Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
User avatar
telecode
KVRAF
1517 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:12 am

Ou_Tis wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:40 pm
Ou_Tis wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:09 pm
Vleker wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:17 am
Nspace wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:07 am
A couple of questions for those on the know about the likelihood of these two possible? BF offers:
-Lately been eyeing the possibility to get back to Cubase (from decades ago), at least to broaden some DAW possibilities, since don't have a Cubase license, my best bet will be a crossgrade offer...
Steinberg version 10 release crossgrade offer was quite good a few months ago, though I wasn't ready then. Any chance that offer could be repeated at BF?
Probably not, a new version of Cubase just launced (as usual in November) so they always have the big sales in late summer. Might be different this year but don't expect too much.
I'd guess a lot of people bought the Cubase Pro cross-grade without being very committed to Cubase, so they might be willing to resell it relatively cheaply. (I just got around to installing it today so I'd get the upgrade to Cubase 10.5 for free. It's a huge PIA so far but I'll give it at least about a year.)
Damn... they advertise Halion as being MPE compatible, but it seems the vast majority of presets do not have MPE compatible pitch bend range (instead of MPE standard +48 and -48, Halion SE has +24 and -48... even synths, WTF). My likelihood of selling this in the future just went up dramatically.
FWIW.. Steinberg do do 50% and 60% off Halion sales regularly. So if you need the full version, price it out and compare with that in mind and decide if you will want to get it.

User avatar
telecode
KVRAF
1517 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:15 am

Fleer wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:35 am
AudioDeluxe wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:52 am
Any idea if UVI will have a Black Friday sale? If so, would you be including the products that are on sale?
Yes, UVI will be having a Black Friday sale at audiodeluxe.com and we will have an exclusive deal for our customers
Thanks indeed :tu:
So is the UVI sale yet or shall we wait until end of week?

Sciurus
KVRist
57 posts since 4 Aug, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:40 am

Does the price for upgrading Analog Lab Lite to the full Lab ever get reduced? (Currently €69)

Vleker
KVRist
149 posts since 8 Jun, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:43 am

Sciurus wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:40 am
Does the price for upgrading Analog Lab Lite to the full Lab ever get reduced? (Currently €69)
I think that is a sale but I'm not sure (I have seen it a lot cheaper however)

WatchTheGuitar
KVRist
267 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:49 am

Anyone heard anything on the grapevine about when the next version of Eventide Anthology might be released? With the current deal I could upgrade for $99, but not sure if Eventide has offers on new version releases or not in which case I'd happily wait.

User avatar
everyPlugin.com
KVRist
267 posts since 5 Aug, 2015 from Up, Up in the Cloud

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:19 am

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:49 am
Anyone heard anything on the grapevine about when the next version of Eventide Anthology might be released? With the current deal I could upgrade for $99, but not sure if Eventide has offers on new version releases or not in which case I'd happily wait.

  • Anthology 1.0: 2005
  • Anthology II: 2006
  • Anthology X: end 2015
  • Anthology XI: end 2017
Kind of inconsistent.
But they always offered a comfortable upgrade path whenever a new gen. released.

fortycoats
KVRist
65 posts since 17 Oct, 2007

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:32 am

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:49 am
Anyone heard anything on the grapevine about when the next version of Eventide Anthology might be released? With the current deal I could upgrade for $99, but not sure if Eventide has offers on new version releases or not in which case I'd happily wait.
Anthology XI contains everything Eventide (apart from the upgraded 2016 stereo room). There will have to be a few new plugins released before a new Anthology bundle can be offered.

Speaking of offers, anyone know when the current sale is ending? Gonna grab the elevate bundle on Thursday if it’s still discounted.

User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
11349 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:38 am

fortycoats wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:32 am
Speaking of offers, anyone know when the current sale is ending? Gonna grab the elevate bundle on Thursday if it’s still discounted.
It goes until December 16.

fortycoats
KVRist
65 posts since 17 Oct, 2007

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:44 am

Uncle E wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:38 am
fortycoats wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:32 am
Speaking of offers, anyone know when the current sale is ending? Gonna grab the elevate bundle on Thursday if it’s still discounted.
It goes until December 16.
Perfect!
Thanks for the speedy response.

