Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gondii wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:04 pm It's a lot of stuff and I am a bit temped, just because it really does seem like a very good deal. But tbh I am just kind of disappointed with the few plugins I have from them (Sample Track SE, a bunch of Syntronic instruments, couple of fx) and the installation is sooo tedious and it seems just buggy that I really didn't want to bother with IK multimedia anymore. So yeah, unsure.
I was in the exact same boat and thought I will never bother with IK, but I couldn't resist myself. For about $135 I have almost everything from IK, at least everything I would have ever wanted. I definitely did not join for the Syntronik and SampleTank stuff. Some SampleTank libraries are good, but somehow the software lets the whole thing down. I think might be worth joining in at at least the $99 tier by grabbing a cheap unregistered plugin here. But the main course it at $199.99 level, which can be had for $112 with Gear Credits + JamPoints. Sorry if I increased your temptation. :lol:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:14 pm Yeah, I was not being precise. JamPoints do help a bit, but at the end of the day there's not much gain for the hassle involved.

Group Buy is definitely worth joining. Don't think anyone needs or would use everything, but the best time to pick up some of their best stuff.
If I join at the 150 level ($95 with jampoints) I can get everything that I want alerady have the Hammond and Modo Bass and i'm not really interested on anything abut SampleTank. It's really a great deal, but as I also want the izotope RX8/9, it feels like too much money for a man from South America like me :oops: .

But I will prrobaly join :dog:

waltercruz wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:35 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:14 pm Yeah, I was not being precise. JamPoints do help a bit, but at the end of the day there's not much gain for the hassle involved.

Group Buy is definitely worth joining. Don't think anyone needs or would use everything, but the best time to pick up some of their best stuff.
If I join at the 150 level ($95 with jampoints) I can get everything that I want alerady have the Hammond and Modo Bass and i'm not really interested on anything abut SampleTank. It's really a great deal, but as I also want the izotope RX8/9, it feels like too much money for a man from South America like me :oops: .

But I will prrobaly join :dog:
That works too. Only join the tier you really need to. And then you need not sell the stuff you want(ed) to and select other items as freebies. :tu:

Just make sure that if you want to buy from Custom Shop 2 using Gear Credits a qualifying $150 item is available for purchase.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:25 pmI was in the exact same boat and thought I will never bother with IK, but I couldn't resist myself. For about $135 I have almost everything from IK, at least everything I would have ever wanted. I definitely did not join for the Syntronik and SampleTank stuff. Some SampleTank libraries are good, but somehow the software lets the whole thing down. I think might be worth joining in at at least the $99 tier by grabbing a cheap unregistered plugin here. But the main course it at $199.99 level, which can be had for $112 with Gear Credits + JamPoints. Sorry if I increased your temptation. :lol:
I don't really get "Gear Credits". Don't you only get them when you buy hardware?

But I do have 48€ jam points. Hmmmm.

I have a some of questions if you don't mind.

I hear great thing about Modo Bass and Modo Drums. In the IK thread I read that they are 299€ tier, but on the website they show up as 199€ for me. Am I missing something here?

Also it includes upgrades, right? So basically if I'm in the 199.99 tier, could I get Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE for 149.99 and then the Upgrade as a second "group buy" choice?

Wait, so if I buy 300 gear credits with my jam points, am I automatically in the 299.99 tier even though I "only" spend 210€?

gondii wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:35 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:25 pmI was in the exact same boat and thought I will never bother with IK, but I couldn't resist myself. For about $135 I have almost everything from IK, at least everything I would have ever wanted. I definitely did not join for the Syntronik and SampleTank stuff. Some SampleTank libraries are good, but somehow the software lets the whole thing down. I think might be worth joining in at at least the $99 tier by grabbing a cheap unregistered plugin here. But the main course it at $199.99 level, which can be had for $112 with Gear Credits + JamPoints. Sorry if I increased your temptation. :lol:
I don't really get "Gear Credits". Don't you only get them when you buy hardware?

But I do have 48€ jam points. Hmmmm.

I have a some of questions if you don't mind.

I hear great thing about Modo Bass and Modo Drums. In the IK thread I read that they are 299€ tier, but on the website they show up as 199€ for me. Am I missing something here?

