Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
autodafe
KVRian
1360 posts since 17 Jul, 2001 from Milan, Italy

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:10 am

well, I have edited my post, if it's not so clear better take it off
pls edit your quote of my message, if you wish

however, just to be clear...
I think that this is a great offer from NI, particularly on Reaktor. I won't use it because I already have most of NI products, don't want (can't) spend more money this month and eventually i will be getting Komplete.

NI should either make two different prices ($/Euros) like they always do for everything, or a single price with some conversion function, otherwise I really cannot understand why the price in $ has to be 30% cheaper than the price in euros, TBH. What kind of price policy is that?
Some people already suggested of getting an US friend to buy from them and then transfer the license to them...Would this be considered legal or what?

GreyLion
KVRAF
3072 posts since 21 May, 2004 from Deep in the Heart of Texas

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:02 am

Guys -- It's just software. None of it is essential to your ability to make good music.

Like every other vendor on the planet, NI has a perfect right to ask a price that they believe will give them the most profit, including differential pricing in different markets worldwide.

Like every consumer of non-essentials, you have a perfect right to decline to engage in the transaction if you don't like their price.

I understand why some of you are upset -- I don't much like it either, when it's in my face that somebody else is getting a better deal than me. But that happens all the time. Hell, I can't even get some of the tech toys and fast, fast, fast internet connectivity for cheap, that some of you are enjoying, because they aren't available at all in the US.

But, really -- if you don't like the deal, move on to the next wonderful one that's coming up in a flash this year. We're seeing a global price implosion of the hardware and software that we buy in our little worldwide niche market. Next time it may well be your turn to have the advantage. :)

kodama
KVRAF
1528 posts since 12 Jun, 2004 from Portland, OR

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:47 am

Yeah the EU is kinda shafted on some deals, but look at the state of the US.

We have crazy crime and imprisonment. Our economy has been on a nose dive. All of our factories have closed because we have no trade protections.

In the USA, many of us can afford gadgets and software, but not housing, education, healthy food, or health care.

If I could snap my fingers and pay 30% more for Reaktor in exchange for better access to those necessities for myself and my friends, I most certainly would.

Gribs
KVRian
904 posts since 9 Feb, 2007 from San Ramon, California

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:02 pm

I am feeling "Meh" about everything this holiday season. Maybe I am just at the point where I am pretty satisfied with my junk. Sure I could always tweak the setup and do yet another rearrangement, but that would take time away from playing. What I really want is time away from everything - a vacation - but one that is extremely relaxing - no family - no obligations - no time line - and very very long... oh and there has to be a decent piano there that I can play.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Kevin63101
KVRist
360 posts since 30 Apr, 2008 from St Louis, MO

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Sam Ash 10/31/09 Halloween deal posted on KVR bargain center was SLOW. I finally got my October order today 12/15/09 -- 45 days later.

Why? Backordered item was not ordered by them until December 1. I called twice during mid-November for status update, but I was told they would not follow up internally until more time passed. Turns out it wasn't ordered from their supplier until I called a third time on Dec 1.

Great cost saving deal ($50 off $150), but not impressed by Sam Ash service. :x

The upside is there were software fix updates released while I waited. :roll:

koolkeys
KVRAF
16117 posts since 2 Dec, 2003 from Nashville, TN

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:26 pm

Maybe the item wasn't in stock with the manufacturer? Happens all the time, and the store may get a certain date given to them that ends up not being right.

You never know really. I don't know what the item was, but if they were out of stock and couldn't GET any more, it's hardly their fault, right?

Brent
My host is better than your host

Kevin63101
KVRist
360 posts since 30 Apr, 2008 from St Louis, MO

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:49 am

...if they were out of stock and couldn't GET any more, it's hardly their fault, right?
Delays from suppliers can happen all the time with any retailer and is understandable - that would be beyond their control. However supplier had available stock.
You never know really.
This is what they told me in final email follow up. In this case, Sam Ash did not place the order with the supplier for one month after taking my order -- especially given my patient follow up at the 3 week point and telling me to call back after Thanksgiving PRIOR to following up with their own purchasing dept. It took 3 calls and 1 month until somebody did that. Even at that point, there was little rush to correct their error (took 2 more weeks to deliver).

Maybe it was just a glitch, but I thought that should have been fixed with their own purchasing dept much earlier in the process (like after my first call, not my third).

I got a great deal with general $50 off coupon, so I didn't cancel. They are successful enough they must be serving other customers better.

flugel45
KVRAF
2171 posts since 9 Jun, 2002 from East of Santa Monica

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:32 pm

Just wanted to pass on my great experience with Big Fish Audio...

And many thanks to the posters on the Xmas bargain thread who clued me in to this deal at Guitar Center/Musicians Friend: Buy VI-One for $99 and get First Call Horns for free (via rebate form).

So this past Saturday, I went down to my local GC and grabbed VI One. Late Monday afternoon, I dropped the envelope with the rebate form, UPC code, etc. in the mail, at the same time making a mental note it would take anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks before I might see the package.

