Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
kitekrazy
KVRist
235 posts since 26 Oct, 2002

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:51 pm

Insanelysane wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:03 pm
Ou_Tis wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:18 am
What do you think of the WA production flash sale (Pumper, Puncher, SphereComp $1 each)? What are the odds they'll just be a waste of computer space? (I've got a bunch of Waves compressors I haven't even tried yet, as well as Bitwig's good Dynamics compressor.) How is the saturation they add?
WA plugins remind me of Soundspot ones - seems like a total no brainer but you'll end up never using them because:
a) they're not great at what they do
b) you already have great gear! Too many plugins to decide what to do with them all!

The biggest issue today seems to be how to decide which one you'll to use in a project. Too many toys is a bad thing in many ways!! The more plugins you have the harder it'll be to decide whats best and you likely wont get to know them that well either as you jump constantly between flavours and interfaces.

On the other hand, its fun to just drop money on the allure of something new and see what it does. Dont expect it to live in your chain though.
Post of the week. I rarely download free ones anymore.

User avatar
mgw38
KVRian
1310 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:54 pm

Is it just me or is there surprisingly little excitement about Sonokinetic's early entry into the holiday sales frenzy?

User avatar
Russell Grand
KVRAF
1708 posts since 22 May, 2017

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:11 pm

kitekrazy wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:51 pm
Insanelysane wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:03 pm
Ou_Tis wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:18 am
What do you think of the WA production flash sale (Pumper, Puncher, SphereComp $1 each)? What are the odds they'll just be a waste of computer space? (I've got a bunch of Waves compressors I haven't even tried yet, as well as Bitwig's good Dynamics compressor.) How is the saturation they add?
WA plugins remind me of Soundspot ones - seems like a total no brainer but you'll end up never using them because:
a) they're not great at what they do
b) you already have great gear! Too many plugins to decide what to do with them all!

The biggest issue today seems to be how to decide which one you'll to use in a project. Too many toys is a bad thing in many ways!! The more plugins you have the harder it'll be to decide whats best and you likely wont get to know them that well either as you jump constantly between flavours and interfaces.

On the other hand, its fun to just drop money on the allure of something new and see what it does. Dont expect it to live in your chain though.
Post of the week. I rarely download free ones anymore.
There are heaps of killer free plugins out there, even some great new ones, that are just as good as or even better than commercial plugs.

User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8737 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:28 pm

mgw38 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:54 pm
Is it just me or is there surprisingly little excitement about Sonokinetic's early entry into the holiday sales frenzy?
I got email, I looked, I left

But I got their Ostinato Strings and Brass free the last 2 years which set the price tone :P

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2428 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:34 pm

Soundspot and Denise.io are the same developer afaik. Denise stuff is not bad imho. Dunno about Soundspot, never of a mind to try them.

User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
10598 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:49 pm

Musical Gym wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:38 pm
Will jrrshop be selling the upgrade from autotheory pro 3 to 4 at current sale price?
Thanks for telling me about it! I’ll ask and can hopefully let you know early next week.

User avatar
mutantdog
KVRAF
1955 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from The Infinite Void

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:45 pm

pekbro wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:34 pm
Soundspot and Denise.io are the same developer afaik. Denise stuff is not bad imho. Dunno about Soundspot, never of a mind to try them.
Denise.io are a collective effort of three or four devs, i believe. They seem to be doing some interesting stuff with a view to becoming a serious company. One of them may have worked on Soundspot but I wouldn't take that as any great sign of quality as it was probably a commision job. I'm pretty sure Soundspot and WA are PluginBoutique's own discount brands. Most of it ends up at a quid sooner or later.

User avatar
thejonsolo
KVRAF
2101 posts since 13 Apr, 2008 from Charleston, SC

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:48 am

I have everything from Sonokinetic except the Tutti and choir but feel I have those covered. Largo on the other hand...maybe for the 12 days.

dzilizzi
KVRian
1028 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:43 am

mgw38 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:54 pm
Is it just me or is there surprisingly little excitement about Sonokinetic's early entry into the holiday sales frenzy?
I have a lot of their libraries already. I am looking at the Toll. Toccata is a great organ if you need one but I already own it. The price on Expressivo is pretty close to last holidays sales price, so maybe worth getting if you're interested. The Tuttis are the questionable ones. The FX is kind of cool. But I own a lot of orchestral FX libraries already. The fact that it comes with drag and drop midi increases its value over others, but I don't need it.

The choir was interesting to me until I read reviews. It was probably really cool when it came out, but there are so many better ones out there now. And I rarely use the ones I have.

SiliconDeath
KVRist
140 posts since 21 Feb, 2017

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:09 am

sqigls wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:09 pm
again...
Contemporary Color for $29.
Great saturation! A bargain!

https://endeavorfx.com/contemporary-color.html
Thanks for reminding, I'm going to give it a fair try :)

User avatar
sqigls
KVRAF
3595 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:31 am

;)



wondering if anyone has a UVI voucher i could use for the Plate vst?
I've been trying to sell a few things to pick it up before the 1st Nov intro cutoff date, but i'm about 20 bones short... or does anyone wanna buy a license for Output Movement for dirt cheap? :P
help a brother put some plate on his plate ?

User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
6240 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:40 pm

where are people getting vouchers for UVI?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls ~ Pablo Picasso

User avatar
sqigls
KVRAF
3595 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:44 pm

nah i'm just asking, cos at the checkout there's a field for entering a voucher.
putting it out there, wondering out loud :)

jsp1979
KVRAF
3095 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:04 pm

If you buy Falcon, UVI gives you a $100 voucher. You could go that route. ;-)

iftango
KVRist
125 posts since 14 Sep, 2006 from here and beyond

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:07 pm

For those hoping to grab Komplete with the following upgrade path: DrumMic'a->Kontakt->Komplete: DrumMic'a does not qualify for a crossgrade to Kontakt anymore.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”