Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:37 pm Big Output sale at Native-Instruments, 50% off individual expansions/engines or the Engine Essentials plus bundle of 10 expansions of your choice for £449 / 70% off.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ffer-2020/
I thought this was a good deal too until it was noted that the November Black Friday sale was a better deal for the whole bundle. 600 for everything vs 500 for no fx and only 10 expansions

Apart from Exhale 😔

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:37 pm Big Output sale at Native-Instruments, 50% off individual expansions/engines or the Engine Essentials plus bundle of 10 expansions of your choice for £449 / 70% off.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ffer-2020/

Plugin Alliance: "Any plugin! $29.99

Each of these 2 voucher codes is only valid once (1x)
They will give you any* of our plugins for $29.99 each (except for the new FRIEDMAN guitar amps). Simply use one or both of your unique voucher codes, or feel free to share your codes with a friend. That's only if you don't use them."

I was thinking of getting Vertigo VSC-2, but maybe Shadow Hills or one of the other, more expensive compressors would be better?

Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:00 amI was thinking of getting Vertigo VSC-2, but maybe Shadow Hills or one of the other, more expensive compressors would be better?
Probably best to get the newest stuff available, and pass on the things that tend to show up on their 24-48 hour deals.

Oberhausen was a no-brainer for me, but I’m stumped on what to get for the second one (if I even should get anything):

Lindell 80 Series
Shadow Hills
Shadow Hills Class A
Masterdesk
ADA Stereo Delay

That’s my short list, that I haven’t seen for cheap and/or haven’t seen come up for sale on here... period. BYOME, VSC-2, Digital_V3, and a couple others... they seem to be sold more readily.

If you want to maximize it while fighting GAS then yes, the most expensive newest plugins that are unlikely to go on deeper discount soon that you actually truly want. Or the most expensive newest plugins you don't want and try to flip them for profit. But if everyone does that then there are gonna be a lot of cheap Shadow Hills Compressors Class A for sale.

OMG
Lion ?

yellowmix wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:19 am If you want to maximize it while fighting GAS then yes, the most expensive newest plugins that are unlikely to go on deeper discount soon that you actually truly want. Or the most expensive newest plugins you don't want and try to flip them for profit. But if everyone does that then there are gonna be a lot of cheap Shadow Hills Compressors Class A for sale.
Focusrite SC is relatively new (released last summer) and priced higher than Shadows Hills Class A, and it went on sale a couple of weeks ago for effectively $25 ($50 minus $25 voucher... also, free for owners of Focusrite Red or above iirc). Though I think Shadow Hills Class A is their newest.

Shadow Hills was already on my "would consider if it ever went on sale" list. Class A seems to be considered better than the older Shadow Hills?...
Last edited by Ou_Tis on Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

They had a flash sale on Vertigo VSC-2 at the beginning of the month for $50, but it was before they sent out vouchers. Not sure if that implies they won't have another flash sale on it for a while, or whether it means they wanted to test how many people would get it at the higher (no vouchers) flash sale price point before offering it later at a lower (with vouchers) price. Probably the latter....

I got the email, but with blank space instead of voucher codes. What's up with that?

Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:30 am Shadow Hills was already on my "would consider if it ever went on sale" list. Class A seems to be considered better than the older Shadow Hills?...
It's considered a more accurate emulation of the hardware, according to Plugin Alliance. The older Shadow Hills is very old when exclusive to UAD. But the Class A hardware is technically a different compressor (modified) so the plugins are also technically different. You can look at the Gearslutz post where people compare the two thoroughly and decide which one to go with or both if you don't think they are redundant.

Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:00 am Plugin Alliance: "Any plugin! $29.99

They will give you any* of our plugins for $29.99 each (except for the new FRIEDMAN guitar amps). Simply use one or both of your unique voucher codes, or feel free to share your codes with a friend. That's only if you don't use them."

I was thinking of getting Vertigo VSC-2, but maybe Shadow Hills or one of the other, more expensive compressors would be better?
Bummer, the codes don't work for me, not getting anywhere near the advertised discount!
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:22 am

Bummer, the codes don't work for me, not getting anywhere near the advertised discount!
Are you using the codes from the No Chat thread? Whoever posted that posted their own unique codes; each code can only be used once. But if there are people who aren't going to use their codes, they might be willing to send you them.

Sciurus wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:02 am I got the email, but with blank space instead of voucher codes. What's up with that?
same with me, the one time I actually want to use the voucher they are sending
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:32 am
v1o wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:22 am

Are you using the codes from the No Chat thread? Whoever posted that posted their own unique codes; each code can only be used once. But if there are people who aren't going to use their codes, they might be willing to send you them.
I used the code from the email. The code from the no chat thread has been used.

Last edited by v1o on Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

ATS wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:59 am
Sciurus wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:02 am I got the email, but with blank space instead of voucher codes. What's up with that?
same with me, the one time I actually want to use the voucher they are sending
No voucher codes in my email too. A bug? If they don't fix that, some people might get rather angry about their sense of humor.
Music, just like tortilla, is no fun without a bit of "cheese". :clown:
soundcloud.com/vertlain

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”