Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gerk wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:24 pm
gerk wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:42 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:17 am AIR Music Structure 2 and Strike 2 are currently only $15 each. Probably their best price?

I wonder if Structure 2 is worth getting if you already have Xpand 2 (and Kontakt)?

Also, any particular advantages of getting Strike 2 if you already have EZD2, SD3, AD2, Battery 4?

My intuition says they might remain unused, but I am seeing that I can complete my AIR Music instruments collection (most) and get done with them. :ud:
It am almost certain it is the best price for Structure by at least $10. I think Strike has been this price before (I already own it, so it must have been).

My understanding is Structure 2 is a major step up from Xpand!2. Xpand is workstation synth, where Structure is a 128 level multi-timbral sampler. I just bought Structure, so I will let you know the difference in a few hours after the 30+ GBs are done downloading.

As for Strike, if you already own those other Drum VSTs, then you are probably not going to use Strike. It has a fast workflow, using the key change system and the samples do sound very good, but you already have the best of the best.
Yeah, Structure is definitely better then Xpand!2. They are some VERY nice sounds, including some more esoteric instruments and foley stuff. If you don't have anything comparable in depth, and are willing to deal with the slightest pain in the but install, I would say go for it.
Thanks for your inputs. :tu: I could not resist and bought both Structure 2 and Strike 2 yesterday only. Huge downloads, but the files downloaded fast.

After quick demoing, I realized that Xpand!2 sounds better and more useful to me. Also, it seems more stable than Structure 2, which is a bit buggy (GUI issue when opening edit window). However, there are some good sounds in Structure 2, especially the choir and some percussion sounds.

I liked Strike 2 a bit more. Great drum sounds. I know I already have better/modern instruments, but there are some neat features in Strike 2 like audio/MIDI record and drag/drop, intensity and variation controls, etc.

Overall, I am not disappointed even if I don't end up using them. My AIR Music collection is finally complete. :phones:

Uncle E wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:00 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:17 am I wonder if Structure 2 is worth getting if you already have Xpand 2 (and Kontakt)?
Are you saying Xpand can open Kontakt and EXS24 libraries? Or are you saying that since you have Xpand and Kontakt, you might already have everything Structure can do? My guess is you don't need it.
No, and yes. You are right, I didn't need it, but still got it. :borg:
Some good sounds in there though. Sometimes you can get inspired by old products. :)

djwaxxy wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:39 am
Agree. :tu:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D :D
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

AcrossTheSky wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:52 am :clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D :D
Hope we convinced you to buy Structure 2 and Strike 2. :P :wink:

I have strike ...but never installed it.(using GA5) Got to demo structure and see what it's
all like. I'll probably end up using only Halion 7 when it comes out so ...will see... hopefully Absolute 5 comes out soon.
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Okay, I understand. Might just be redundant then.

Please, someone PM me your Melda referral code. Thanks.

Dombaeb wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:48 pm Please, someone PM me your Melda referral code. Thanks.
PMed.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:23 pm
Both don't have Big Sur support. :neutral:
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

wangeroge wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:12 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:23 pm
Both don't have Big Sur support. :neutral:
Not too many alternatives with Big Sur compatibility currently...

That's sad. Glad to be a Windows user. Mac sounds like a PITA to me. Of course, not because these two plugins are not compatible, just saying in general.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:04 pm That's sad. Glad to be a Windows user. Mac sounds like a PITA to me. Of course, not because these two plugins are not compatible, just saying in general.
No, Mac is not pita, it's a quite comfortable environment.
The only rule is: do not upgrade your OS too early.
I'm still on Catalina and everything's fine.
Plan to upgrade in late summer time.

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:29 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:04 pm That's sad. Glad to be a Windows user. Mac sounds like a PITA to me. Of course, not because these two plugins are not compatible, just saying in general.
Yes, I do understand about not upgrading OS early, but I read so many compatibility issues related discussions that I feel Windows is way better in this regards. Everything just works. A situation where you become helpless with something is extremely rare. I have hardly ever worried about compatibility when upgrading OS (XP to 10).

Don't want to start a debate on this of course. I personally love the way Mac looks and I wish I could use Logic Pro X, as it is my favourite DAW after FL Studio. :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:40 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:29 pm
Yes, I do understand about not upgrading OS early, but I read so many compatibility issues related discussions that I feel Windows is way better in this regards. Everything just works. A situation where you become helpless with something is extremely rare. I have hardly ever worried about compatibility when upgrading OS (XP to 10).

Don't want to start a debate on this of course. I personally love the way Mac looks and I wish I could use Logic Pro X, as it is my favourite DAW after FL Studio. :)
"Everything just works" :lol: sadly nothing has worked properly for at least 20 years now.. nearly every iteration of Windows appears more broken and buggy than the benefits it adds. Its been a mess and users have had far less control over anything. Operating systems could have been so much more. If you use a DAW like Cubase like me then similarly the last 20 years have been such a slow and frustrating slog of incremental updates adding more options but taking away things that weren't broke and now kinda are!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”