Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We now are under curfew due to the riots. Anyone outside of their homes will be arrested. Fortunately, all businesses are shut down because of the quarantine so there's nowhere to go, anyway!

Uncle E wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:19 am We now are under curfew due to the riots. Anyone outside of their homes will be arrested. Fortunately, all businesses are shut down because of the quarantine so there's nowhere to go, anyway!
Stay safe. there is looting and riots all over where I live too (Chicago). But since you're here, I just wanted to let you know what a great customer experience I had with Jesus at JRR. I had bought something right before it went on sale and I reached out to see if there was anything you guys could do and he talked to the distributor and it worked out. I'm forever loyal to JRR. Thanks.

jeffb01 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:38 am Stay safe. there is looting and riots all over where I live too (Chicago). But since you're here, I just wanted to let you know what a great customer experience I had with Jesus at JRR. I had bought something right before it went on sale and I reached out to see if there was anything you guys could do and he talked to the distributor and it worked out. I'm forever loyal to JRR. Thanks.
Thanks! That's great to hear! Jesus genuinely cares about customers, he's a great kid.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:19 am We now are under curfew due to the riots. Anyone outside of their homes will be arrested. Fortunately, all businesses are shut down because of the quarantine so there's nowhere to go, anyway!
Same here up North, Uncle E. It’s really a messed up situation: opportunists have used the situation to ransack a few high-end stores in San Francisco - likely millions of $$$ lost in theft & damage. So curfew declared in SF: depending on how it goes, curfew may be extended for the rest of the week.

Mayor Breed also requested that the National Guard be available jic.

A couple of months of shelter-in-place - followed by curfew -

So what’s your opinion of Sonnox plug-ins overall? How do they rate compared to the most modern?

LOL! It's hard for me to think about plugins right now but thank you for putting me in a better mood. :)

After all these years, I still absolutely love Inflator and Dynamics. Their Warmth algorithm just plain works no matter how old it is. Plus, in this age of photo realistic GUI's and perfect vintage emulations down to the last mismatched transistor, it's nice that Dynamics gives a very detailed level of control.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:40 am LOL! It's hard for me to think about plugins right now but thank you for putting me in a better mood. :)

After all these years, I still absolutely love Inflator and Dynamics. Their Warmth algorithm just plain works no matter how old it is. Plus, in this age of photo realistic GUI's and perfect vintage emulations down to the last mismatched transistor, it's nice that Dynamics gives a very detailed level of control.
I’m glad that I helped you do that my friend! :hug:
On some level: it pays to be slightly distracted; especially now! Anyway: I’ve done a little reading about Sonnox - a couple of their softs (EQ and Dynamics?) are apparently direct code from a world-class Sony desk that started independent life as code that ran on PT dsp farms - and then was further ported to run natively.

Very intriguing stuff! But naturally: how does what was beautiful digital code a few years ago compare to say: the extraordinary current work that is available from izotope, as one example?

On your word: I’ll have to check Sonnox out - thanks for all that you do for us, Uncle E!

It was the DMX R100. We have one in our storage unit. Sadly, the processor stopped functioning before we received it and so we've had to part it out.

I believe only those first four plugins - EQ, Dynamics, Inflator, and TransMod - were in the console or at least from that era. Everything else is newer and some things like Drum Gate, Dynamic EQ, Envolution, SupprEsser, and Limiter are quite new and stand up well against modern plugins. Limiter has to much color for me but I know a lot of professionals who swear by it.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:04 am It was the DMX R100. We have one in our storage unit. Sadly, the processor stopped functioning before we received it and so we've had to part it out.

I believe only those first four plugins - EQ, Dynamics, Inflator, and TransMod - were in the console or at least from that era. Everything else is newer and some things like Drum Gate, Dynamic EQ, Envolution, SupprEsser, and Limiter are quite new and stand up well against modern plugins. Limiter has to much color for me but I know a lot of professionals who swear by it.
Thanks for the info - interesting! Small world - you actually had a Sony DMX-R100 unit itself in your storage with a blown processing unit - I take it that cost of repair would’ve been prohibitive. But funny thing: I’ve seen people part out different things on eBay that really looked like they were going to get more money for parting out whatever it was, then selling it whole.

And you just answered my unasked 2nd question, Uncle E: assuming that the plugins that had migrated from the console were tried, true, and vetted - how do the other plugins Sonnox has created independent of the DMX-R100 rate?

Sounds like Sonnox overall is in the upper echelon of the plugin universe.

Hi Eric,
Uncle E wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:06 am Up to 40% off Wave Arts, now $99 each or $299 for the Power Suite 6 bundle:
https://www.jrrshop.com/wave-arts?dir=d ... _from_date
You don't sell upgrades of Wave Arts plugins, right?

I'm afraid not.

Greenstorm33 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:12 pm Has anybody successfully bought anything from UVI recently? I nabbed a couple of Falcon expansions today and the "register on iLok account" button doesn't seem to be doing anything. It just spins for a second and then goes back to the way it started and the licenses are not added to my account. I tried Firefox and Chrome (factory settings/no extensions) and neither works.

Hey I had the same issues registering my product on uvi. I contacted the uvi support and they said that there's a problem with the ilok servers and will fixed soon. If not soon, then the uvi support will manually register it for us.

kavin2134 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:48 am
Greenstorm33 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:12 pm Has anybody successfully bought anything from UVI recently? I nabbed a couple of Falcon expansions today and the "register on iLok account" button doesn't seem to be doing anything. It just spins for a second and then goes back to the way it started and the licenses are not added to my account. I tried Firefox and Chrome (factory settings/no extensions) and neither works.

Hey I had the same issues registering my product on uvi. I contacted the uvi support and they said that there's a problem with the ilok servers and will fixed soon. If not soon, then the uvi support will manually register it for us.
I had similar issues viewing my account at Soundtoys. I'd say the issue is on PACE's end.

ere2learn wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:42 pm Last 2 days to grab some,end of an era :(

Sample Magic - 70% off everything

https://www.samplemagic.com/

We're closing down our website soon, as we are now amalgamating further into the Splice
family.

To thank you all we've got 70% off everything on our site until the end of May! Don't miss out.
I wonder, was there a reason why the possibility to buy packs disappeared suddenly last night even though it was still the 31st and well before midnight? I was browsing stuff, adding packs to the basket and suddenly everything disappears. Upon clicking on anything it said "There are no products in the *Samples/ Patches / whathaveyou* category to display.", "error" on other pages, except the charts which were showing stuff. When trying to put somehing in the cart from the chart list it just said "error - Release is not available". :-P :tantrum:

InkSFX wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:40 am
ere2learn wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:42 pm Last 2 days to grab some,end of an era :(

Sample Magic - 70% off everything

https://www.samplemagic.com/

We're closing down our website soon, as we are now amalgamating further into the Splice
family.

To thank you all we've got 70% off everything on our site until the end of May! Don't miss out.
I wonder, was there a reason why the possibility to buy packs disappeared suddenly last night even though it was still the 31st and well before midnight? I was browsing stuff, adding packs to the basket and suddenly everything disappears. Upon clicking on anything it said "There are no products in the *Samples/ Patches / whathaveyou* category to display.", "error" on other pages, except the charts which were showing stuff. When trying to put somehing in the cart from the chart list it just said "error - Release is not available". :-P :tantrum:
+1, I wanted to grab some 15, 20 products in that sale, alas, I was too late...

Sample Magic is/was a UK company so I guess the sale ended midnight UK time. It appears that they sold the rights to their assets to Splice so that deadline was likely a hard, legal one.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”