Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Uncle E
KVRAF
11398 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:39 pm

Kurdish Mayfield wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:12 pm
I still dont fully understand the Waves upgrade plan; all I know is I have plugins that work great for me and they were very inexpensive. Last year as a result of info gotten here I bought Horizon for $153.. I have 20 other plugins from Waves on top of that. Looking at the upgrade path discussed here, I could get Abby Roads Collection for $153 which would give me 9 new plugins ,8 of which I would use. Is this the best way to look at Waves upgrades?
This has been the best way for me personally. Updating WUP just feels like I'm paying for something I already bought, Upgrading my bundle at least gives me a new plugin for that same money.

Uncle E
KVRAF

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:42 pm

krabbencutter wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:06 pm
Their management & marketing is an absolute nightmare imho. It's bullsh*t like this, that makes me completely question wtf is going wrong at Waves.
They kind of went off the deep end last year. I've heard from people not connected to Waves that it's because their line of live products didn't sell as well as expected. Don't quote me in that, though.

Psuper
KVRist
397 posts since 3 May, 2018

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:44 pm

Uncle E wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:35 pm
Psuper wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:18 am
I'm tempted to just get it at that price and see how it works out, its almost impossible to actually audition mics anymore -- especially if you have a specific setup, budget, or mic in mind.

People around here trust you Uncle, so I'll just ask you straight up what's your honest opinion on it? For the record I have a strong bass-heavy vocal from e2 to e4.
I will be posting audio examples soon. On vocals, you will not be able to distinguish it from the real U47. You can hear the differences more clearly on wide frequency material like acoustic guitars and drum overheads but even then I don't think you would say the NOS12 sounds any worse than the U47, just slightly more open.
Sold Uncle, I like to give my money to you anyway -- you're always very helpful around here and that goes a long way.
Cubase has won the Prize! And Reason Rack is is invited to the party again! :party:
...I now need nothing but more hours in a day.

Uncle E
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Bleulander wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:56 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:47 am
Gforce just sent this out to subscribers...

For the first time we're offering you the opportunity to purchase our synthesizers, impOSCar2®, Oddity2® and Minimonsta® at the truly impulse price of £33.33 each.
I just got a error?

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.gforcesoftware.com. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR
We have it up now:

https://www.jrrshop.com/gforce?dir=desc ... _from_date

dangayle
KVRian
1103 posts since 30 Mar, 2014

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:52 pm

Soundtoys just lost a few bucks from me, lol. I was about to upgrade to Soundtoys 5 because I wanted Radiator and SieQ (might as well upgrade fully for the offer I had). But... for $9 Little Radiator is good enough.

I've learned my lesson about bundles anyway. They're harder to flip if I tire of them and I don't usually appreciate what I have. It's better to get one plugin at a time, knowing exactly what I want it for, after demoing.
Last edited by dangayle on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle E
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:53 pm

e@rs wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:40 am
Uncle E, we desperately need that GForce synths sale @ JRR... :pray:
Thanks for asking! I only found out about it because of your message! :)

Uncle E
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:53 pm

BERFAB wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:51 am
Does anyone know if there are any further discounts available from retailers for this? JRRshop only lists the V 5.0-->6.0 upgrade. Anyone? Uncle E?
Please PM me and I'll get you the lowest price possible. They don't allow us to give automatic discounts anymore. When we were allowed to give automatic discounts, we always gave 20% off.

Patapoo
KVRist
42 posts since 15 Jan, 2019

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:11 pm

psuper says "you're always very helpful around here and that goes a long way."

Although I haven't purchased much from you, I have to agree with this sentiment.

samsam
KVRAF
3001 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:43 pm

I've bought software and hardware from JRR, shipping halfway round the world.

Highly recommended.

LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
1511 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:34 pm

Uncle E wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:24 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:53 am
Confused whether to choose Abbey Road Chambers or Plates. I already have Soundtoys Little Plate (and Valhalla Vintage Verb & Room), so I wonder if I should choose Chambers?

Came across this interesting article: https://www.abbeyroad.com/news/how-to-u ... music-2585

Based on the information in it, I feel Plates would be more suitable for my purpose.

I have the demo installed now and will experiment a bit, but any suggestions on this?
Make sure to pay attention to the CPU usage as you're demoing them. Both sound great but are also hogs.
Thank you, I indeed realized they are taking significant CPU, especially the Chambers. For all this time I was ignoring H-Reverb, but man, it sounds amazing. It has a lot of presets and is very flexible, too. I think I will forget the AR reverbs and get the H-Reverb. Light on CPU, sounds beautiful. I loved the build up feature when demoing it yesterday; can be used creatively. One last demo experiment tonight and I will be done with the selection. :)

JerGoertz
KVRAF
2661 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:36 pm

samsam wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:43 pm
I've bought software and hardware from JRR, shipping halfway round the world.

Highly recommended.
Uncle E rocks, fo shizzle 8)
A well-behaved signature.

thejonsolo
KVRAF
2480 posts since 13 Apr, 2008 from Charleston, SC

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:37 pm

Just a note to those reading...GForce...I would buy these again at this price if I had to. Absolute bargain. Some of the best synths I own. Get these...NOW! You won't be disappointed.

thagreatbelow
KVRist
79 posts since 19 Oct, 2008

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:59 pm

Am I crazy or was there not a plug-in alliance 25$ voucher this month? I want to pick up Lion and I just spent 30 minutes scouring my emails, but couldn’t find one. I could have SWORN I had one!

ATS
KVRAF
6530 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:07 pm

thagreatbelow wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:59 pm
Am I crazy or was there not a plug-in alliance 25$ voucher this month? I want to pick up Lion and I just spent 30 minutes scouring my emails, but couldn’t find one. I could have SWORN I had one!
they don't sendem in December.
my music: https://www.soundclick.com/alexcooper
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls ~ Pablo Picasso

waltercruz
KVRAF
1836 posts since 4 Dec, 2011 from Brasília, Brazil

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:08 pm

thagreatbelow wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:59 pm
No vouchers from PA in december.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”