Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, I always got Groove Agents & the upgrades when discounted to 50% off. Of course, it takes patience, which is not a simple task. :hihi:
Psuper wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:17 pm I'm considering this Mutant Delay (Intro price of $12 till Sept), Any thoughts?
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 593-Mutant

Also, does Groove Agent ever go lower than 30% off?

I don’t know why they haven’t improved and enlarged the waveform editor on Padshop, though. Seriously, what is it? A granular sampler for ants?

emanuelsj wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:19 pm Yes, I always got Groove Agents & the upgrades when discounted to 50% off. Of course, it takes patience, which is not a simple task. :hihi:
Psuper wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:17 pm I'm considering this Mutant Delay (Intro price of $12 till Sept), Any thoughts?
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 593-Mutant

Also, does Groove Agent ever go lower than 30% off?
Awesome thanks, I thought it might but wanted confirmation before I play the wait game!
Have you tried Vital?

yellowmix wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:45 pm Sound Forge Pro 12 and Acid Pro 8 (plus other software) for $25 at Humble Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/t ... n-software

These are one version behind the current, but are upgradeable (check Magix site for prices). There are new versions relatively frequently, being behind a version is not that bad IMO (I've been skipping versions), and if they keep doing these Humble Bundles (this must be their 3rd or 4th time), it's the least expensive way to get these.
Does this bundle come with iZotope Ozone Elements and RX Elements? It's confusing because the description for Sound Forge Pro 12 says, "Shape your project's sound with sophisticated mastering tools by iZotope..." Then at the bottom, it says, "No external plug-ins included (iZotope Ozone Elements 8 & iZotope RX Elements)."

You don't get the iZotope products. The main paragraph is a standard product description which they've copied and pasted. The bit at the bottom is intended as a correction. They could probably have made it less ambiguous.

for the price fantastic anyway

trager wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:55 pm You don't get the iZotope products. The main paragraph is a standard product description which they've copied and pasted. The bit at the bottom is intended as a correction. They could probably have made it less ambiguous.
Thanks, that's what I thought. They should have just said, "iZotope Ozone Elements 8 & iZotope RX Elements not included."

There's a thread on another forum saying you get those iZotope products.
traz wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:01 am for the price fantastic anyway
Yeah, still a solid deal for what you get.

masterhiggins wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:34 pm I don’t know why they haven’t improved and enlarged the waveform editor on Padshop, though. Seriously, what is it? A granular sampler for ants?
I have not used Padshop Pro. I have Halion 6 and it is the Steinberg product for sound design. My impression is that Padshop Pro is a side VSTi based off of the Halion technology. The granular layer in Halion is very complete and flexible. Halion does have a sample editor built in, but you can also confdigure it so that the granular layer in Halion to open an external waveform editor like wavelab, spectralayers, or sound forge.

telecharge wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:14 pm
yellowmix wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:45 pm Sound Forge Pro 12 and Acid Pro 8 (plus other software) for $25 at Humble Bundle:

These are one version behind the current, but are upgradeable (check Magix site for prices). There are new versions relatively frequently, being behind a version is not that bad IMO (I've been skipping versions), and if they keep doing these Humble Bundles (this must be their 3rd or 4th time), it's the least expensive way to get these.
Does this bundle come with iZotope Ozone Elements and RX Elements? It's confusing because the description for Sound Forge Pro 12 says, "Shape your project's sound with sophisticated mastering tools by iZotope..." Then at the bottom, it says, "No external plug-ins included (iZotope Ozone Elements 8 & iZotope RX Elements)."
I bought a different Humbe bundle with Vegas in it a while ago and it included Sound Forge Pro 12. I contacted Magix about getting the iZotope products and their answer was that the license I bought did not include the Ozone products. I was not able to convince them to give me the iZotope licenses.

BingBang wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:56 am

I bought a different Humbe bundle with Vegas in it a while ago and it included Sound Forge Pro 12. I contacted Magix about getting the iZotope products and their answer was that the license I bought did not include the Ozone products. I was not able to convince them to give me the iZotope licenses.
For those who own any decent DAW, I can't see much add on value of this stuff - not to mention for those who own the RX by iZotope.

These Humble Bundles were much more useful, if they included upgrading paths.
I purchased about a year+ ago the Humble Bundle including the Vegas Pro 14. After the purchase I've got regularly Magic ads, most annoying, I haven't found out how to prevent these popups, where they push "offer prices" for the Vegas Pro 15, in 10x the price I paid for the ver. 14.
If the Humble Bundle/Magic was clever, they could sell me the upgrade, e. g. just tge add-on effects packs. But not with the offered price.

Harry_HH wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:14 am

For those who own any decent DAW, I can't see much add on value of this stuff - not to mention for those who own the RX by iZotope.

I purchased about a year+ ago the Humble Bundle including the Vegas Pro 14. After the purchase I've got regularly Magic ads, most annoying, I haven't found out how to prevent these popups, where they push "offer prices" for the Vegas Pro 15, in 10x the price I paid for the ver. 14.
If the Humble Bundle/Magic was clever, they could sell me the upgrade, e. g. just tge add-on effects packs. But not with the offered price.
You can get rid of the popups. I installed many of the programs from the same bundle you have and I had the popups also. My mistake was to install programs other than Vegas. I started to uninstall the §%#* apps from Magix and the popups went away. I don't remember exactly what.

You can also check what programs are being loaded at startup:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... artup-apps

I would just uninstall anything from Magix which shows up in the startup list.

The upgrade path is that you buy another bundle. The Vegas 14 bundle was in Dec. 2017. In Dec. 2018 they had a Vegas 15 bundle. The full Vegas Pro 15 license was $25, which is OK.

BingBang wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:04 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:14 am

You can get rid of the popups. I installed many of the programs from the same bundle you have and I had the popups also. My mistake was to install programs other than Vegas. I started to uninstall the §%#* apps from Magix and the popups went away. I don't remember exactly what.

You can also check what programs are being loaded at startup:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... artup-apps

I would just uninstall anything from Magix which shows up in the startup list.

The upgrade path is that you buy another bundle. The Vegas 14 bundle was in Dec. 2017. In Dec. 2018 they had a Vegas 15 bundle. The full Vegas Pro 15 license was $25, which is OK.
Thank you for commenting.
I must have miss the Dec. 2018 Vegas 15 offer. But it wasn't obviously an "upgrade path" for the previous ver. 14 clients, but a new offer, for everybody.

For those of us in the US, musiciansfriend.com and sweetwater.com are also selling the Steinberg VST instruments at the advertised discount. I’m only mentioning it because state sales tax can be avoided that way. 8 percent (TX sales tax) adds up.

W23 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:18 pm For those of us in the US, musiciansfriend.com and sweetwater.com are also selling the Steinberg VST instruments at the advertised discount. I’m only mentioning it because state sales tax can be avoided that way. 8 percent (TX sales tax) adds up.
AFAIK and have experienced, they now charge appropriate taxes according to the state you live in. However, that's only on physical goods. So far, it hasn't effected software downloads. But Congress is working on an AVT (and they swear it's completely different than the European VAT, but it's exactly the same in action - regardless of syntax and wording).

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”