It’s almost the Anthology X anniversary here, got a great discount on that bundle from your shop a few years ago. Best money I’ve ever spent!!!

WatchTheGuitar
KVRist
267 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:25 am

everyPlugin.com wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:19 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:49 am
Anyone heard anything on the grapevine about when the next version of Eventide Anthology might be released? With the current deal I could upgrade for $99, but not sure if Eventide has offers on new version releases or not in which case I'd happily wait.

  • Anthology 1.0: 2005
  • Anthology II: 2006
  • Anthology X: end 2015
  • Anthology XI: end 2017
Kind of inconsistent.
But they always offered a comfortable upgrade path whenever a new gen. released.
Cheers, may still pick the package up in this sale then if it's potentially a fair wait until the next release.

Sciurus
KVRist
57 posts since 4 Aug, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:33 am

Vleker wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:43 am
Sciurus wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:40 am
Does the price for upgrading Analog Lab Lite to the full Lab ever get reduced? (Currently €69)
I think that is a sale but I'm not sure (I have seen it a lot cheaper however)
My impression is that the regular price used to be 29, but is now 69, but I'm not sure either.

agharta
KVRist
450 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:21 pm

fairlyclose wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:27 pm
does noiseguild have sales? - their gong library is the best I have heard, quite amazing
https://www.noiseguild.com/bundle-offer-trinity
Interesting library. They have a lot of videos and haven't found one that focuses on the core sounds yet.
As an owner of 3 gongs between 28 and 32 inches I imagine they are one of the hardest instruments to capture well.
Especially when it comes to the resonances between multiple gongs and the sense of location being disorientating sometimes.
They are quite remarkable instruments but I've never heard a recording that comes close to experiencing them in person.
This in reference to performances by masters in the field so it's not a performance issue.
The volume has to be taken into account as they have a large range.

fairlyclose
KVRist
266 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:39 pm

agharta wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:21 pm
fairlyclose wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:27 pm
does noiseguild have sales? - their gong library is the best I have heard, quite amazing
https://www.noiseguild.com/bundle-offer-trinity
Interesting library. They have a lot of videos and haven't found one that focuses on the core sounds yet.
As an owner of 3 gongs between 28 and 32 inches I imagine they are one of the hardest instruments to capture well.
Especially when it comes to the resonances between multiple gongs and the sense of location being disorientating sometimes.
They are quite remarkable instruments but I've never heard a recording that comes close to experiencing them in person.
This in reference to performances by masters in the field so it's not a performance issue.
The volume has to be taken into account as they have a large range.
thanks for your insights - good point about the core sounds and dynamic range. I also am a fan of sound in real spaces and this is deliberately recorded in an anechoic chamber to avoid acoustics of a real space. So it is a partiocular sound - which I like. Does seem a good library though - but a bit expensive
Last edited by fairlyclose on Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vleker
KVRist
149 posts since 8 Jun, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:40 pm

Sciurus wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:33 am
Vleker wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:43 am
Sciurus wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:40 am
Does the price for upgrading Analog Lab Lite to the full Lab ever get reduced? (Currently €69)
I think that is a sale but I'm not sure (I have seen it a lot cheaper however)
My impression is that the regular price used to be 29, but is now 69, but I'm not sure either.
It has been 29 for sure recently so it's not worth picking up now

User avatar
Omkar
KVRian
893 posts since 25 Dec, 2007 from Hamburg,Germany

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:42 pm

Aloysius wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:32 pm
Omkar wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:24 am
United Plugins Black Friday 60% off,
FireCobra, Royal Compressor, Hyperspace €52 & FrontDAW €20
https://unitedplugins.com/
No chat but this is important.

If you purchase a plug-in from them, they send you a EUR 10 Gift token on your next purchase. Probably $10 in Dollars. I saved an extra bit by Purchasing one Plug-in at a time.
Thanks Aloysius, I didn`t know that (wasn`t in the newsletter),
I believe to have seen UP also in shops now.
The math could be something like ... 1st plugin in shop(discount) then UP discounts ...
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W7 Pro SP1 64bit | Samplitude Pro X3 Suite

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”