Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mgw38 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:48 am
simmo75 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:04 am
Uncle E wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:49 am iZotope makes it cheaper to upgrade from the latest versions. However, if you wait long enough, the upgrades fold together, such as the case with the Music Production Suite Upgrade from Advanced, MPS 1-2, and MPB (they're really all just upgrades from Advanced).
Hi Unc,
I just received my IZotope MPS 4 upgrade and there’s 3 serials, 2 look like iLok codes, presuming they’re the EA reverbs.

How do I get the Groove3 code?
It‘s a bit hidden but you have to go through a registration on the iZotope site:

https://www.izotope.com/en/lp/redeem/mps/mps-4.html
Does it also include melodyne 5 essential?

^^^

Melodyne is a Celemony product.

Since we are on the subject when might a discount sale of the Melodyne V4 to V5 update happen?

Yep Melodyne is from Celemony, but the essential version had been bundled with izotopes's music production suite. I was just wondering if that was still the case.

Christian_D wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:32 am Yep Melodyne is from Celemony, but the essential version had been bundled with izotopes's music production suite. I was just wondering if that was still the case.
It is bundled with Neutron, so as the Suite includes that it is included.
After you register Suite, you will find the Melodyne serial number in your account, which you register with Celemony.

Thanks for the info agharta !

yeah Melodyne Essential definitely comes with Neutron, but you have to register it and get a code from iZotope and then you have to claim it on Celemony. It wasn't the most intuitive process, but a couple of google searches will help you out.

gondii wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:27 pm yeah Melodyne Essential definitely comes with Neutron, but you have to register it and get a code from iZotope and then you have to claim it on Celemony. It wasn't the most intuitive process, but a couple of google searches will help you out.
Interesting!
I already own Melodyne so I assume I can sell this on.
Off to research a price.. :phones:

Well, I see you speaking about iZotope and minutes ago I recieved this email ("Upgrade to Ozone Pro"):

"Ozone Pro is our latest version of Ozone, which is now available exclusively in the new Music Production Suite Pro subscription. It includes everything in our flagship Ozone 9 Advanced software, plus—as long as you are subscribed—you will continue to receive new features and version upgrades as soon as they are ready".

I don't know about you, but it made me sick. I was thinking on going for upgrades with them, but I will spend my money on other more ethical developers.

simpleviajero wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:31 pm Well, I see you speaking about iZotope and minutes ago I recieved this email ("Upgrade to Ozone Pro"):

"Ozone Pro is our latest version of Ozone, which is now available exclusively in the new Music Production Suite Pro subscription. It includes everything in our flagship Ozone 9 Advanced software, plus—as long as you are subscribed—you will continue to receive new features and version upgrades as soon as they are ready".

I don't know about you, but it made me sick. I was thinking on going for upgrades with them, but I will spend my money on other more ethical developers.
I don't see anything unethical about this. It's just another scheme for developers to monetize their software. Just because subscribers get the latest updates/upgrades or exclusive features doesn't mean perpetual licenses will be abandoned.

I remember a bunch of people freaking out and selling their licenses when Plugin Alliance started offering subscriptions. But did anything change for those who prefer to purchase perpetual licenses?

FWIW, I am not interested in software subscriptions and likely never will be.

The SOB's! I just upgraded to Music Production Suite 4 two days ago.

Pro seems to be identical to Advanced. I see no differences on their site.

Cloud subscriptions aren't going to go away now, too many hitched to that cart. I'm good with it if the devs still bring out the same stuff for purchase and don't overprice that to steer people to cloud.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

gondii wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:27 pm yeah Melodyne Essential definitely comes with Neutron, but you have to register it and get a code from iZotope and then you have to claim it on Celemony. It wasn't the most intuitive process, but a couple of google searches will help you out.
Hey thanks, yeah after some clicking around I think I’ve got a grasp on the whole procedure. I guess technically it comes with Nectar which makes sense, since it’s a vocal plugin.
Also seems all of the plugins in the Suite are now being labeled “pro” as to denote their new subscription. Which I won’t touch with a ten foot pole. How are they going to handle updates for MPS is the question for me. Will it be the end of the line? If I start projects now will I have to sub just to get native Apple m1 silicon support down the road a bit? I would say that’s going to be the case. If I go for MPS4 it will probably be the last iZotope I’ll buy if they don’t offer non-subscription updates.
Sorry for droning on & not directed at you gondii ;) Thanks again

The Native Instruments 9 for $99 Maschine Expansions/Samples/Synth presets deal expires March 10th.

The "big difference" is that you can select 9 expansions from ANY of the 40 or so expansions (instead of a pre-made bundle from NI).

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/c ... 9-special/

I have the original two "9 for $99" deals NI did in, I think, 2015 and 2017.

It looks as though NI has released about 20+ new Maschine 'expansions' since then.

Any opinion on these newer expansions? Must haves, genre specific goodies/baddies, etc. type comments?

The newest expansions are not included in the sale.

Perhaps this means the 9 (or 8 according to another NI user) will be in Komplete 14?

[EDIT: Update]
Just learned on the NI forum that all of these expansions are in Komplete Ultimate "Collector's Edition" except the following 9 expansions. Per NI forum user ShelLuser:

Electric Vibe
Resonant Blaze
Prospect Haze
Helios Ray
Radiant Horizon
Crystal Daggers
Black Arc
Dark Pressure
Certified Gold (one user stated this EXP is actually in K13)

I stopped NI Komplete Ultimate at 11, so, not sure what included in K12?

NI thread:https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ne.449461/
Last edited by wfm on Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

edit: I can't read
Last edited by Greenstorm33 on Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”