Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
agharta
KVRian
523 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:42 am

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:53 am
frackermak wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:32 am
Is there a Waves bundle that contains Vocal Rider?
Cheers
Go to
https://www.waves.com/plugins/vocal-rider
And click on "Included In" to see the bundles it's in

This one
https://www.waves.com/bundles/morgan-page-emp-toolbox
Is the only one below $100 currently
Go to EveryPlugin and use code YNY23 and it's under $64.

User avatar
frackermak
KVRist
122 posts since 22 Nov, 2018 from UK

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:07 am

Cheers 👍
WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:53 am
frackermak wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:32 am
Is there a Waves bundle that contains Vocal Rider?
Cheers
Go to
https://www.waves.com/plugins/vocal-rider
And click on "Included In" to see the bundles it's in

This one
https://www.waves.com/bundles/morgan-page-emp-toolbox
Is the only one below $100 currently

User avatar
frackermak
KVRist
122 posts since 22 Nov, 2018 from UK

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:08 am

Thank you 😁
agharta wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:42 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:53 am
frackermak wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:32 am
Is there a Waves bundle that contains Vocal Rider?
Cheers
Go to
https://www.waves.com/plugins/vocal-rider
And click on "Included In" to see the bundles it's in

This one
https://www.waves.com/bundles/morgan-page-emp-toolbox
Is the only one below $100 currently
Go to EveryPlugin and use code YNY23 and it's under $64.

Ou_Tis
KVRian
521 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:31 am

yellowmix wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:18 pm
Ou_Tis wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:41 pm
I was looking for a good Kontakt drum library with round robins.
If you're open to non-Kontakt, I highly recommend Addictive Drums 2. It's currently on flash sale in different configurations. For $120 you can get your choice of 3 different kits (plus 3 individual percussions instruments and 3 MIDI packs). They are generally 12-16 velocity layers with 4-8 round robin per layer especially near the louder velocities.

So it's effectively $40 a kit plus MIDI. There's also a "Custom XL" for $198 for 6 of each which makes it $33/kit and covers a ton of use cases. You don't have to make your selections immediately either, you can take as long as you want.
I'd mainly prefer Kontakt to save space on my primary hard drive (sample libraries being on the secondary drive). But I should demo Addictive Drums run from my secondary drive... many Kontakt libraries have their own engines anyway, so there might not be much of a difference. The flash sale is for $120 but it looks like they do a 50% off sale every season, and if I wait until February or March it should be $74.

User avatar
Tappistry
KVRAF
1559 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:16 pm

Anyone have a PA voucher code they don't need this month? I want to pick up the VH4 plugin before the flash sale is over. :D

User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
11512 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:48 pm

You're welcome to any of the voucher codes I've received but they seem to all be tied to specific plugins (MC77, Herbert, HG-2).

User avatar
Tappistry
KVRAF
1559 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:54 pm

Uncle E wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:48 pm
You're welcome to any of the voucher codes I've received but they seem to all be tied to specific plugins (MC77, Herbert, HG-2).
Actually as it turns out, the VH4 plugin is the one that I'm more interested in. Forgot they had two different Diezel heads, and the current coupon is for the Herbert.

yellowmix
KVRAF
1559 posts since 11 Aug, 2012 from omfr morf form romf frmo

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:52 pm

Ou_Tis wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:31 am
I'd mainly prefer Kontakt to save space on my primary hard drive (sample libraries being on the secondary drive).
XLN lets you install samples/data to any location of your choosing. I have everything of theirs on my sample/sampled instrument RAID array. In a worst case scenario (for other libraries), you can try symbolic links if you're on Windows. I do this with less cooperative libraries, though it fails in some instances but that is rare, and using junctions can fix it.

Also, yes, XLN does a 50% sale periodically, the Spring sale should be coming up relatively soon.

Ou_Tis
KVRian
521 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:06 pm

yellowmix wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:52 pm
Ou_Tis wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:31 am
I'd mainly prefer Kontakt to save space on my primary hard drive (sample libraries being on the secondary drive).
XLN lets you install samples/data to any location of your choosing. I have everything of theirs on my sample/sampled instrument RAID array. In a worst case scenario (for other libraries), you can try symbolic links if you're on Windows. I do this with less cooperative libraries, though it fails in some instances but that is rare, and using junctions can fix it.

