Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Frankly, I hate that too, though. People should state some prices, not wait for 20 price offers, and then pick the guy who offered the most. Not really classy.

If you want to sell your stuff, name a price. It isn't difficult.

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:27 pm Frankly, I hate that too, though. People should state some prices, not wait for 20 price offers, and then pick the guy who offered the most. Not really classy.

Agreed. Super inefficient for everyone involved. I only offered a price once and it was accepted, usually I don't even bother and just close the thread and move on; regarding an individual's earlier post, I've bought a number of $200 plugins on here for $15, so depending on what he's selling he may find it was actually a legitimate offer, and maybe even generous depending again on what it was.

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:27 pm Frankly, I hate that too, though. People should state some prices, not wait for 20 price offers, and then pick the guy who offered the most. Not really classy.

Yeah prices should always be stated upfront - otherwise it's too easy to abuse.

I wonder how it's supposed to work anyway. Imagine you really get 20 people offering you a price for a plugin. You communicate with all of them, and tell them to wait and take pity on them until the bidding is over?

I know there isn't a rule that you should state a price, but, really, that auction stuff is a bit strange. Especially as noone can know how long the seller will be playing that game.

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:44 pm I wonder how it's supposed to work anyway. Imagine you really get 20 people offering you a price for a plugin. You communicate with all of them, and tell them to wait and take pity on them until the bidding is over?
Yeah, if I were to sell I'd not want to waste the time responding to all of those messages. But maybe they don't? Maybe they just take the highest offer and ignore everyone else? It's super weird, I don't really get it either. Also, what's "reasonable"? mladi seemed to be being sarcastic earlier about a user making a "generous" offer of $15 for a $200 plug as if that's somehow unreasonable and laughable. I bought the PA Focusrite for $10.71 as advertised by a user here on KVR. That's a $349 dollar plugin list price, and I have many more examples of similar situations - so if you think getting a $15 offer for a $200 plugin here on KVR is unreasonable you may want to get your head checked (again, depending on the plugin).

I wonder if this is a cultural thing. I know some cultures are more "haggle" cultures.

10bd01 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:18 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:44 pm I wonder how it's supposed to work anyway. Imagine you really get 20 people offering you a price for a plugin. You communicate with all of them, and tell them to wait and take pity on them until the bidding is over?
Yeah, if I were to sell I'd not want to waste the time responding to all of those messages.

I wonder if this is a cultural thing. I know some cultures are more "haggle" cultures.
same - i just want to sell what I am selling and make enough to cover the fees and a few dollars to make it worth my bother. The quicker the process the better all round

10bd01 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:18 pm Yeah, if I were to sell I'd not want to waste the time responding to all of those messages. But maybe they don't? Maybe they just take the highest offer and ignore everyone else? It's super weird, I don't really get it either. Also, what's "reasonable"? mladi seemed to be being sarcastic earlier about a user making a "generous" offer of $15 for a $200 plug as if that's somehow unreasonable and laughable. I bought the PA Focusrite for $10.71 as advertised by a user here on KVR. That's a $349 dollar plugin list price, and I have many more examples of similar situations - so if you think getting a $15 offer for a $200 plugin here on KVR is unreasonable you may want to get your head checked (again, depending on the plugin).
Now that you mention it, I've gotten a $349 plugin for $15 here. Of course, we all know it was really just a $15 plugin to begin with. ;)

... I bought the PA Focusrite for $10.71 as advertised by a user here on KVR. That's a $349 dollar plugin list price, and I have many more examples of similar situations - so if you think getting a $15 offer for a $200 plugin here on KVR is unreasonable you may want to get your head checked (again, depending on the plugin)...
Especially when that Plugin Alliance Focusrite plugin has been on sale for $49.99 (or 24.99 with a $25 voucher), and is given away for "free" with certain Focusrite interfaces. I also agree with you that there are many more examples of that situation.

Many plugin vendors offer some of their plugins for 70% or 80% off at least once a year and sometimes at even higher discounts and most of the rest offer 50% off at least once a year. There are a small group that are the exception like Valhalla, Altiverb, and Spectrasonics that don't offer discounts to that degree.

Do I really want to get the "Spectrum Sound Pack" to get a full Pigments 3? Please tell me.

Can I get it from somewhere else other than Arturia? I want to pay $ not €.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

It’s just presets so it’s down to how much you’d use them. I found some nice sounds and I thought it was worth the £18, but YMMV.

As for paying $, I don’t think I’ve ever seen other resellers carry Arturia’s presets so I doubt it’s possible, especially seeing how integrated their store is within the preset browser.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

wangeroge wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:23 am Do I really want to get the "Spectrum Sound Pack" to get a full Pigments 3? Please tell me.

When I bought Pigments 3 today it came with the pack and it was a flat $69 not euros like stated on the website.

SolarAxix wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:40 pm
... I bought the PA Focusrite for $10.71 as advertised by a user here on KVR. That's a $349 dollar plugin list price, and I have many more examples of similar situations - so if you think getting a $15 offer for a $200 plugin here on KVR is unreasonable you may want to get your head checked (again, depending on the plugin)...
Especially when that Plugin Alliance Focusrite plugin has been on sale for $49.99 (or 24.99 with a $25 voucher), and is given away for "free" with certain Focusrite interfaces. I also agree with you that there are many more examples of that situation.

Many plugin vendors offer some of their plugins for 70% or 80% off at least once a year and sometimes at even higher discounts and most of the rest offer 50% off at least once a year. There are a small group that are the exception like Valhalla, Altiverb, and Spectrasonics that don't offer discounts to that degree.
100%. If I don't get a significantly deeper discount here on KVR than I get on Black Friday and don't need the plugin for any projects I'll just wait until Black Friday because I'd rather give the developer the money to keep them developing.

kiloHearts Carve EQ is free with the June issue of Computer Music magazine (CM295).

wangeroge wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:23 am Do I really want to get the "Spectrum Sound Pack" to get a full Pigments 3? Please tell me.

Unfortunately, the currency seems to be set automatically depending on your location. For me, it is USD. But there was an instance when I had upgraded to VC7 using split payment where I was charged in EUR, which was likely an issue only with the split payment option. As others said, preset banks are only available through Arturia store.

lpr wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:06 am

When I bought Pigments 3 today it came with the pack and it was a flat $69 not euros like stated on the website.
After updating for free I have a bank called Pigments 3.0 with 200 presets. A lot of weird sounds. One preset is called Unicorn Fart. :roll: If the "Spectrum Sound Pack" is similar it's probably non-essential.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”