Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Psuper wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:28 pm
c_voltage wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:47 pm Omg omg Khz Multipass for $29 :party:
https://store.dontcrack.com/product_inf ... ts_id=2478
Hows it compare to Triad (Byome)? Triad is freaking killerbawlz.
Actually similar thing, but i very liked Khz modulation system, though i'm not compare all mod. nodes by functionality (i think it's near to the same set - lfo\sc\env\multiconnect etc), but - the character of modulation by itself (maybe frequencies range ? again i did not compare face to face yet) i found once in Multipass\SnapHeap as something special, i advise try it, especially mod. reaction at high freq rates.
And secondly - it's up to 5 bands (vs 3 in Triad)
And very low cpu usage.

Upd: please do not think that I do not like the modulation system in UA, no - it's very cool as well, but it seemed to me that there is some interesting difference between how it react\work with a signal.

Upd2: Speech only about modulation character, nothing about included effects. So need both.
Last edited by c_voltage on Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JerGoertz wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:37 pm
Does this come with any extra snapins (other than the 5 freebies)? Can't tell from the website info.
No, just Multipass as i understand.

I’m not interested in the Khz stuff, but it has reminded me it’s about time I watched Fifth Element again. Mul-tee-pass!

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

c_voltage wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:48 pm
Psuper wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:28 pm
Hows it compare to Triad (Byome)? Triad is freaking killerbawlz.
Actually similar thing, but i very liked Khz modulation system, though i'm not compare all mod. nodes by functionality (i think it's near to the same set - lfo\sc\env\multiconnect etc), but - the character of modulation by itself (maybe frequencies range ? again i did not compare face to face yet) i found once in Multipass\SnapHeap as something special, i advise try it, especially mod. reaction at high freq rates.
And secondly - it's up to 5 bands (vs 3 in Triad)
And very low cpu usage.

Upd: please do not think that I do not like the modulation system in UA, no - it's very cool as well, but it seemed to me that there is some interesting difference between how it react\work with a signal.

Upd2: Speech only about modulation character, nothing about included effects. So need both.
Thanks cv, Triad is just so great for the way I work, its interface and workflow gels well with my thinking -- and it also extremely efficient with the cpu.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:29 pm Thanks cv, Triad is just so great for the way I work, its interface and workflow gels well with my thinking -- and it also extremely efficient with the cpu.
Well yes, moreover it has couple cool effects onboard, what lack in snap-ins set which are more focused on clean design, and there is some gap in the time manipulation factor (without affecting the pitch for example) - where UA is bomber.

This is a phenomenal deal for anyone who uses Omnisphere 2. I own the whole thing and I love it.
tomwolfe wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:00 pm Hey everyone!

For 72 hours only, my Omnisphere Collection is available for just £74.99! Featuring 900 cinematic presets worth £175, this bundle contains all of my sound banks for Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2, including Fractal Pt. 2 and Atomos.

The flash sale ends at 23:59 BST on 27th September, so act quick! More info @ https://www.tomwolfe.co.uk/omnisphere-collection
If a sticky had been put on a sales thread for soundware and samples, I'd have commented there. (And maybe Tom Wolfe would have posted there instead of the main thread? Just a theory.)
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Looks like JRR Shop is down again.

...nm
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

SHall1000 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:33 am Looks like JRR Shop is down again.
Seems to be OK for me right now ... it was out (for me) for a little while last night, but I saw some unusual problems on a couple other sites too so it might not have been their fault.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

For me it’s loading for now. And I had a transaction that went through okay yesterday

Edited.
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:30 am
Am I right that you only get 6 really basic fx for making your own presets with it and have to pay up to 29 quid each for the rest? Seems like a crappy deal even for £29. Much better to wait for Triad to go on sale or buy HY-MBMFX2.
it seems that the factory presets load the snapins that you don't have, but you can't edit them.
also from third party stuff..

i was always tempted to buy this one. it still a great thing. the snapins, are a lot of the time in sale.

it is crowded in this area, or crowded, blue cat, with vst plugins you have, MXXX/MXXXCore (last one with the melda plugins you have that work in MXXX, and have most melda plugins, and at black friday; all). triad of course, with 40 effects or so. i have triad also..

and more, that can do it.

so i will skip the sale because, personal decision, MXXXCore is more powerfull, in my case, most "modules" work, only a few i don't have yet. but plenty, and with all the melda goodies..

but for people that do not like melda.., or blue cat. it is an alternative. the snapins can also be used as vst plugins by the way.

it is not that bad of a deal. but triad is the cheapest option, when it comes in sale.. and all effects are there, and triad has some great effects..

Vortifex wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:30 am Am I right that you only get 6 really basic fx for making your own presets with it and have to pay up to 29 quid each for the rest? Seems like a crappy deal even for £29. Much better to wait for Triad to go on sale or buy HY-MBMFX2.
khs stuff is a "pick your moment" buy imo - in isolation it's not always a great deal, but snapins (fx) go on sale for cheap regularly and they work within their phase plant synth too.

I bought phaseplant professional for $166 in a BF sale, which included most of the snapins a while back but multipass gives them a new lease of life for me outside of phase plant.

There is a free non-multiband host for multiple snapins too called snapheap, which includes the same 6 snapins as multipass: eq/chorus/delay/stereo/gain/limiter. As noted above, snapins work as stand alone plugins too.

Edit, nvm not interested

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”