Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

v1o wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:41 pm
Insanelysane wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:16 am
Amazing! Thats super useful to know, thanks. One sneaky thought is - could one buy multiple upgrades at the discounted price it is now and use them in consecutive releases? Probably, why would you, probably not..?
e@rs wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:00 am The discounted upgrade price is available each year at least once, so why on Earth would you buy multiple times now?
Yes. Steinberg could even drop the product or switch to a subscription model like Adobe did, while you're sitting on a pile of unregistered Cubase upgrades. Going back in history after Cubase VST5 they discontinued that product and brought out Cubase SX, which was a whole new product based on new code borrowed from Nuendo.
but , as I recall, Steiny still provided discount upgrades to go from VST5 to Cubase SX. I think they realized they'd programmed themselves into a corner and VST 5 couldnt go forward.

Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:50 pm So if we have Cubase 10.5 would it be a good idea to buy the update now to use when 11 comes out?...
you can do that or wait it out for 11.5. i personally prefer the .5 releases. i feel they have more bugs irons out of them.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:06 pm ^^^

The way I understand it is if you did not activate (nor download?) your 10.5 you would have been eligible for a free Cubase 11 during the upcoming grace period.

My guess is that Cubase 11 will be release in November 2020.
Ah, and get Padshop 2, well and much more!
FWIW.. this was how i upgraded to 10.5 pro last year. i bought the license on sale, and then waited for 10.5 to come out to activate. it works fine. just dont lose your activation code. :-)

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:53 am

The way I understand it is if you did not activate (nor download?) your 10.5 you would have been eligible for a free Cubase 11 during the upcoming grace period.

FWIW.. this was how i upgraded to 10.5 pro last year. i bought the license on sale, and then waited for 10.5 to come out to activate. it works fine. just dont lose your activation code. :-)
I guess you mean you had 9.5 already activated, bought the update from 9.5 to 10 during the summer sale, and waited to activate it until 10.5 came out.

Has anyone had version x already activated, bought the update from x minus .5 to x during the sale, and then waited to activate it until after x+.5 came out?

Now I'm leaning towards waiting for 11.5 to update from 10.5, but I'm still curious if getting the sale price for updating from 10.5 to 11 is an option.

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:59 am
telecode wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:53 am

I guess you mean you had 9.5 already activated, bought the update from 9.5 to 10 during the summer sale, and waited to activate it until 10.5 came out.

Has anyone had version x already activated, bought the update from x minus .5 to x during the sale, and then waited to activate it until after x+.5 came out?

Now I'm leaning towards waiting for 11.5 to update from 10.5, but I'm still curious if getting the sale price for updating from 10.5 to 11 is an option.
no. i was on cubase le which didnt use a dondle. upgraded to 10.5 pro and dongle.

it pretty much all comes down to how long you want to give yamaha/steinberg your money without accepting the product. do you care if they have your money and you don't get your product until 6 to 12 months later? if you don't, then it doesn't matter really. in my case, i just wanted to wait because i believe 10.5 might be more stable. not sure that is entirely the case.

maschinelf wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:55 pm Thanks aMUSEd .. do you usually buy the upgrade from jrrshop?
The upgrade trick works with upgrades purchased from JRR Shop. We have a lot of customers who do that.

Thanks Eric. Have you ever encountered a situation where the code has been invalid or not worked for some reason, a few months after purchase? How would you deal with it in such a case?

[hardware]
4th of july discounts at Fulltone pedals.
https://store.fulltone.com/

Does anyone here use EastWest Goliath? Do you recommend it? Thanks in advance.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:57 am Does anyone here use EastWest Goliath? Do you recommend it? Thanks in advance.
I have it as part of my annual Composer CloudX sub. Never use it. It's a bloated ROMpler with a very scattershot bunch of instruments and I have IK SampleTank MAX with Miroslav Philharmonik which beats it on every level.

On a wider note, I got the Composer Cloud sub in October last year to give me a year to work out what packs I want to buy and the answer is none. There's nothing I use regularly and nothing I'll miss. Obviously YMMV and I know some people love their stuff.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:28 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:57 am Does anyone here use EastWest Goliath? Do you recommend it? Thanks in advance.
I have it as part of my annual Composer CloudX sub. Never use it. It's a bloated ROMpler with a very scattershot bunch of instruments and I have IK SampleTank MAX with Miroslav Philharmonik which beats it on every level.

On a wider note, I got the Composer Cloud sub in October last year to give me a year to work out what packs I want to buy and the answer is none. There's nothing I use regularly and nothing I'll miss. Obviously YMMV and I know some people love their stuff.
Perfect, appreciate your frank opinion. :tu: Need to be cautious before jumping on deals on such "old" products. I think I will be better off without EastWest products.

Maybe I should get Sonic Academy ANA 2? I need to get something. It's been a few weeks now. :lol:

maschinelf wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:16 am Thanks Eric. Have you ever encountered a situation where the code has been invalid or not worked for some reason, a few months after purchase? How would you deal with it in such a case?
I have not encountered a situation where a code has been invalid. If it ever happens, I’ll be able to fix it. Please PM me directly if it happens.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:34 am Maybe I should get Sonic Academy ANA 2? I need to get something. It's been a few weeks now. :lol:
If you've already got Voltage Modular I'd recommend grabbing the Vintage Voice and Vector bundles while they're on sale at $39 each and the awesome MS Vintage (Korg MS-20 style) bundle for $29.

If you haven't got Voltage Modular, then get that! It's endless fun making patches. It's like musical Minecraft.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:58 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:34 am Maybe I should get Sonic Academy ANA 2? I need to get something. It's been a few weeks now. :lol:
If you've already got Voltage Modular I'd recommend grabbing the Vintage Voice and Vector bundles while they're on sale at $39 each and the awesome MS Vintage (Korg MS-20 style) bundle for $29.

If you haven't got Voltage Modular, then get that! It's endless fun making patches. It's like musical Minecraft.
Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I don't have Voltage Modular and don't get along too well with modular synths in general. :( Also, I already have Reaktor 6 with Blocks stuff, so I could use that if I wanted to.

The only modular-type synth I like so far is UA LION, because it is not too-modular.

Uncle E wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:45 am I have not encountered a situation where a code has been invalid. If it ever happens, I’ll be able to fix it. Please PM me directly if it happens.
Thanks!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”