Also, yes, XLN does a 50% sale periodically, the Spring sale should be coming up relatively soon.
The issue is that the programs themselves (not counting samples) can take up > 500 MB, and that can add up. I'm a few gb away from negatively affecting my primary drive (SSD). The XLN demo said it would require 500 MB of free space on my primary drive but only seems to have taken up about 200 MB on it, which isn't too bad, but still worse than 0. I uninstalled FL Studio to help make space.

Last year the 50% off sale started on February 20th ("Spring sale"?... well the lunar new year is called "Spring Festival" in China, and that just happened...).

yellowmix
KVRAF
1559 posts since 11 Aug, 2012 from omfr morf form romf frmo

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:27 pm

Ou_Tis wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:06 pm
Grab WizTree and see what's eating up your space. I don't know what you've got but I've got a tiny mirrored 256GB primary drive and aside from many plugins there are multiple DAWs, heavy-duty apps for graphic design, video, photography, software development, and more, with plenty of room to spare. I symlinked all factory presets to my RAID 1 striped sample drive for speed. They take up more space than most people realize (especially wavetables), my symlinked presets folder is a little over 120GB, not counting big doozies like Spectrasonics and Native Instruments (which can be relocated within app). I keep my primary intentionally small so I can make and keep daily backups for several months. It's saved my ass a few times. The factory presets, which rarely change, are on a different backup schedule.

The bulk of plugin storage space though is due to raster graphics and there's no much one can do about that. Thankfully devs like u-He put all that data in a relocatable folder, many don't (or it's embedded in the executable file). XLN does require that 200mb on the primary for AD2. But honestly if you're that hard up for space it's time to upgrade or move/archive files. That's like 20 minutes of a stereo WAV recording! I don't know how you can make music with so little space unless you render straight from MIDI.

The quoted 500mb btw, is most likely for installation, counting the downloaded installer file, which would be likely deleted. So double the final storage space. Should have at least 15% of your primary drive free on Windows and more than 25% on SSDs (to reduce wear).
Last edited by yellowmix on Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan99
KVRian
769 posts since 30 Nov, 2011

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:36 am

Tappistry wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:16 pm
Anyone have a PA voucher code they don't need this month? I want to pick up the VH4 plugin before the flash sale is over. :D
Sharing PA monthly codes is not allowed anymore I think.

User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
6575 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:06 am

Ryan99 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:36 am
Tappistry wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:16 pm
Anyone have a PA voucher code they don't need this month? I want to pick up the VH4 plugin before the flash sale is over. :D
Sharing PA monthly codes is not allowed anymore I think.
I thought they just made a minimum purchase, I never saw them say you can't share them.
my music: https://www.soundclick.com/alexcooper
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls ~ Pablo Picasso

Ploki
KVRAF
1697 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:58 am

izotope is becoming like waves. :S

escalona
KVRian
697 posts since 16 Jan, 2018 from Portland, OR USA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:16 am

ATS wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:06 am
Ryan99 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:36 am
Tappistry wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:16 pm
Anyone have a PA voucher code they don't need this month? I want to pick up the VH4 plugin before the flash sale is over. :D
Sharing PA monthly codes is not allowed anymore I think.
I thought they just made a minimum purchase, I never saw them say you can't share them.
It has never been "allowed" and it has never been enforced. People still buy and sell or offer for free those vouchers just like before. If it takes 8 months to change a paragraph on their website, think how long it can take until those codes are actually linked to specific accounts... or how long it will take for them to take care of bugs... or make those plugins re-sizable... or... well, you know.
Presonus StudioOne 4.5 Pro i9-9900k Win10 Pro / Kemper Profiler / Bunch of old gear

Vleker
KVRist
185 posts since 8 Jun, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:55 am

Ploki wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:58 am
izotope is becoming like waves. :S
Explain

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”