Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Update on Toontrack license transfer policy. For each license transfer, the seller will need to pay a 15 EUR administrative fee. It's not free anymore. Also, it will take as long as 7-10 business days to complete.

EINZI wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:56 am Update on Toontrack license transfer policy. For each license transfer, the seller will need to pay a 15 EUR administrative fee. It's not free anymore. Also, it will take as long as 7-10 business days to complete.
Ouch, I'm glad i managed to sell my duplicate license of Indiependent SDX earlier this week then. Wouldn't have been fun to pay 15 EUR for a license transfer of a product I accidentally bought without realizing I already owned it.

These 15 EUR will prevent the second hand sales of MIDI packs, EZkeys Expansions and EZdrummer expansions primarily, as the second hand pricing won't be as attractive anymore.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

EINZI wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:56 am Update on Toontrack license transfer policy. For each license transfer, the seller will need to pay a 15 EUR administrative fee. It's not free anymore. Also, it will take as long as 7-10 business days to complete.
Where can I find more info on this? Their site still has this article which does not mention a transfer fee: https://www.toontrack.com/faq/transfer- ... formation/
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

kovacs wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:11 am
Where can I find more info on this? Their site still has this article which does not mention a transfer fee: https://www.toontrack.com/faq/transfer- ... formation/
Just do the usual license transfer using Toontrack's Contact Support. After filling the form, you will then be prompted to Pay a 15 EUR administrative fee checkout, and of course, you will need to pay to continue the license transfer.
I don't really know why they haven't updated their license transfer policy on their site yet, but the fact that the seller will need to pay an administrative fee from now on are very disappointing to me.

Yes, that is very surprising coming from Toontrack. I own 80+ Toontrack items.

Did you have to pay per item or per transaction?
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Thanks for posting this. :tu: I was going to post this today after the interaction I had on VI-C yesterday.

Pretty disappointing indeed, but no surprise considering the rise in second hand sales of their products in last year or so.

This is such a shameful act against their customer base. So no more Toontrack for me, sorry. The expansion packs are in practice unsellable now.

kovacs wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:34 am Yes, that is very surprising coming from Toontrack. I own 80+ Toontrack items.

Did you have to pay per item or per transaction?
Same here, all the EZkeys expansions, all the EZbass expansions, around 6-7 SDX, possibly around 25-30 EZD expansions and loads of MIDI packs. And I forgot about EZmix + 7 expansions. 90-95, revenue wise, has been new and not second hand.

And I have, myself, only sold one license. It was due to having two licenses for the same product
after buying one license by mistake (didn't know I already ownd it)
Last edited by starflakeprj on Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Yeah, it has almost become one more iLok now!

This is actually the reason I ditched MeldaProduction. Having those 50% off regularly isn't a Toontrack thing, but since you have to pay 20% of the full price in transfer fee, and you often bought the product at half price, you often only got a few bucks back from what you paid.

Good mention there. Also add Waves, PA, IK Multimedia, any iLok based companies, etc. to that list. Fortunately, with PA you can use your vouchers to waive off the transfer fees almost always or at least reduce it to a small amount.

Regarding iLok, it's a maximum of $50 at least and then you can transfer as many licenses as you would like (at the same time), making it easier to sell licenses in a bundle. I have never bothered selling any Waves plugins, or PA, but sold my IKM Total Studio 2 MAX Crossgrade license, and IKM has a really weird transfer process.

I wonder if you could say hey, I bought this with a different license transfer condition, so I am entitled to transfer it freely.
Knobcloud.com - marketplace for audio software

I also discovered this this past week when trying to sell an EZmix expansion. I had to refund the money after being paid because the transfer fee was more than I actually sold the thing for.
I've been buying and selling Toontrack stuff for years and years, mostly new from dealers, but have sold off unused stuff and bought a few license transfers myself. This really slams the brakes on all that. It's called an "administrative fee", but call it what it is, a transfer impediment, designed to discourage anyone from buying and selling used licenses. It's a money grab. If anything, their simple and cost-free license transfer process has helped keep me interested in Toontrack products over the years. If they had implemented this years ago I might very well have moved on from them by this point.
Macs M1/M2 / Bitwig 4 / Studio One 6

skiltrip wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:04 pm
I also discovered this this past week when trying to sell an EZmix expansion. I had to refund the money after being paid because the transfer fee was more than I actually sold the thing for.
I've been buying and selling Toontrack stuff for years and years, mostly new from dealers, but have sold off unused stuff and bought a few license transfers myself. This really slams the brakes on all that. It's called an "administrative fee", but call it what it is, a transfer impediment, designed to discourage anyone from buying and selling used licenses. It's a money grab. If anything, their simple and cost-free license transfer process has helped keep me interested in Toontrack products over the years. If they had implemented this years ago I might very well have moved on from them by this point.
I was on the other end of this with Skiltrip. It's really unfortunate that Toontrack has added a transfer fee. It's still the usual verbiage without any associated costs. I reached out since none of this is published on their website. Their support team advised they began charging 6/24/2021 for license transfers. I responded stating this kills second hand buying/selling of many of their products... no response at all.

This move makes me second guess buying any more Toontrack products, especially midi or EZMix.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”