Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

escalona wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:07 pm
ChamomileShark wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:15 pm re Softtube & PA..what's the opinions on the quality of softtube vs PA plugins?
Day and night, in that order.
But I much prefer the night.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

everyPlugin.com wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:39 pm
cprompt wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:24 pmAre they going to rename themselves as noteveryplugin.com?
There's a FAQ item explaining our name...
That explanation tells me that you should rename your shop.

Ploki wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:02 pm sweet. does it make PA look like a jerk?
More like Waves. Many Abbey Road Collection owners, like myself, will be switching.

simmo75 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:29 pm
ChamomileShark wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:15 pm re Softtube & PA..what's the opinions on the quality of softtube vs PA plugins?
My personal opinion is Softube are in a different class to PA, they've made some incredible emulations, check out their new Chandler compressor,Curve Bender EQ and Tube-Tech Collection.
I agree
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

looks like i better start saving up for Volume 4. oh well

Softube, Soundtoys, Eventide,.... totally diffrent class

-------------

Guess PA is like Nomad ,.. just worse

Kinda plugs that mostly end up dusty in the
Plug-in folder, not being used,..

PA especially hit by lack of substance IMHO

Cheap is expensive
HM

PA just announced ~20 new plugs for 2020, and its apparently an uncomplete list.
Lol

Am I the only one that thinks that Softube is way too expensive though? I like the ones I got with the plug-in collective and use them a lot but even on sale I find them quite expensive!
Last edited by Vleker on Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vleker wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:24 am Am I the only one that thinks that Softtube is way too expensive though? I like the ones I got with the plug-in collective and use them a lot but even on sale I find them quite expensive!
I don't understand how they can charge so much anymore. I mean years ago sure, but now...???
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Vleker wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:24 am Am I the only one that thinks that Softtube is way too expensive though? I like the ones I got with the plug-in collective and use them a lot but even on sale I find them quite expensive!
As much as I love everything Softube does, I do agree with this. I usually have to wait a year to get their plugins at a reasonable price (and still feel a little "stabby"... reasonably though)
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

I often pat attention to licensing when it comes to having more than one system. I rarely buy Waves anymore and most iLok stuff. IK, Izotope, and Melda are on every machine in the house.

escalona wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:07 pm
Day and night, in that order.
Except for when it comes to amp sims.
Even though they are nothing extraodinary:
PA>>>>>>>Softube.

Softube should actually consider stop selling old amp stuff, like the atrocious Metal Amp Room, because it harms their brand name - or at least update them in some way.... Even new stuff are hit or miss, like with the Marshall Plexi being super meh.

My personal opinion is Softube are in a different class to PA, they've made some incredible emulations, check out their new Chandler compressor,Curve Bender EQ and Tube-Tech Collection.
Not so sure because the mk2 UAD Compressors are better. What Softube Amp Sim is on the level of the Brainworx Ampegs? Can Softube tape compete with IK Tapes and U-he Satin?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:53 am
Not so sure because the mk2 UAD Compressors are better. What Softube Amp Sim is on the level of the Brainworx Ampegs? Can Softube tape compete with IK Tapes and U-he Satin?
Only one of those you mentioned is a PA plugin, not sure what your point is?

but the develop many other PA plugins
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”