Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
User avatar
telecode
KVRAF
1591 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:20 am

ChamomileShark wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:10 am
If it helps any, I use Kontakt to play back commercial libraries.

I use Falcon mainly for the synthesis and treatment of samples

I use HALion mainly for creating the samples in the first place. It has an autosampler so I sample some of the hardware synths that don't have presets. I do sometimes do granular and wavetables from those samples.
Thanks. That helps a lot in my understanding why one would need more than one of those products.

update.

just comparing cost of ownership based on that ask audio article. so is the below correct if one were to compare Halion to UVI Falcon ecosystem to get a rough cost of ownership of each product? The below is based on US prices (without discount) and I am comparing cost of UVI expansion instruments to Halion Olympus choir expansion)

Code: Select all

	                      UVI Falcon	    Halion 6
main app	                 $350	             $350
expansion instrument	          $40	               $100
total	                        $390	               $450


User avatar
WatchTheGuitar
KVRian
635 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:16 am

I don't know anything about Halion or its expansions, but the Falcon expansions aren't major - a lot of tweaked presets really with some samples and wavetables in certain ones. You may be better off comparing with the sort of expansions you can host in Falcon like the various UVI suites that come with several gigabytes of sample library.

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRAF
1755 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:39 am

Is $99 the cheapest Modo Bass has ever been?

escalona
KVRian
705 posts since 16 Jan, 2018 from Portland, OR USA

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:46 am

Vortifex wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:39 am
Is $99 the cheapest Modo Bass has ever been?
I believe so. I bought it some time ago at $99 and used some of the jam points to get it down to $60-some... I thought it was too much, but actually I ended up really liking the plugin and I'm today using it quite regularly, so it was worth it.
Presonus StudioOne 4.5 Pro i9-9900k Win10 Pro / Kemper Profiler / Bunch of old gear

User avatar
telecode
KVRAF
1591 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:58 am

escalona wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:46 am
Vortifex wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:39 am
Is $99 the cheapest Modo Bass has ever been?
I believe so. I bought it some time ago at $99 and used some of the jam points to get it down to $60-some... I thought it was too much, but actually I ended up really liking the plugin and I'm today using it quite regularly, so it was worth it.
Is Modo Bass better than NI Kontact Scarbee bass stuff?

Ou_Tis
KVRian
523 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:42 am

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:41 am
Uncle E wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:29 pm
Up to 67% off IK Multimedia MODO Bass, MODO Drum, and Crossgrade, starting at $99:
https://www.jrrshop.com/computer-softwa ... ate&sale=1
I'm in the UK and getting "This product is not available in your country." on the $99 modo drum crossgrade - is this really geographically limited? I'm getting a crossgrade offer elsewhere (inc IKM) but for a higher price.
Which crossgrade for Modo Drums is the $99 one? I have Modo Bass (and a bunch of other IK plugins), but when I log into IK's site the crossgrade price it shows me for Modo Drums is $199. Old thread on VI control says it used to be "199.99 crossgrade price if you have registered an IK product over $99.99".
Last edited by Ou_Tis on Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WatchTheGuitar
KVRian
635 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:42 am

telecode wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:58 am
escalona wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:46 am
Vortifex wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:39 am
Is $99 the cheapest Modo Bass has ever been?
I believe so. I bought it some time ago at $99 and used some of the jam points to get it down to $60-some... I thought it was too much, but actually I ended up really liking the plugin and I'm today using it quite regularly, so it was worth it.
Is Modo Bass better than NI Kontact Scarbee bass stuff?
Modo Bass uses emulation rather than samples which gives you endless tweaking ability for the sounds, but some people prefer samples for realism.

OneOfManyPauls
KVRian
941 posts since 17 Jul, 2016 from Wales, UK

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:51 am

Ou_Tis wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:42 am
OneOfManyPauls wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:41 am
Uncle E wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:29 pm
Up to 67% off IK Multimedia MODO Bass, MODO Drum, and Crossgrade, starting at $99:
https://www.jrrshop.com/computer-softwa ... ate&sale=1
I'm in the UK and getting "This product is not available in your country." on the $99 modo drum crossgrade - is this really geographically limited? I'm getting a crossgrade offer elsewhere (inc IKM) but for a higher price.
Which crossgrade for Modo Drums is the $99 one? I have Modo Bass (and a bunch of other IK plugins), but when I log into IK's site the crossgrade price it shows me for Modo Drums is $199. Old thread on VI control says it used to be "199.99 crossgrade price if you have registered an IK product over $99.99".
I'm just quoting what Eric/jrrshop.com posted here and the price on his site.

kelvyn
KVRian
1108 posts since 9 Mar, 2008 from netherlands

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:57 am

Ou_Tis wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:42 am
OneOfManyPauls wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:41 am
Uncle E wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:29 pm
Up to 67% off IK Multimedia MODO Bass, MODO Drum, and Crossgrade, starting at $99:
https://www.jrrshop.com/computer-softwa ... ate&sale=1
I'm in the UK and getting "This product is not available in your country." on the $99 modo drum crossgrade - is this really geographically limited? I'm getting a crossgrade offer elsewhere (inc IKM) but for a higher price.
Which crossgrade for Modo Drums is the $99 one? I have Modo Bass (and a bunch of other IK plugins), but when I log into IK's site the crossgrade price it shows me for Modo Drums is $199. Old thread on VI control says it used to be "199.99 crossgrade price if you have registered an IK product over $99.99".
Looks like a mistake from JRR as it’s now 199 crossgrade price.
Shame would have jumped on that:(

User avatar
c_voltage
KVRAF
1641 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:13 pm

escalona wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:46 am
Vortifex wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:39 am
Is $99 the cheapest Modo Bass has ever been?
I believe so. I bought it some time ago at $99 and used some of the jam points to get it down to $60-some... I thought it was too much, but actually I ended up really liking the plugin and I'm today using it quite regularly, so it was worth it.
I looked old mails - it was 109$ for me (in 2017) as crossgrade, thru audiodeluxe.

(Actually not rememeber why i grabbed it in AD, usually buy thru JRR, maybe was similar issue like mentioned above, or in those times just this lot was not presented in shop yet, due to his recent release.)

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRAF
1755 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:26 am

24 hour flash sale on Thorn today at PA, $39.99 with voucher.

eXceedingdeath
KVRer
19 posts since 30 Apr, 2015

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:04 am

Vortifex wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:26 am
24 hour flash sale on Thorn today at PA, $39.99 with voucher.
14.99 with 25$ voucher on top of it..

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
31217 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:05 am

Vortifex wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:26 am
24 hour flash sale on Thorn today at PA, $39.99 with voucher.
Yeah tempting - is it a good replacement for Linplug Spectral though - seems similar architecturally but I don't like the marketing suggestion that it is designed for 'aggressive' sounds - Spectral is a lovely subtle ambient synth, can Thorn do that too?

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRAF
1755 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:28 am

eXceedingdeath wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:04 am
Vortifex wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:26 am
24 hour flash sale on Thorn today at PA, $39.99 with voucher.
14.99 with 25$ voucher on top of it..
Do they still do those? Just checked my mails from them and haven't received any $25 vouchers this month.

Kongru
KVRian
1091 posts since 23 Feb, 2017

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:29 am

Vortifex wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:28 am

Do they still do those? Just checked my mails from them and haven't received any $25 vouchers this month.
I got one this month, I think it's based on the spend over a 12 month period. Check your junk folder.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”