Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:40 pm
Are you sure they're actually Falcon expansions and not from some other library?
Expansions are on this page
https://www.uvi.net/falcon-expansions

The only other thing I can think is happening is somehow your browser adblocker is blocking some script or something. Which would be really odd because I don't know why anyone would put that stuff client side rather than server side.
Yes, they are Falcon Expansion and no, I don't have Ad Blockers
I discovered what the issue is.
If I add them to cart while NOT logged to the website, the discount is applied.
But when I log into the website (already a UVI customer), they are priced down to 31,97 from 39 euros, but then the 2x1 deal disappears...

autodafe wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:29 am Yes, they are Falcon Expansion and no, I don't have Ad Blockers
But when I log into the website (already a UVI customer), they are priced down to 31,97 from 39 euros, but then the 2x1 deal disappears...
Send them an email. There's probably a minimum-value check in the store code that isn't taking ex-VAT purchases into account.

Gamma-UT wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:53 am
autodafe wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:29 am Yes, they are Falcon Expansion and no, I don't have Ad Blockers
Send them an email. There's probably a minimum-value check in the store code that isn't taking ex-VAT purchases into account.
Yeah could be currency/tax related, I have to pay VAT and my default is euros and I'm seeing the 2-for-1 deal applied when logged in to my UVI account.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

OK, I wrote to customer support

UnbalancedBeats wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:39 am The minimum spend is $39/€39
Vouchers will not work in conjunction with any other discount or promotional prices
Your purchase can include multiple products
Vouchers are single-use
Vouchers cannot be combined
Vouchers cannot be used for subscriptions
Vouchers are valid until May 31st
Your voucher can be applied at checkout by clicking "I have a discount coupon".
Slate's been rubbing off on them.

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:58 am Looking for opinions from folks here about NI Pharlight. As an avid deal follower ,$150 is a lot for a vst these days to me. I already have NI Komplete 12 CE and a lot of other instruments, but this would seem to cover a spot that I have a need for. I'm assuming that it wont be added to the upcoming Summer of Sound sale since its new, so I'd have to either buy now or wait a year for a discount. I'm downloading the demo as I write, but any thoughts as to when it might see a discount if I dont buy now?
There's a high probability of it being available for 50% off during the Thanksgiving sale later this year.

yellowmix wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:33 am
peakles wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:42 pm Thanks for the reply. Maybe here is not the right place to ask about it (samples forum would be a better idea I suppose?), but I am beginnig in the "sample world" and as far as I could grasp, rex2 files would be better to stretch, right? Another than that, they are already sliced and it'd be easier to create my own samples, if I got it right. Or is it something not updated anymore? Is Recycle still a good option to create / edit your own loops? Sorry for the noob questions!! (and if it's too much, I'd happly make a thread in another forum)
A DAW that can slice and also knows how to adjust the slices to tempo changes can do the same. However REX2 also has some pitching info. And if the sample provider sliced it well it saves you time and can be better than algorithmic slicing. There is also the benefit that REX2 files are compressed so take up less space. On the other hand not all samplers/plugins that accept WAV can accept REX2, so you can't for example load it into Iris 2 or Omnisphere. But if I really want that I can just import it into my DAW and bounce it.

Recycle is good if you want to create your own REX2 files, that's about it. So most benefit to sample developers. If it's for your own personal use, you can create true ACIDized WAV files (not just metadata but slice points). As of now, the only software I know that can do that is ACID itself and REAPER. REAPER non-commercial license is less expensive than Recycle.

Personally I opt for REX2 for drum loops. I can throw them into Geist 2 without slicing and get to work fast. I can open them in my DAW and they'll auto-adjust to tempo. Saves me the slicing step, and any timesaver is worth it to me.
Nice, thanks for the informative reply. Actually, I use Reaper, and will search better about this function. :) I'm really interested to dig in beat making, and your reply were very usefull, thank you again. :wink:
dzilizzi wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:16 am I believe Sound Forge can make ACIDized loops also. Both ACIDized and Rex2 loops allow for changes to tempo and key if your DAW will do it. Recycle is the only one that will make Rex2 files.

I believe you can get a version of Sound Forge on sale right now in a bundle with Samplitude 4 suite and Spectral Layers. (Note that I added bargain info to make it fit the thread) :) I haven't ever seen Recycle on sale. I bought it years ago and rarely use it. But then I don't do much loops.
Thanks for the heads up. As I have Reaper, I'll try to work through it, but it is nice to know about Sound Forge as well. :tu:
Uncle E wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:02 am rex2 files are good if you want to play the slices in Stylus or re-order the sounds in the loops. If you only want to have the loops match the tempo of your music, I personally find that it sounds cleaner using time stretching. rex2 was useful for tempo matching 20 years ago when time stretching algorithms sounded terrible but most DAW's have excellent sounding time stretching built-in now.
I plan to do my own beats, so that'd be nice. But it is really good to hear that time stretching sounds better with .wav than .rex2 files nowadays. Thanks for replying!

autodafe wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:31 am OK, I wrote to customer support
out of interest, what do you see if you add 4 Falcon expansions to your cart?
Do you then get the half price discount show for all 4?

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:44 am
Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:58 am Looking for opinions from folks here about NI Pharlight. As an avid deal follower ,$150 is a lot for a vst these days to me. I already have NI Komplete 12 CE and a lot of other instruments, but this would seem to cover a spot that I have a need for. I'm assuming that it wont be added to the upcoming Summer of Sound sale since its new, so I'd have to either buy now or wait a year for a discount. I'm downloading the demo as I write, but any thoughts as to when it might see a discount if I dont buy now?
If it ends up in K13U or K13CE and you were intending to upgrade then I guess you'd be wasting money, but it'd come down to your needs/wants.
Yup. As he said. No one knows when or if it will get added to K13. But there is a strong possibility it might be one of those NI 50% off sales. If memory is correct, NI have them in fall sometimes. I could see NI doing a big push trying to sell some of these new fancy Komplete VSTs. They are very highly priced individually for what they are. So it could go down to 50% off the full price that is listed now. No one knows though.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Pharlight is currently still on an intro offer so hard to say if they will give a 50% discount any time this year as that might be too soon!

To answer your question: it's very very good in my opinion, but you have the demo, so you probably know that by now (or maybe not!).
I just think Straylight and Pharlight are both excellent products and put pay to the idea that N.I are somehow no longer innovative.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:58 pm
Yes, what else? It's BOGOF.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:16 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:58 pm
Yes, what else? It's BOGOF.
I was asking the person on here who had reported an issue. Bog off*. :wink:

* pretty sure I haven't told anyone to do that since the early 1980's

Are you safe?

:lol: Ah okay.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:17 pm * pretty sure I haven't told anyone to do that since the early 1980's
It's sad to see how much our once fine language has become debased recently.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”