Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:17 am AIR Music Structure 2 and Strike 2 are currently only $15 each. Probably their best price?

I wonder if Structure 2 is worth getting if you already have Xpand 2 (and Kontakt)?

Also, any particular advantages of getting Strike 2 if you already have EZD2, SD3, AD2, Battery 4?

My intuition says they might remain unused, but I am seeing that I can complete my AIR Music instruments collection (most) and get done with them. :ud:
It am almost certain it is the best price for Structure by at least $10. I think Strike has been this price before (I already own it, so it must have been).

My understanding is Structure 2 is a major step up from Xpand!2. Xpand is workstation synth, where Structure is a 128 level multi-timbral sampler. I just bought Structure, so I will let you know the difference in a few hours after the 30+ GBs are done downloading.

As for Strike, if you already own those other Drum VSTs, then you are probably not going to use Strike. It has a fast workflow, using the key change system and the samples do sound very good, but you already have the best of the best.

BBFG# wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:23 pm
courtjestr wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:05 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:14 am
courtjestr wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:31 am
gerk wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:07 am Can anyone confirm if AIR Structure works on the current version of Windows 10? There seems to be some conflicting information.
Well https://support.pluginboutique.com/hc/e ... nload-Area does not have a download for a Windows version of Structure so I would assume not.
AIR website says it works on Windows 10:

https://www.airmusictech.com/product/st ... quirements
Looks like they removed the iLok requirement for the standalone version of Structure. I have Structure under Air Instrument Expansion Pack 3 Complete, which still uses iLok. I believe the download for Structure from that pack contained a really old version of iLok which caused major problems. That is probably why there is no download for Windows in the link I posted.

That said, I do have Structure installed and it is running fine under the latest version of Windows.
That's misleading. What they removed was the key (dongle), not the iLok. It still installs the PACE software, which is the same for all iLok systems.
Thanks for clarifying that. I wonder then why PluginBoutique is still not offering a Windows download for Structure. They removed the Windows downloads because some Air and Sonivox plugins were installing old versions of Pace that were not compatible with Windows 10.

courtjestr wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:02 pm
BBFG# wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:23 pm
gerk wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:07 am Can anyone confirm if AIR Structure works on the current version of Windows 10? There seems to be some conflicting information.
Well https://support.pluginboutique.com/hc/e ... nload-Area does not have a download for a Windows version of Structure so I would assume not.

Looks like they removed the iLok requirement for the standalone version of Structure. I have Structure under Air Instrument Expansion Pack 3 Complete, which still uses iLok. I believe the download for Structure from that pack contained a really old version of iLok which caused major problems. That is probably why there is no download for Windows in the link I posted.

That said, I do have Structure installed and it is running fine under the latest version of Windows.
That's misleading. What they removed was the key (dongle), not the iLok. It still installs the PACE software, which is the same for all iLok systems.
Thanks for clarifying that. I wonder then why PluginBoutique is still not offering a Windows download for Structure. They removed the Windows downloads because some Air and Sonivox plugins were installing old versions of Pace that were not compatible with Windows 10.
The current installer for Structure still contains the old version of PACE.

gerk wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:16 pm

I just bought Structure from JRRShop and it does still use iLok (the software auth, not the key). It does sound like it is an issue with an old verion of iLok that is packed with some of the installers.
I am downloading the 30+ GBs now, I will see if the installer overwrites the current version of iLok and will follow up once I am done.
OK, Got the 37GB DL'ed and installed. I can confirm that the Structure installer does NOT try to overwrite the most current iLok version (5.3.2) so no issues with breaking Windows 10. Other then some GUI wonkiness when it resizes going to the edit page and having to run the DAW as Admin the first time to build the Structure preset database, it works great in Studio One 5.

This is not a guarantee that it will not break your computer. I made sure that it didn't change my iLok files or install the offending TPkd.sys into C:\Windows\System32\drivers before doing anything else on my computer. If this is too much effort, maybe hold of on buying?

gerk wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:42 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:17 am AIR Music Structure 2 and Strike 2 are currently only $15 each. Probably their best price?

I wonder if Structure 2 is worth getting if you already have Xpand 2 (and Kontakt)?

Also, any particular advantages of getting Strike 2 if you already have EZD2, SD3, AD2, Battery 4?

My intuition says they might remain unused, but I am seeing that I can complete my AIR Music instruments collection (most) and get done with them. :ud:
It am almost certain it is the best price for Structure by at least $10. I think Strike has been this price before (I already own it, so it must have been).

My understanding is Structure 2 is a major step up from Xpand!2. Xpand is workstation synth, where Structure is a 128 level multi-timbral sampler. I just bought Structure, so I will let you know the difference in a few hours after the 30+ GBs are done downloading.

As for Strike, if you already own those other Drum VSTs, then you are probably not going to use Strike. It has a fast workflow, using the key change system and the samples do sound very good, but you already have the best of the best.
Yeah, Structure is definitely better then Xpand!2. They are some VERY nice sounds, including some more esoteric instruments and foley stuff. If you don't have anything comparable in depth, and are willing to deal with the slightest pain in the but install, I would say go for it.

Fanatical Music Bundle 2 by MAGIX

Bitdefender blocked the download of the Fanatical version of Music Maker (hosted by Magix) with an infected warning.

Hopefully just a false positive but I’ve notified Magix and Fanatical.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:17 am I wonder if Structure 2 is worth getting if you already have Xpand 2 (and Kontakt)?
Are you saying Xpand can open Kontakt and EXS24 libraries? Or are you saying that since you have Xpand and Kontakt, you might already have everything Structure can do? My guess is you don't need it.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:07 am
Has anyone received those 25 JamPoints already?
I just logged into my User Area and got a popup saying they'd been added. I believe you need to actually go log in for them to show up.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Ceej wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:35 am
Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:07 am
Has anyone received those 25 JamPoints already?
I just logged into my User Area and got a popup saying they'd been added. I believe you need to actually go log in for them to show up.
No matter how many times I log in or log out, my JamPoints stay the same. Weird...

same here ive not recieved my jam points yet.

Ah, when I went to My Products, the popup showed up. Now I have received the 25 JamPoints. Thanks IK! :)

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:10 am No matter how many times I log in or log out, my JamPoints stay the same. Weird...
djwaxxy wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:17 am same here ive not recieved my jam points yet.
Have you tried going to your JamPoints page? https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/jampoints

When I logged in a few days ago, I got this pop-up on "My Products" page, but didn't see the balance change until I went to my Jampoints page.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yeah you have to go to the my products page!

just checked structure ..it was working fine last time i checked it just loaded it up now and i can choose the sounds and play them but theres a weird graphical glitch when trying too edit the sounds.

only half of the edit page is displayed so you cant edit anything,also once you click on edit after choosing a sound you cant go back too choose another sound because the part of the edit page were you can go back is missing..so the only way too get back is too unload structure then reload structure so basically its broken now ..

xpand 2 is fine as are all the rest of my air plugins.

sound wise i prefer xpand 2 over structure ..xpand2 has more upto date sounds and they gui looks better and its easier to navigate.
structure is a very very old sampler and most of the sounds sound really dated and in alot of cases i find i need to eq and add a lot of processing to get them sound right .
it cant compete against better samplers like kontakt there sheer depth and quailty of sounds blow structure away but the other air plugins are still excellent ..i use loom 2/hybrid/vacuum alot and if i need a workstation plugin too get ideas going quickly i usually choose xpand2 because its light on cpu and the sounds are really good and need little to no processing.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”