Also it includes upgrades, right? So basically if I'm in the 199.99 tier, could I get Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE for 149.99 and then the Upgrade as a second "group buy" choice?
No, it's just a bit confusing. Gear Credits are like coupons/points to redeem in store (Custom Shop 2) to buy something whenever you want.

You are not missing anything, it's just that you are seeing your best offer price since you own some stuff already.

You cannot top-up/change the tier by purchasing twice. If you buy $199.99 item, you are eligible for $199.99 and below freebies. Upgrades are included in the selection.

First, decide the tier you want to join. Let's assume $199.99 is what you want.

Now, open Custom Shop 2 app on your computer and make sure to log in. See each tabs (AmpliTube, T-RackS, SampleTank) and click "Collections" under each. Most likely SampleTron 2 Crossgrade will be available for $199.99 under SampleTank->Collections. You can see there is a tab to switch between GC and your currency, which helps to know if you can use GCs on the items.

If so, buy 200 GCs from IK website, which should cost you about €112 after using your JPs.

Go to Custom Shop 2 again and buy SampleTron 2 Upgrade using those credits. You will effectively join at €199.99 but would have spent only €112.

Hope it helps.

Note: This great trick courtesy Ceej.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gondii wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:40 pm Wait, so if I buy 300 gear credits with my jam points, am I automatically in the 299.99 tier even though I "only" spend 210€?
Yes, exactly. Just make sure to check in Custom Shop 2 app whether there is an eligible GB item for that (299.99€) price available for purchase. Very important!

Check above post for more info. Also, note that MAX products don't count at GB entry.

Qualifying products listed here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/25gb/

Spring Goose wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:40 pm Apparently Arturia Collection 8 + SQ80 is going for $149/149euro from the Arturia site.

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... v/overview
Only as an upgrade path from V Collection

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:47 pm Yes, exactly. Just make sure to check in Custom Shop 2 app whether there is an eligible GB item for that (299.99€) price available for purchase. Very important!

Check above post for more info. Also, note that MAX products don't count at GB entry.

Qualifying products listed here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/25gb/
OK, I got it and I am probably in on either the 199 or the 299 level. My god they make everything so complicated though. Just one thing about upgrades to clarify. I can just "upgrade my way" through the group buy? Can I purchase any 199.99 item and then get the "free" Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE (normally 145) and THEN the "free" Miroslav Philarmonik 2 Upgrade from CE"?

I just checked the Custom Shop and the T-RackS5 Deluxe is available for 300 Credits and that would put me into the 299,99 tier and I'd be spending 210€ incl. tax. However if I can just use upgrades all the time, maybe the 199,99 tier would be more sensible. Maybe I should take it over to the other thread :D

Guys, there's a detailed thread for the IKM Group Buy, so can you ask the questions there instead please.

agharta wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:27 pm Guys, there's a detailed thread for the IKM Group Buy, so can you ask the questions there instead please.
yes, sorry, I just moved it to there.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:48 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:40 pm Apparently Arturia Collection 8 + SQ80 is going for $149/149euro from the Arturia site.

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... v/overview
Only as an upgrade path from V Collection
They did an upgrade deal like this before with the OB-Xa

Any working Splice promo code available?

EDIT: Found these on Reddit

1 Month free: YT2021 (works for me)
$7 USD off any plan: GET7OFF (doesn't work for me)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:41 am Any working Splice promo code available?
I got a 3 months free trial with an Akai controller. It looks like Focusrite offers it, too, so you might want to check your account(s) if you bought any hardware in recent years.

waltercruz wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:55 pm Hey people! Thinking about joining IK Group buy, but I need you opinion on a thing: as these group buys kills the resale price, for how much realistically I would able to sell Amplitube Leslie and T-Racks Tape Machine Collection?
Keep in mind that you cannot resell the free items you receive from IK as part of the group-buy and if you sell the item you purchased that gave you the free items, you lose all the free items you received from it as well.

That being said, a lot of people will most likely have what they want for now, so the resale market might be a bit down for a little while, but you shouldn't expect an huge influx of items for sale at very low prices in the future.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”