Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone know the cadence of sales from the patchbay? i've got some sound sets in my cart ready to go - I saw there was a sale on some stuff earlier this month, but didn't buy at that point.

This weekend only!
Upgrade Your T7 Free to Waveform 10.
You can qualify for upgrade pricing from your T7 Free license and purchase any of the Waveform 10 upgrade licenses (Basic, Standard, or Extreme). Upgrade to Waveform 10 today starting from only $69.

The $69 upgrade gives you Waveform 10, Antares Auto-Tune Access and Melodyne Essential.

Harry_HH wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:39 am
bharris22 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:31 am Does anyone know how long the sale on Xosphere 2 will last? Thanks in advance!
They don't say that in their site.
But let me contribute the discurse with some user-opinions.
Although I'm in generally most critical towards "cinematic" libraries/romplers, I purchased this one, because of I happened to have rewards for the gif certificate, and I may need sometimes these kind of sounds.
I must say that that my preconceptions have proved, so far, to be correct.

Most of the huge 15 GB presets are overproduced, too "atmospheric" stuff to my taste. There are obviously nice samples, but to get those, you have to drill down to a simple core preset, dress down all effects, and rebuilt the sound.
But this is me. I appreciate more a very well sampled, original core sound, than huge, overproduced, saturared fullfrequency pad.
The Xosphere 2 presets resembles too much each other, to my taste.

In addition, some spesific first impression remarks:

1. The default volume is set way too loud in every preset. The first thing you have to do, is to lower the Kontakt or your DAW fader. The
2. The preset filter doesn't work as it should: e. g. if I set the multi preset filter, and go to the main page, and try to browse the filtered set of presets using the arrows (forward/backward), the browser looses the filter.
Can the browser/filter be that stupid, or have I missed something?
3. Regarding the huge 15 GB library, the lack of percussive sounds is disturbing. Most of the preset "percussive" are just the same cinematic jam.
:party:
OK. Those who know me, are used to my critical approach.
To be fair, I'm first to admit, that the above are the first 1 day impressions, and I may have (most likely have) missed something, and/or will change my opinion in some areas.
And there are a lot of good in this product, too, obviously.
The UI is well structured. The samples load relatively quick, in ny power desktop, anyway. The product is rather versatile, and there are a lot of effect presets. The effects may not be very fancy, if you are used to the latests effect-offering of some top developers.
You can't import your own samples, which may be the worst functional defect.

If you need set of rich, atmospheric sounds to your portfolio, this product may be a good choise, with the present price.
On the other hand Im critical towards these libraries, and recommend to look "under the hood", to the core samples undressed of effects, modulation, or morphing. I enjoy e. g. the old Alchemy sound libraries, which I own almost all, and most the EW Silk instrument-category libraries, where the sounds "mean" something. Then you can color/dress the original sound, but first it has to be most beautiful "naked".
:phones:

After grabbing the deal myself I agree with everything you have said here. I am getting really bad CPU spikes when switching patches though, what sort of load times do you get? It's taking about 5 seconds to switch between patches for me along with the fact CPU goes right up to 100% during those 5 seconds and that's with I7-7700k, 32gb ram and a Samsung Evo nvme ssd. No response from support yet.
If they had a demo and I experienced these issues I would not have purchased it :neutral:
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

bob swans wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:45 am
bharris22 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:31 am Does anyone know how long the sale on Xosphere 2 will last? Thanks in advance!
Although I'm in generally most critical towards "cinematic" libraries/romplers, I purchased this one, because of I happened to have rewards for the gif certificate, and I may need sometimes these kind of sounds.

Most of the huge 15 GB presets are overproduced, too "atmospheric" stuff to my taste. There are obviously nice samples, but to get those, you have to drill down to a simple core preset, dress down all effects, and rebuilt the sound.
But this is me. I appreciate more a very well sampled, original core sound, than huge, overproduced, saturared fullfrequency pad.

1. The default volume is set way too loud in every preset. The first thing you have to do, is to lower the Kontakt or your DAW fader. The
2. The preset filter doesn't work as it should: e. g. if I set the multi preset filter, and go to the main page, and try to browse the filtered set of presets using the arrows (forward/backward), the browser looses the filter.
3. Regarding the huge 15 GB library, the lack of percussive sounds is disturbing. Most of the preset "percussive" are just the same cinematic jam.
To be fair, I'm first to admit, that the above are the first 1 day impressions, and I may have (most likely have) missed something, and/or will change my opinion in some areas.
The UI is well structured. The samples load relatively quick, in ny power desktop, anyway. The product is rather versatile, and there are a lot of effect presets. The effects may not be very fancy, if you are used to the latests effect-offering of some top developers.

If you need set of rich, atmospheric sounds to your portfolio, this product may be a good choise, with the present price.
On the other hand Im critical towards these libraries, and recommend to look "under the hood", to the core samples undressed of effects, modulation, or morphing. I enjoy e. g. the old Alchemy sound libraries, which I own almost all, and most the EW Silk instrument-category libraries, where the sounds "mean" something. Then you can color/dress the original sound, but first it has to be most beautiful "naked".

After grabbing the deal myself I agree with everything you have said here. I am getting really bad CPU spikes when switching patches though, what sort of load times do you get? It's taking about 5 seconds to switch between patches for me along with the fact CPU goes right up to 100% during those 5 seconds and that's with I7-7700k, 32gb ram and a Samsung Evo nvme ssd. No response from support yet.
If they had a demo and I experienced these issues I would not have purchased it :neutral:
Probably one good reason not to offer a demo for the product :P to me the walkthrough video I saw of it seemed to show the one key pressed wonder that it is and that was an insta-no-buy from me. I also noticed the percussion presets werent percussion, these days rough edges add up with what I own. Thanks for the heads up, saves one or two people from jumping on this 'bargain', thats a good thing, right?

