Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^I'm pretty sure the removal was an accident. If it goes away again, I guess that'll mean I was wrong.
No longer a moderator.

I got today ad to my mailbox. It made me smile, not because of the good offer, but because this salespromise kind of approach mirrors so well our times: "Destroy & Mangle everything!"
https://www.audio-assault.com/defacer.p ... af851a5caa

D.H. Miltz wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:48 pm ^I'm pretty sure the removal was an accident.
It looks like it. Yesterday there was a notification for a post from ORCO but it isnt there anymore. Maybe the mod wanted to delete that one and by mistake deleted the whole thread.

dermage wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:51 pm
D.H. Miltz wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:48 pm ^I'm pretty sure the removal was an accident.
It looks like it. Yesterday there was a notification for a post from ORCO but it isnt there anymore. Maybe the mod wanted to delete that one and by mistake deleted the whole thread.
:(

How am I going to find out about deals on all those meticulously and painstakingly curated soundsets now?

Seems like an appropriate time to segue to letting newer members know that you can hide posts from users whose posts you don't want to see. I never used it until the Great Spam Disaster unrolled here last year. All you have to do is click on the user's name, which will take you to a page where you can add them as a Foe. Unfortunately, this doesn't totally delete them from your view of a thread, just hides their message. I now have 27 names on my list, though some of them seem to have moved on or closed up shop on their homemade soundsets. Hopefully because everybody here had Foe'd them. :)

The Foe thing is great but it only works if you are signed in.

Digivolt wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:20 pm https://sonniss.com/gameaudiogdc19/...9 ... XYELpG4JVc
In celebration of GDC 2019 we are giving away 25GB+ of high-quality sound effects from our catalogue. Everything is royalty-free and commercially usable. No attribution is required and you can use them on an unlimited number of projects for the rest of your lifetime.

All of the files we send out are just a small sample of our suppliers complete collection. We usually pick a couple of sounds from each library added to Sonniss over the year. None of the files we are giving away have been modified in any way, they are exactly the same files we sell. If you would like more options and design choices to work with, please consider purchasing the corresponding collection.
Demo's from paid packs seem decent so I assume this is much of the same quality
Link doesn't work for me (404 error). But this does:
https://sonniss.com/gameaudiogdc19/

I have just 12 foes in my list, and probably 8 of those are sound designers. Nothing against them personally, but a couple of them are spam-tastic. I would love it if sound-sets had a separate deals thread...

Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:22 pm
Digivolt wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:20 pm https://sonniss.com/gameaudiogdc19/...9 ... XYELpG4JVc
In celebration of GDC 2019 we are giving away 25GB+ of high-quality sound effects from our catalogue. Everything is royalty-free and commercially usable. No attribution is required and you can use them on an unlimited number of projects for the rest of your lifetime.

All of the files we send out are just a small sample of our suppliers complete collection. We usually pick a couple of sounds from each library added to Sonniss over the year. None of the files we are giving away have been modified in any way, they are exactly the same files we sell. If you would like more options and design choices to work with, please consider purchasing the corresponding collection.
Link doesn't work for me (404 error). But this does:
https://sonniss.com/gameaudiogdc19/
Thanks I've changed the post :tu:

This is a very nice and highly recommended freebie. The only problem with this pack is that it is highly eclectic. The selection is a bit all over the place and not really searchable.
Digivolt wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:20 pm https://sonniss.com/gameaudiogdc19/

Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

lachrimae wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:26 pm I have just 12 foes in my list, and probably 8 of those are sound designers. Nothing against them personally, but a couple of them are spam-tastic. I would love it if sound-sets had a separate deals thread...
Well, that's the thing...

We have an entire subforum for this:

viewforum.php?f=257

The spammers are actually violating the rules of KVR by posting in the Deals thread. Not sure why they haven't been shut down for this, but mods have apparently decided to not address the issue.

GreyLion wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:06 pm
lachrimae wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:26 pm I have just 12 foes in my list, and probably 8 of those are sound designers. Nothing against them personally, but a couple of them are spam-tastic. I would love it if sound-sets had a separate deals thread...
Well, that's the thing...

We have an entire subforum for this:

viewforum.php?f=257

The spammers are actually violating the rules of KVR by posting in the Deals thread. Not sure why they haven't been shut down for this, but mods have apparently decided to not address the issue.
The first stickied post in that forum says this:
"Introductory offers/discounts in a product announcement thread are allowed.
All other sales and special offers go in the Market Place subforum, not here."

Which would seem to mean that they are posting in the correct forum.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Audio Plugin Deals wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:10 am For just $39 (you save $129), get Score FX II by ueberschall! Score FX II sets the standard for underscores, FX, rhythms and atmospheres and is an essential addition to your cinematic sound design arsenal.
Been looking out for more Ueberschall. Amazing engine, still highly original.

Kypresso wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:09 pm
The first stickied post in that forum says this:
"Introductory offers/discounts in a product announcement thread are allowed.
All other sales and special offers go in the Market Place subforum, not here."

Which would seem to mean that they are posting in the correct forum.
Huh. Thanks for the heads-up, Kypresso! That is not the verbiage that I remember when the spam explosion occurred. D.H. Miltz will know whether it's been edited. Or whether I was hallucinating. Again.

In any case, looks like it's all legal now, so spam on, guys! I've still got my Foehammer.

Back to our usual endless gnawing over deals now, I guess. In that spirit, on the Humble deal with Sound Forge Audio Studio 12.6, it is indeed the previous version, but it's a huge upgrade from the one before that. I have it, and couldn't be more pleased with its functionality and GUI. It makes a great external audio editor for Reaper. Excellent deal for $25, IMHO. I feel no need to upgrade to v13, which has improvements that seem cosmetic and relatively minor to me.

Decided to bit on the BX Dyna EQ offer, put in the heavy hitter code, price reduces to $29, chuck in my $25 dollar monthly voucher, price drops to $4, go to checkout to pay, hit pay using paypal and receive notification that the license has been added and installation instructions but it never entered the paypal payment page and no funds appear to have been deducted when I checked my account.

So I just got that for nothing it seems, very odd...

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”