Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
User avatar
dandezebra
KVRian
1058 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Does the $20 stay in one's after today? I am broke as I am craving Dark Era tomorrow and the eventual release of Gullfoss on PC!

Feelshallright
KVRist
202 posts since 11 Sep, 2017

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:52 pm

ghettosynth wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:11 am
Feelshallright wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:57 pm
Waves CLA Mixhub is 23.59$ at Plugindiscounts.com with Love30 discount code.

https://plugindiscounts.com/product/waves-cla-mixhub/

Edit: Deal is dead, I guess it was a limited time rebate or a pricing mistake. Glad I got it.
I noticed that this happened the other day when they had the 50% thing going. It seems that the coupons lead the price changes. Waves consistently raises prices when they offer a coupon, so, the trick is go to the vendors as soon as the coupon hits and before the price changes catch up. The vendors should let us know if Waves penalizes them for this though.

I had just assumed that they had quickly brought CLA Mix down to $39 and that was where the discounted price came from, that must have been the price prior to the coupon.
I think it was priced at around 30$ before the Love30 discount code.

User avatar
hhuang9611
KVRian
503 posts since 1 Mar, 2018 from USA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:01 pm

escalona wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:11 pm
I don't if it's been shared.
PluginAlliance ACME AudioOpticom XLA-3 only $29
with code 24H-AcmE-4929-190216B
WTF???? I got the code 24H-AcmE-4929-190216A and it only cuts the price to 49. (And sadly, I have placed my order) What kind of trick is this? I am a heavy hitter and on $75 voucher tier, is this how PA repay my loyalty? I'm opening up a ticket now.
Trance, Trance Is Life

User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
4113 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:09 pm

Must have gone something wrong. I got both emails, for $49 and $29.

escalona
KVRist
288 posts since 16 Jan, 2018 from Portland, OR USA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:24 pm

hhuang9611 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:01 pm
escalona wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:11 pm
I don't if it's been shared.
PluginAlliance ACME AudioOpticom XLA-3 only $29
with code 24H-AcmE-4929-190216B
WTF???? I got the code 24H-AcmE-4929-190216A and it only cuts the price to 49. (And sadly, I have placed my order) What kind of trick is this? I am a heavy hitter and on $75 voucher tier, is this how PA repay my loyalty? I'm opening up a ticket now.
It works for $29 for me. I didn't buy it because I already have it, but it works on my account just fine. Sorry it didn't work for you.

EDIT: sorry I see what happened (I didn't read your message with full attention). Go get them!

User avatar
hhuang9611
KVRian
503 posts since 1 Mar, 2018 from USA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:46 pm

escalona wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:24 pm
hhuang9611 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:01 pm
escalona wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:11 pm
I don't if it's been shared.
PluginAlliance ACME AudioOpticom XLA-3 only $29
with code 24H-AcmE-4929-190216B
WTF???? I got the code 24H-AcmE-4929-190216A and it only cuts the price to 49. (And sadly, I have placed my order) What kind of trick is this? I am a heavy hitter and on $75 voucher tier, is this how PA repay my loyalty? I'm opening up a ticket now.
It works for $29 for me. I didn't buy it because I already have it, but it works on my account just fine. Sorry it didn't work for you.

EDIT: sorry I see what happened (I didn't read your message with full attention). Go get them!
Thanks and yeah, I tried the $29 voucher and it worked for me as well. I think they are trying to squeeze more money out of me. Let's see what how the sale support responde.
Trance, Trance Is Life

Insanelysane
KVRist
194 posts since 24 Jan, 2014

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:34 pm

hhuang9611 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:46 pm
escalona wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:24 pm
hhuang9611 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:01 pm
escalona wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:11 pm
I don't if it's been shared.
PluginAlliance ACME AudioOpticom XLA-3 only $29
with code 24H-AcmE-4929-190216B
WTF???? I got the code 24H-AcmE-4929-190216A and it only cuts the price to 49. (And sadly, I have placed my order) What kind of trick is this? I am a heavy hitter and on $75 voucher tier, is this how PA repay my loyalty? I'm opening up a ticket now.
It works for $29 for me. I didn't buy it because I already have it, but it works on my account just fine. Sorry it didn't work for you.

