH
KVRAF
2920 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:57 am

Fleer wrote:
krabbencutter wrote:Insane Waves H-Series Flash Sale!

23.58$ at everyplugin.com in cart if you use the Soundgrid Voucher (https://www.waves.com/soundgrid-101)

:o :o :o
Mine was $24.19 with the Voucher.
What is the match behind this: their base price is $ 71,94, and they accept only -$21.58 of the waves voucher, i.e. the net is $ 50,36. :?:

BTW, same seems to concern all the dealer prices, only a fraction of the Waves grid voucher value is accepted. I.e. the above is either bull, or the I have missed some extra code. Or then you guys, have just kept too much noise, and Waves has changed the rules. Next time use some code language, when you tell about special bargains.

User avatar
krabbencutter
KVRist
317 posts since 12 Jul, 2013

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:32 am

Harry_HH wrote:
Fleer wrote:
krabbencutter wrote:Insane Waves H-Series Flash Sale!

23.58$ at everyplugin.com in cart if you use the Soundgrid Voucher (https://www.waves.com/soundgrid-101)

:o :o :o
Mine was $24.19 with the Voucher.
What is the match behind this: their base price is $ 71,94, and they accept only -$21.58 of the waves voucher, i.e. the net is $ 50,36. :?:

BTW, same seems to concern all the dealer prices, only a fraction of the Waves grid voucher value is accepted. I.e. the above is either bull, or the I have missed some extra code. Or then you guys, have just kept too much noise, and Waves has changed the rules. Next time use some code language, when you tell about special bargains.
This was neither BS nor did you miss some extra code. But as stated it was a flash sale and it's already over now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If you have any question about everyplugin.com's handling of the soundgrid vouchers, best ask them directly: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=364160
I build stuff for REAKTOR, just in case anyone cares :party:

Harry_HH
KVRAF
2920 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:49 am

krabbencutter wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Fleer wrote:
krabbencutter wrote:Insane Waves H-Series Flash Sale!

23.58$ at everyplugin.com in cart if you use the Soundgrid Voucher (https://www.waves.com/soundgrid-101)

:o :o :o
Mine was $24.19 with the Voucher.
What is the match behind this: their base price is $ 71,94, and they accept only -$21.58 of the waves voucher, i.e. the net is $ 50,36. :?:

BTW, same seems to concern all the dealer prices, only a fraction of the Waves grid voucher value is accepted. I.e. the above is either bull, or the I have missed some extra code. Or then you guys, have just kept too much noise, and Waves has changed the rules. Next time use some code language, when you tell about special bargains.
This was neither BS nor did you miss some extra code. But as stated it was a flash sale and it's already over now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If you have any question about everyplugin.com's handling of the soundgrid vouchers, best ask them directly: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=364160
THAT was flash, I though all these Kvr comments here are made inside 12 h, and still I was late. What should I ask them?
Pitty, no money, no honey.

jackson881
KVRist
156 posts since 26 Feb, 2010

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:25 pm

dangayle wrote:
AudioDeluxe wrote:
dangayle wrote:Did I see somewhere that there was an Audified TNT Voice Executor sale going on?
Yes, we are running an Exclusive Sale on this right now for $29

Audified TNT Voice Executor $29 Deal
When does the Voice Executor sale end?

User avatar
AudioDeluxe
KVRist
31 posts since 11 Jan, 2012

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:31 pm

jackson881 wrote:
dangayle wrote:
AudioDeluxe wrote:
dangayle wrote:Did I see somewhere that there was an Audified TNT Voice Executor sale going on?
Yes, we are running an Exclusive Sale on this right now for $29

Audified TNT Voice Executor $29 Deal
When does the Voice Executor sale end?
Ends Sept 25th

User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
3805 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:20 pm

Harry_HH wrote: THAT was flash, I though all these Kvr comments here are made inside 12 h, and still I was late. What should I ask them?
Pitty, no money, no honey.
No bull, no fool :clown:

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF
3173 posts since 27 Jul, 2001 from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Hypernode is on sale for $15
http://rigid-audio.com/products_hypernode_ordering.html
AND
Xosphere for $99
https://www.samplelogic.com/products/xosphere

and/Or
Some Homegrown Sounds plugins
https://hgsounds.com/product-category/shop/

Are these at all similar
Which is the better deal?

Me?
I do ambient music.
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows 10-64bit, Xeon W36900, 12 GB RAM.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”