Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vertibration wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:39 pm So if I want to sell Kontakt, but its attached to Komplete 12, and I dont want to sell Reaktor, how would I go about this?
You can only sell Komplete in its entirety.
The clue is that it consists of a single serial number.

I see, thanks. I cant do that because I love Reaktor lol. Thanks anyway

Antares not involved for license transfer, but when i reach them they allowed account takeover

Anyone know if Getgood Drums allows license transfers for virtual instruments purchased through their store? I've seen several Getgood Drums instruments sold in this forum, but those could have been purchased through Native Instruments, which does allow license transfers....

Anyone know if Izotope allows parts of a bundle to be sold separately. Mine are all individual serials so would like to know. Thanks.

Rickskii wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:07 pm Anyone know if Izotope allows parts of a bundle to be sold separately. Mine are all individual serials so would like to know. Thanks.
They have "Chat with us" feature here https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/requests/new i've done my license transfer through "chat with us" so fast!

Bloodyroar wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:50 pm
Rickskii wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:07 pm Anyone know if Izotope allows parts of a bundle to be sold separately. Mine are all individual serials so would like to know. Thanks.
They have "Chat with us" feature here https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/requests/new i've done my license transfer through "chat with us" so fast!
Thanks

Acustica Audio finally changed their transfer policy from probably the worst to probably one of the best. :-)

Transfers are now possible without fees and within minutes!!

1. Go to Aquarius Web using your web browser.
2. Log-in on your user account with your email-address and your current password.
3. Click above on "Purchased".
4. Then click on the settings icon of the product to transfer.
5. Click on the product transfer icon.
6. Accept the product transfer terms and condition by clicking on 'I agree'.
7. Type or paste the (second hand) buyer user account email.
8. Confirm the product transfer by clicking on OK.
9. Reload Aquarius web and the transferred product will no longer be in your account.
10. The new owner should re-open his Aquarius and should see the new plugins. :-)

A few remarks:
-Transferred products cannot be returned.
-Product transfers cannot be canceled.
-Product transfers are only available to customers who own a purchased product.
-Product transfers are not possible for time-limited licenses, educational licenses,
Not for Resale (NFR) copies, special, OEM, institutional, or retail bundled software.

Kirk Hunter response to license transfers:

"Technically, we do not authorize resale of our products. But this does not prevent you from doing so. Technical support for customers who purchase this way is no provided."

muLperi wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:48 pm Modartt Pianoteq license transfer costs 39 euro and becomes NFR....
Modartt apparently lowered this to $29 Euros and it remains at this price as of 2019. I found this on their forum:

"11-04-2019 06:13

Chordo24 wrote:

As I intend to aquire a preowned license: How high are those transfer fees and are they related to the version / number of instruments?
Thank you

It's 29Euro transfer fee for your license. that's all.
"

It got mentioned here that PluginBoutique licenses can't be transfered, so when purchasing Wavesfactory plugins through Plugin Boutique it's not possible to transfer the licenses anymore once they are used?

shidostrife wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:25 am Does zplane allow license transfer?
Don´t know. There´s nothing about it on their website. Still waiting for a transfer to be completed (or denied).

HKStudio wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:32 pm It got mentioned here that PluginBoutique licenses can't be transfered, so when purchasing Wavesfactory plugins through Plugin Boutique it's not possible to transfer the licenses anymore once they are used?
Unless that’s changed recently, then it’s dependent on the developer. I was able to transfer some TAL plugins through plugin boutique with no fee. That was about a year ago.

[Note, Christian at DDMF has made up for the particular no-one's-fault 'misunderstanding' described below by granting me the full V3 license. Also I want to mention that his policy is a full 30 day money back guarantee for purchases {not for license transfers obviously} and he seems to be a very fair person to work with - I had another occasion to request special support from him and he was great in that instance as well. ]

You may buy a license thinking you are entitled to a plugin with a certain feature set, and end up with a 7 year old feature set instead. I had this unfortunate experience with Christian (DDMF) when I was sold a license for Metaplugin. The situation was that the seller purchased the license in 2013 and Christian does not list version numbers on his product pages or in his store. To recognize that there is a particular version number associated with your license you would need to enter your email on his sparse "login" page, at which point a drop down box shows your particular licenses, and that's the only place where the version number appears.

Nevertheless if you transfer a license to someone, that's the version they get. So my seller wasn't aware that he was transferring me an old (v2) license, since he did not suspect that he owned a v2 product since he wasn't keeping up with the fine print. When I installed the product, it happened that it was older than the demo I had installed (which was the current version demo), so this resulted in more problems than I can describe here (plugin scan in DAW not working correctly, plugin not showing up after a lengthy scan; my not being able to figure out where the file I installed was in the plugin folder, since he had given me a very old file and not a newly modified file as would be normal, etc.)

I guess there are not that many sites that have this issue. I hadn't ever seen it. And this is not to blame them, they are not web programmer gurus, and I'm sure they are doing the best they can. And Christian did make up for the issue by at least upgrading my plugin. But to prevent one from wasting time, if its a small company (that doesn't seem to use major version upgrade numbers), my experience tells me to from now on check with the seller that they have ensured they know what version they're transferring before buying from them. Forewarned is forearmed.
Last edited by moonchunk on Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JNS WRNHD wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:21 pm
shidostrife wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:25 am Does zplane allow license transfer?
Don´t know. There´s nothing about it on their website. Still waiting for a transfer to be completed (or denied).
Yes, they do. Benefited from that already sometimes.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”