Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fleer wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:32 pm Word.
Another interesting one for $99 is the EQP-1A Vintage Tube Program Equalizer.
LOL! Too many choices!
Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:27 pm
Fleer wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:59 pm Get them all, dzi.
But also look at the Precision Comp, Bus Comp and Vintage Tubes.
Precision Comp and Bus Comp are $125 tier. dzi was asking about $99. Vintage Tube Compressor/Limiter is $99 tier though:

"The 'divine ratio' compressor limiter
This module is based on the 'Holy Grail' of compressor/limiters, the Fairchild™ 670.

This Vari-MU type compressor/limiter delivers an incredible magic touch that makes everything that passes through it shine and sound more musical and emotional, thanks to its tube signal path and gain reduction mode. It was meticulously analyzed for months over every single detail, unveiling all of it's secrets."

All of it is secrets?... hard not to lol at the hyperbole.
I wish they had some walkthroughs on these things. Although some do have audio.

But thanks for all the suggestions. :)

IK Group Buy now up to 9 free products....

If you buy Sampletank SE at the sale price does that get you in the $149 tier??

No, SampleTank products aren't in this group buy.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

vstbuzz wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:21 pm VSTBuzz: 70% off “Keys Bundle” by Soundiron - Normally €275 Now Only €82!
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/70-off-keys-b ... -soundiron
Nice bundle. Already got some of them and really like Soundiron libs.

Fleer wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:28 pm
vstbuzz wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:21 pm VSTBuzz: 70% off “Keys Bundle” by Soundiron - Normally €275 Now Only €82!
https://vstbuzz.com/deals/70-off-keys-b ... -soundiron
Nice bundle. Already got some of them and really like Soundiron libs.
Probably will skip this because I also have about half of them. Though if you don't have any it is a great deal. The Lakeside Organ is great.

I almost forgot about the Angel Strings. I will have to listen to the walkthroughs though I thought I did. Maybe they are too much like something I already have. Sigh. I do have way too much stuff.

I see some suggestions about getting into the ik group buy tiers on deals. Is there anything out there with a cheaper way of getting into the $149 tier? I like the Mesa Amplitube sim but laying $225 Canadian for any sim is ..yeah. Thanks!

JRR Shop had Fender 2 at half price. Maybe PM Uncle E and ask him if he’s got one left.

abhor wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:11 pm I see some suggestions about getting into the ik group buy tiers on deals. Is there anything out there with a cheaper way of getting into the $149 tier? I like the Mesa Amplitube sim but laying $225 Canadian for any sim is ..yeah. Thanks!
This appears to be the current cheapest option at $127.99 USD/$~170 CAD: https://blackoctopus-sound.com/product/ ... g-console/

With a retail price of $159 for the Lurssen Mastering Console, it would get you into the $149 tier.

If you don't want to keep it, you could always sell it afterwards (plus the license transfer fee - using a license transfer credit for $19.99 USD) and keep the free items from the group buy.

I might be wrong but I think if you sell it you lose what you got free with it.

trager wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:48 pm I might be wrong but I think if you sell it you lose what you got free with it.
Group Buy FAQ:

"Free selected promotional products cannot be sold/transferred. They reside in your account separate from the original purchase and would not be transferred if original qualifying item is sold.

Note that qualifying product must remain registered in your IK account to retain eligibility."

Not clear whether "retain eligibility" only applies to selecting the free products or also to retaining them after the group buy.

The latter is how I understand it.

I read it to mean that you have to keep the product in your account during the group buy, but that you are free to transfer the purchased product afterwards. Why else would they have mention anything about the free items not being transferred when you sell the qualifying product?

Also how would this be applied when you purchase a qualifying piece of HW?

I confirmed on IK's Forum that if you transfer your qualifying purchase, you'll lose the freebies (and the person you transfer to won't get them either).
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Ceej wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 pm I confirmed on IK's Forum that if you transfer your qualifying purchase, you'll lose the freebies (and the person you transfer to won't get them either).
Thanks for the confirmation Ceej. Looks like I had misunderstood the FAQ and sorry if it caused anyone any grief.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”