Well, imagine my surprise 2 days later when I got an email with Fed Ex tracking number saying package was shipping.

It was delivered at 9:30 this morning. :hyper: :hail:

I know it helped that I live within 50 miles of the company, but that's still amazing service. A big thanks and Kudos to Big Fish Audio! :tu:

JD

gckilla
KVRist
434 posts since 15 Dec, 2005

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:54 pm

any promo codes for musicians friend around this time of year?

heffus
KVRian
1085 posts since 3 Aug, 2005 from Chicago

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:39 am

gckilla wrote:any promo codes for musicians friend around this time of year?
Check the Christmas Offers thread. I'm trying to decide who's gonna get my Christmas money, FabFilter or PSP. Love the ClassicQ, but I've had my eye on Pro-C for a loooooong time.

taoyoyo
KVRian
1160 posts since 6 Jul, 2005

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:24 pm

heffus wrote:
gckilla wrote:any promo codes for musicians friend around this time of year?
Check the Christmas Offers thread. I'm trying to decide who's gonna get my Christmas money, FabFilter or PSP. Love the ClassicQ, but I've had my eye on Pro-C for a loooooong time.
That's a tough call... already had the Pro-C but couldn't resist the PSP sQUAD... especially not at that price. I'd almost give a nod towards PSP as they'll be other opportunities to get the FabFilter at a good price?

heffus
KVRian
1085 posts since 3 Aug, 2005 from Chicago

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:33 pm

You're probably right. I've already got Timeless, Twin, and Volcano so I can always get a discount on FabFilter stuff. I'm demoing sQuad and I just love the high end and the saturation of ClassicQ. I feel a spree coming on.

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
2961 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:41 am

From the news thread:
roller wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:Best Service (europe) are having a Yellow Tools Independence Pro fire sale - 1,000 copies only at 149 euros (or 129 GBP). Looks like an incredibly good deal for me - that's a good 70GB library, and regular price is 399 Euros.

http://www.bestservice.de/detail1.asp/y ... nce_pro/en#

Better be quick - at time of posting nearly 600 gone already.
do you really think that the number 583 (nearly 600) is correct ?
The marketing just begun with this offer these days and with ads in magazines the same red badge with the same number (583) can be recognized in their ads nor the jpg of the badge is programmed to be dynamically updated everytime someone purchased the product.
Don't get trapped into advertising tricks, but buy the product if you like it, there is a free version available with 1 or 2 GB of content.
Negative with the 70GB content of the free version and the full product is, that not everyone likes the proprietary format of the samples, i.e. you cannot use the content in other Hosts! only through Ind.Pro which can act as a plug-in and a host (which is cool), but restricted. There is no sample-converter i know of to be able to convert this format to WAV or something else more regular than this "ytif" format...do you ?
I have had Independence Free for a couple of years now - imho its one of the essential free acquisitions out there. The quality is excellent. A 70GB lib of this quality is a HUGE bargain, especially given that it includes the dedicated libs Culture, Majestic and Candy.

That said, I won't be buying it as there is too much overlap with my other stuff - K3.5, Goliath, Symphobia, a raft of other EWQL, Chris Hein Horns, Omnisphere etc. But if I didn't already have a lot of these, I'd buy Indpendence Pro like a shot. I'm pretty sure it has a better core library than Kontakt, for example.

Take your point on the sales tactics of the 583 thing though - a bit tatty!
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2019 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 10.5
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

Guenon
KVRAF
1614 posts since 17 Jun, 2005

Post Wed May 05, 2010 1:46 pm

noiseboyuk wrote:I have had Independence Free for a couple of years now - imho its one of the essential free acquisitions out there.
Hey, do you happen to know how the dongle currently works? In the bargain thread it was said that the dongle isn't needed nowadays... And indeed on the product page it says "USB dongle no more required!"

However, the specific thing it says further down is: "The sound library of Independence Pro is now available as E-License version for the use without Authorization Key", and in the listed products, the USB key is described like this: "For the use of all yellow tools software products the yellow tools Authorization Key is required." :help:

Does this mean that only the library can be used without the key, and the plugin still requires it? Or is the description of the key outdated, and the Independence library + plugin can now be used without a dongle of any kind?

Edit: Found this on the actual Yellow Tools site: "since 01.05.2010 all yellow tools products are only "E-License" compatible - NO Authorization Key (USB dongle) is required anymore." So I guess that makes it clear :)

GeorgeZ
KVRAF
2920 posts since 29 May, 2009 from New Zealand

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:29 pm

Holy SH!T :shock: Thanks SO much for the heads up on the Z3TA+ deal GreyLion!
I'd give you a bro hug if I could. I've been after this for...well, years actually, and I've always bought something else when I had cash (Pred. Alch. Glad2 etc... and they're all wicked, but I've always still wanted Z3TA+)Thanks mate.

(For some or other reason I never get Cakewalk's promo emails...ever :| And I am signed up for them, since my last sonar reg... 2006.)
Eternitysound VST Banks

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”