Insanelysane wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:07 am
bob swans wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:45 am

Probably one good reason not to offer a demo for the product :P to me the walkthrough video I saw of it seemed to show the one key pressed wonder that it is and that was an insta-no-buy from me. I also noticed the percussion presets werent percussion, these days rough edges add up with what I own. Thanks for the heads up, saves one or two people from jumping on this 'bargain', thats a good thing, right?
Of course :)
I wish I had waited a couple of days to be honest, then I could have grabbed something from the soniccouture sale instead!
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

bob swans wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:45 am After grabbing the deal myself I agree with everything you have said here. I am getting really bad CPU spikes when switching patches though, what sort of load times do you get? It's taking about 5 seconds to switch between patches for me along with the fact CPU goes right up to 100% during those 5 seconds and that's with I7-7700k, 32gb ram and a Samsung Evo nvme ssd. No response from support yet.
I never noticed that but it is indeed a bit spikey when you switch presets. It is the same for the new Arpology library by Sample Logic. Both share a similar interface so I guess it has something to do with the GUI. But it does not nearly spike as high as you mention. It is not disrupting on a late 2016 13" MacBook Pro. If you would not have mentioned it I would not have noticed it.

As to the review of the library itself. Sample Logic libraries are generally highly regarded and considered of solid quality. However, they serve a very particular purpose. These are libraries mainly aimed at people who want/need to lay out scores very quickly. The libraries are generally wet and the presets are meant to be used as is. Hence they might feel overproduced if this is not what you are looking for. I like to think of them more in terms of highly flexible constructions kits that allow you to rapidly create atmospheres that dynamically evolve over time. I usually use them for inspirational purposes mainly.

Xosphere has no percussive sounds. That is just not what it is. It is a bit unfair to complain about the lack of something that is not really meant to be part of the library to begin with. Arpology would be the percussive twin of the Xosphere library.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

In case anyone isn't watching the No Chat thread, we're giving away Metric Halo Dirty Delay for free with coupon code "FreeDirtyDelay":

https://www.jrrshop.com/metric-halo-dirty-delay

@mgw38
Why is it "unfair" to criticitze Xosphere2 lacking the percussive sounds?

15 GB stuff, and not a single real percussive sound.

Did the Sampleillogoc say in the product description "cinematic sounds - except percussive sounds? No.

To me percussive sounds, if some, belong to the category "cinematic".

And finally: the Xosphere2 browser has a category "percussive". But those sounds there are not percussive.

So much about the SampleLOGIC.

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:42 am @mgw38

Not quite sure what you mean by "real percussive sound". There are samples from percussive instruments in there.

But it is labeled as a "atmosphere creation tool" and atmospheres usually don't include much percussive elements.

I think it is perfectly fine to have different opinions on an instrument. Would be boring if we always felt the same. ;)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:42 am So much about the SampleLOGIC.
See, in America, we pronounce it samp-ill. ;)

mgw38 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:05 am
Harry_HH wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:42 am @mgw38

Not quite sure what you mean by "real percussive sound". There are samples from percussive instruments in there.

But it is labeled as a "atmosphere creation tool" and atmospheres usually don't include much percussive elements.

I think it is perfectly fine to have different opinions on an instrument. Would be boring if we always felt the same. ;)
If you are not sure, what I mean, a question to you: in your opinion, are the Xosphere2 preset category "percussive", percussive?

How many did you find?

And: cinematic percussions do not belong under the product description "cinematic atmospheric?
New thing to me: in 15 GB samples, no room for a single real dramatic drums, taikos etc.!

Although you didn't seem to appreciate my evaluation/information of the Xosphere2 in previous Pages, I tried to be as fair as possible in my purchase critique.

I'm with mgw38 on this. I didn't expect it to be a percussive sample library as it's marketed as an atmospheric one. Pretty simple expectation in my book. I appreciate all input though Harry_HH. Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective. I ended up buying it as well. I'll rely on my other percussive libraries for the percussive stuff. Like Hanz Zimmer, etc.

For me I liked the xosphere 2 sounds already pre-effected for immediate and quick use. Nice little interface too. But overall I agree that samplelogic is very overpriced still. Which is why I only own three libraries from them still. Once they start discounting like this deal or hopefully even more I'll begin to buy into their stuff more. If not, the money will go to their competitors who will. Which is where my money has and always will go.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:13 am Free Metric Halo Dirty Delay with coupon code "FreeDirtyDelay" while supplies last:
https://www.jrrshop.com/metric-halo-dirty-delay
Hi Uncle E. I used that code in the shop and got a product code but when I tried to redeem it on http://mhsecure.com/redeem i got a "code already been used error" :help:

testman3thousand wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:03 am Hi Uncle E. I used that code in the shop and got a product code but when I tried to redeem it on http://mhsecure.com/redeem i got a "code already been used error" :help:
I apologize, the orders have been coming in faster than our site can handle. I thought we would have enough licenses to last until the weekend but I think they'll all be gone by tomorrow.

In any case, please PM me your order number and I'll send you a new license.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:13 am 30% off Sonible smart:comp, now $89 instead of $129:
https://www.jrrshop.com/sonible-smart-comp
Eric, will you also offer the 50% off crossgrade from other sonible prodcts, which PluginBoutiqe has?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”