Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mgw38 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:07 pm Sample Magic is/was a UK company so I guess the sale ended midnight UK time. It appears that they sold the rights to their assets to Splice so that deadline was likely a hard, legal one.
Yeah, I forgot to mention it wasn't past midnight UK time. When this happened it was something around 9.30pm or so in the UK. But yeah, that was the only thing I thought of as well that it wasn't a hard deadline and they just ran the functionalities down or something - although, I don't see why they'd do this. There also was no mention of something like this happening in their messaging to my knowledge. Just would have hoped they'd had a flowing/forgiving deadline until the next day as they are closing down, and not the other way around. Also would not make sense even if the rights had already shifted to NY since the day was even earlier over there. Oh well...

kavin2134 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:48 am
Greenstorm33 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:12 pm Has anybody successfully bought anything from UVI recently? I nabbed a couple of Falcon expansions today and the "register on iLok account" button doesn't seem to be doing anything. It just spins for a second and then goes back to the way it started and the licenses are not added to my account. I tried Firefox and Chrome (factory settings/no extensions) and neither works.

Hey I had the same issues registering my product on uvi. I contacted the uvi support and they said that there's a problem with the ilok servers and will fixed soon. If not soon, then the uvi support will manually register it for us.
I bought a couple of Falcon expansions earlier and managed to activate them with iLok fine so I'm guessing the issue's fixed.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Hello, re: fanatical deal posted on no chat. can anyone confirm, it's a legit company? the SF deal is tempting but seems like a pretty old version of SF. They are at SF 14.x and the deal from magix is for SF 13.x. Fanatical is offering SF 12.x
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

fanatical.com / focus multimedia ltd are a legit company. I don't know the owners directly, but I have known the son for nearly two decades now, and he works there. He's one of the straightest shooters I've ever come across in business.

telecode wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:17 pm Hello, re: fanatical deal posted on no chat. can anyone confirm, it's a legit company? the SF deal is tempting but seems like a pretty old version of SF. They are at SF 14.x and the deal from magix is for SF 13.x. Fanatical is offering SF 12.x
Fanatical is a legit company. I can't make any comments on the deal, but I've bought games/bundles from them before without any issues. They used to be called Bundle Star prior to November 2017.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^^^
Sound Forge Pro 13 and 14 I believe includes Spectral Layers 6 and version 7 when it is released. Too bad SF PRo 12 does not. https://www.magix.com/us/music/sound-fo ... -forge-pro

I hope that SF Pro 13 goes on sale at Humble Bundle soon.

sqigls wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:43 am i'm still kicking myself i missed the $19 Echoboy sale last year :(
Posted Apr 11 2019

How did I miss the $19 sale?
Hmm, perhaps it was the jr. version that was being offered?
Does anyone know this?

So what is the lowest sale price ever for Echoboy?

Fanatical provide a code which you redeem with Magix so you know it's kosher.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:01 pm
sqigls wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:43 am i'm still kicking myself i missed the $19 Echoboy sale last year :(
Posted Apr 11 2019

Does anyone know this?

I don't know for sure, but EchoBoy Jr. was offered for free as part of any purchase in December 2016.

Echoboy was $120 during their Black Friday sale in 2018.

I did find a reference that Echoboy was on sale for $49 with their Spring Sale that finished on April 11, 2019: https://www.magneticmag.com/2019/04/att ... -the-year/

I'm thinking that if there was a $19 sale, it would be for EchoBoy Jr., but I can't seem to find any reference in my email for a sale or online.

Talking about Soundtoys deals, some of us did get a very good upgrade deal/sale to the full Soundtoys 5 suite a few years ago. Towards the end of 2015, over a 4 week period, Soundtoys offered 4 of their plugins for anywhere from $1 to $10000 as part of a donation to support Migrant Offshore Aid Station (MOAS): https://www.soundtoys.com/moas-2/. They raised over $220,000 and all proceeds when to the MOAS. There was a different plugin available every week and included Little Radiator, Little PrimalTap, Little MicroShift and Devil-Loc of the 4 weeks.

For those that got all 4 plugins (possibly at a minimum $1 donation), plus all freebies offered to that point, the upgrade offer to get Soundtoys 5 in July 2016 was around $100-$120 (and possibly lower). I only had 3 of the four plugins from the MOAS campaign plus a few other freebies and I paid $135.00 for the upgrade.

Since then, Soundtoys have added all plugins that have been released since then for free to those that own the suite, so I've not actually spent any money on Soundstoys since (and I've gotten a few extra freebies too).

epiphaneia wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:55 am
InkSFX wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:40 am
ere2learn wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:42 pm Last 2 days to grab some,end of an era :(

Sample Magic - 70% off everything

https://www.samplemagic.com/

We're closing down our website soon, as we are now amalgamating further into the Splice
family.

To thank you all we've got 70% off everything on our site until the end of May! Don't miss out.
I wonder, was there a reason why the possibility to buy packs disappeared suddenly last night even though it was still the 31st and well before midnight? I was browsing stuff, adding packs to the basket and suddenly everything disappears. Upon clicking on anything it said "There are no products in the *Samples/ Patches / whathaveyou* category to display.", "error" on other pages, except the charts which were showing stuff. When trying to put somehing in the cart from the chart list it just said "error - Release is not available". :-P :tantrum:
+1, I wanted to grab some 15, 20 products in that sale, alas, I was too late...
Yeah I'm in the same situation, I went to grab one of the vocal packs after making up my mind thinking it'd last until midnight central time at least but nope.. Splice was too much of an inconvenient clusterfuck to sign up for so I gave up. Couldn't even find a way to browse Splice's database to see if the Samplemagic pack that I wanted was now being sold there. I also could not get the SM1MNTH code working and it forces me to take the 14 day trial which it'll autobill my paypal after that...

I've noticed another UK Based company, Sampleism cuts off their sales well before their local midnight as well. Missed a few good sales because of my damn last minute decision making mind. They even have a sale timer on that website so it was very disappointing.

timbit2006 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:36 pmSplice was too much of an inconvenient clusterfuck to sign up for so I gave up. ....... I also could not get the SM1MNTH code working and it forces me to take the 14 day trial which it'll autobill my paypal after that.
I had a similar experience and wasn't sure if the code had worked so I emailed them and they confirmed that the code had been applied.
After 15 days I logged in and it showed that I had the free month on top of the 14 day trial.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:01 pm
Posted Apr 11 2019

Does anyone know this?

Checked my records, I got EB Jr for $19 on 07/31/2018...it was on sale for $29 with a coupon SPF 10.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”