EDIT: sorry I see what happened (I didn't read your message with full attention). Go get them!
Thanks and yeah, I tried the $29 voucher and it worked for me as well. I think they are trying to squeeze more money out of me. Let's see what how the sale support responde.
I figured it out - the last letter should be B for $29, A for $49 :)
Use:
24H-AcmE-4929-190216B

(Dont use: 24H-AcmE-4929-190216A)
Last edited by Insanelysane on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ghettosynth
KVRAF
11433 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:54 pm

My guess is that it's some sort of A/B experiment to get a better empirical sense of what strategy yields the most profit , and , I suspect that they don't want you sharing these codes.

User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
10597 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:02 am

epiphaneia wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:55 pm
@Uncle E : Any chance there‘s going to be a sale on g force software (oddity, imposcar) some day or you might be able to instigate one? (seeing that these synths haven‘t been updated in a while, that might give them some boost too :hihi: )
Honestly, I'll find out when you do.

Insanelysane
KVRist
194 posts since 24 Jan, 2014

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:12 am

Tappistry wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:33 pm
Zen Audio ALK2 just went on sale to celebrate their new Windows release.

https://zenaud.io/
I hadnt heard of these guys, got really curious and downloaded and installed the trial.. only to find out ALK2 doesnt support Windows 7 at all, only 8.1 onwards. I was surprised, somewhat shocked as I always assumed Win 7 was compatible with everything I wanted but looks like finally Win 7 starting to be left behind.

Shame really, looks like fun software but they dont support Win 7 :(

samsam
KVRAF
2163 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:20 am

ghettosynth wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:54 pm
My guess is that it's some sort of A/B experiment to get a better empirical sense of what strategy yields the most profit , and , I suspect that they don't want you sharing these codes.
Even sweeter that he shared then. f**k marketing!

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
23003 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from a computer

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:47 am

1 ACME Audio Opticom XLA-3 $149
2019-02 Customer Loyalty Monthly Vouchers - $25 (Code: XXX) -$25
ACME Opticom for $29 (Code: XXX) -$120
VAT $0.92
Total $4.92
Customer: :D
Never buy something you don't want just because it's a bargain.

Audio Plugin Deals
KVRist
77 posts since 1 Dec, 2016

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:41 am

Feelshallright wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:48 pm
Audio Plugin Deals wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:35 am
APD Valentine's Special!
We hope you love surprises because there's a pleasant surprise waiting in your rewards wallet!

To celebrate the, we have added an extra $20 to your rewards wallet which you can use to purchase any product in The Shop.

Don't have an APD account? Create an account and instantly receive $20 in your rewards wallet which you can immediately use for any purchase you make in The Shop!

And just for today, you will earn an additional 2x in rewards for any product you purchase today on The Deals or in The Shop. So hurry and get shopping now!
Good timing, I was just looking at some items in their shop, and with the 20$ extra credit, I might have enough money in my account to buy a library at their bottom price.
Great! Hope you got what you wanted? :)

User avatar
sqigls
KVRAF
3594 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:53 am

I'm really keen for this ACME Audio Opticom XLA-3, f**king wasted my $25 voucher on the Thorn 'upgrade' even though i can't be arsed to install it.

Anyone wanna buy Unfiltered Audio Sandman off me for $15?

User avatar
Harry_HH
KVRAF
3290 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:44 am

Aloysius wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:47 am
1 ACME Audio Opticom XLA-3 $149
2019-02 Customer Loyalty Monthly Vouchers - $25 (Code: XXX) -$25
ACME Opticom for $29 (Code: XXX) -$120
VAT $0.92
Total $4.92
Customer: :D
Thanx for the hint ;-)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”